FxSound (formerly DFX Audio Enhancer) dramatically improves the sound quality of your favorite media players with 3D Surround, higher fidelity, booming bass and more. That provides exceptional playback quality on your PC.
This Sound Enhancer optimizes your music in seconds. It simply runs in the background. Just turn on your music and enjoy an improved listening experience.
FxSound2 Enhancer brings you booming bass, crystal clear audio and high fidelity by optimizing your music in real time. That means you get a studio quality listening experience without the need for overly expensive headphones or speakers.
The applicationr optimizes 5.1 and 7.1 Surround Sound audio content and is carefully tuned to provide superior sound quality for each channel of all multi-channel Surround Sound formats. Using this application you can experience true theater sound quality.
FxSound2 Enhancer features:
- 3D Surround Sound
- Advanced DSP Sound Quality Enhancement
- Explore Artist Videos, Bio, News, Lyrics, Similar Artists
- Speakers and Headphones Optimization
- Finely-tuned Music Presets
- Dynamic Sound Spectrum Analyzer
- Powerful Audio Processing Modes
- Compatible With Many Players and Media Formats
- Efficient Performance Using Minimal CPU
- Stylish, Shapely Skins
- Space Saving Mini-mode Interface
- Presets Backup and Restore
- Preset Song Associations
- 5.1/7.1 Surround Sound Support
- 64-Bit Windows Support
With FxSound Effects, you can adjust levels of 3D Surround sound to personalize your music listening experience. With 3D Surround processing the sounds will surround you, virtually putting you inside the music! 3D Surround enhances the sound played on conventional 2-speaker systems and makes even small PC speaker systems sound larger and richer. It is also fully compatible with Surround Sound playback systems.
FxSound Enhancer automatically improves sound quality by restoring the frequencies that are lost through data compression. Music, however, is very subjective. That’s why you’ll get the tools to adjust FxSound Audio Effects to your personal tastes.
Streaming services like YouTube, Spotify and Pandora use low quality music, because it saves them money on bandwidth and data costs. With FxSound Enhancer you get a high definition listening experience no matter how bad the quality of a song was previously.
There are five settings. Fidelity, Ambience, 3D Surround Sound, Dynamic Boost and HyperBass. Each you can adjust with a slider on a scale of 1-10.
Multiband equalizers allow you to selectively boost or cut the audio energy present in multiple frequency ranges of your music. Making adjustments to the sound energy in these bands compensates for imperfections in the frequency response of your playback system and environment.
FxSound2 Enhancer is supplied with a broad set of easy to select processing presets. That make it easy to find the settings which best match your audio system and listening tastes. You can also create and save own custom presets. The application lets you import and export your personal presets for backup and restore purposes.
- New downloadable presets (Alternative Rock, Classical, Jazz, Metal, R&B)
- Added language support for Polish, German, French, Italian, Romanian, Swedish, Turkish
- Reduced CPU usage
- Playback device selection bug fixes
- VC++ runtime DLL installation dependency removed
Changes in FxSound 188.8.131.52:
- Added language support for Korean, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Portuguese, Chinese, and Spanish
Changes in FxSound 184.108.40.206:
- Reverted driver changes that added L/R functionality while we sort out some bug issues
Changes in FxSound 220.127.116.11:
- FxSound is now completely free and unrestricted.
- L/R balance re-enabled in Windows when using FxSound
- Bug fixes
Changes in FxSound 18.104.22.168:
- Added option in settings for FxSound to automatically switch to newly connected output
- Undo preset changes now available for use on free plan
- Login prompt removed on startup on free plan
- Fixed bug where FxSound wasn’t opening properly
Changes in FxSound 22.214.171.124:
- Reverted driver changes while we fix some bug issues
Changes in FxSound 126.96.36.199:
- Volume balance reenabled in Windows
- Updated driver for Windows 11 compatibility
- Loosened subscription license checks (you’ll now need to login every 30 days)
- Fixed bug where FxSound was incorrectly opening in expanded state
- Fixed bug where Clarity values were not being properly reset when changing presets
- Fixed bug where FxSound window was moving to the left when the Visualizer opened
Changes in FxSound 188.8.131.52:
- Added new onboarding feature that allows you to isolate the frequencies within a selected EQ frequency range by using Alt + Click and Hold on an EQ thumb
- Added new tooltips on hover to explain the difference between the EQ band adjustments and center frequency adjustments
- Added highlight animation when dragging an EQ thumb
Changes in FxSound 184.108.40.206:
- Added the new visualizer!
Changes in FxSound 220.127.116.11:
- Added task tray notifications when swapping to newly connected device
- Added tooltips when hovering over EQ, Effects, and Presets (can disable in settings)
Changes in FxSound 18.104.22.168:
- Added ability to import and export presets (new presets for download coming soon!)
Changes in FxSound 22.214.171.124:
- New presets! (Movies, TV, Transcription, and Volume Boost)
- Removed ads from the free plan
- Free plan users can now only use the General preset
- Playback devices will default to last used (even when a device is disconnected) unless disabled in the settings
- Reduced the length of time that task tray notifications are displayed
- Font size and color improvements in settings
- FxSound now has a grey color state when off
- Fixed BSOD error on Windows 7
- Fixed Code 52 error on Windows 7
- Added notification on upgrades to show link to changelog
Homepage – https://www.fxsound.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10.