Sweet Home 3D 7.1
Sweet Home 3D is a free interior design application that helps you place your furniture on a house 2D plan, with a 3D preview. This program is aimed at people who want to design their interior quickly.
Whether they are moving or they just want to redesign their existing home. Numerous visual guides help you draw the plan of your home and layout furniture. The user may draw the walls of his rooms upon the image of an existing plan, change the color or the texture of the walls, draw dimensions, drag and drop furniture in the plan from a catalog organized by categories (living room, kitchen).
You can import additional 3D models created by himself or downloaded from different Web sites, change the size, the orientation and the elevation of each piece of furniture with the mouse.
Sweet Home 3D allows you to view the changes in the plan simultaneously in the 3D view, either from an aerial view point, or from a virtual visitor view point, print the home plan and the 3D view. Each change in the 2D plan is simultaneously updated in the 3D view, to show you a realistic rendering of your layout.
Sweet Home 3D Features:
- Draw straight, round or sloping walls with precise dimensions using the mouse or the keyboard.
- Insert doors and windows in walls by dragging them in the plan. And let Sweet Home 3D compute their holes in walls.
- Add furniture to the plan from a searchable and extensible catalog organized by categories such as kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom…
- Change color, texture, size, thickness, location and orientation of furniture, walls, floors and ceilings.
- While designing the home in 2D, simultaneously view it in 3D from an aerial point of view. Or navigate into it from a virtual visitor point of view.
- Annotate the plan with room areas, dimension lines, texts, arrows and show the North direction with a compass rose.
- Create photorealistic images and videos with the ability to customize lights. Control sunlight effect according to the time of day and geographic location.
- Import home blueprint to draw walls upon it, 3D models to complete default catalog, and textures to customize surfaces.
- Print and export PDFs, bitmap or vector graphics images, videos and 3D files in standard file formats.
- Extend the features of Sweet Home 3D with plug-ins programmed in Java. Or by developing a derived version based on its Model View Controller architecture.
- Choose the language displayed in the user interface of Sweet Home 3D and its rich help from 25 languages.
Changes in Sweet Home 3D 7.1 (March 3, 2023):
- Added furniture description field in Sweet Home 3D and the Furniture Library Editor.
- Added the description of a piece of furniture set in a SH3F file to the catalog furniture tool tip.
- Updated Java 3D 1.6.2 to avoid corrupted 3D view and furniture icons with recent AMD Adrenalin driver versions under Windows.
- Updated JOGL to version 2.4.0-rc-20221118 to fix a hanging issue in the furniture import wizard under macOS.
- Ignored auto completion at initialization time of text fields.
- Fixed handling of delete keys when catalog search text field has focus in the Sweet Home 3D JS Online.
- Added Portuguese from Portugal translation as default Portuguese translation and made Portuguese translation of previous versions as Brazilian Portuguese translation.
- Made JAR executable version of Sweet Home 3D, Furniture Library Editor and Textures Library Editor able to be launched with a double-click under Java version ≥ 16.
- Fixed computed limit between joined walls of different thicknesses.
- Updated Azul OpenJDK runtime bundled in Sweet Home 3D installer with Azul OpenJDK 11.0.18 under Windows 64 bit and Azul OpenJDK 15.0.10 under Mac OS X ≥ 10.9.
- Other minor bugs fixes and enhancements.
Changes in Sweet Home 3D 7.0.2 (July 31, 2022):
- Fixed wrong layout of the second step in Furniture import wizard for a few cases under Windows.
- Filled rooms which have an invisible floor with a more transparent color in the plan.
- Fixed transparency of rooms in SVG export.
- Used a screenshot for the icon image created at the end of Furniture import wizard under Windows.
- Kept the 3D view detached from the main window at reopening if it’s partially visible.
- Fixed wrong connections of a split wall when two walls are connected to each other.
- Added YafaRay libraries in Mac OS X 10.4-10.9 installer.
- Other minor bugs fixes and enhancements.
Homepage – https://www.sweethome3d.com/
Sweet Home 3D may run on Windows, macOS 10.4 to 12, Linux and Solaris.
Size: 77.4 MB