Pixarra TwistedBrush Pro Studio – digital paint software with complete natural art tools – oils, acrylics, pastel, charcoal etc. It is software for artists without the complexity of other art programs.
TwistedBrush Pro Studio has one of the most versatile and powerful brush engines in existence, yet it was designed from day one to be easy to use. Simplicity without sacrifice, powerful enough for the professional artist yet simple enough for the novice.
TwistedBrush Pro Studio has more than 3,000 brushes, along with all the features that artists love to use: layers, realistic media, photo cloning, tracing, masks, particles, filters, script recording, scripts to AVI, drawing tablet support, brush shapes, patterns.
Also it has the textures, integrated scanner support, image brushes, drawing guides, reference image views, dirty brushes, scratch layer, dynamic palettes and a whole lot more.
TwistedBrush Pro Studio runs on all versions of the Windows operating system. It is designed for all realms of digital art including natural media fine art, photo retouching, photo composition, photo cloning to turn your photos into the look of hand painted artwork, mandala art, patterns, manga, even 3D like painting with the incredible blob modeling tools.
TwistedBrush Pro Studio Feature Highlights:
- Workspace. Over 50 brushes are right at your fingertips, along with numerous color palette options and tools that get assigned to your right button click to further streamline your artist workflow.
- Sketckbook. When you start TwistedBrush Pro Studio it is like opening your sketchbook, it is immediately ready to draw or paint on your page. You can export your pictures to any number of the standard image formats such as JPEG, PNG, BMP, TGA, TIFF, GIF, etc.
- Page Explorer. Up to 500 pages per book and an unlimited number of books means you’ll never run out of paper! The Page Explorer makes it easy to view and reorganize your pages in your sketchbooks.
- Select Brushes. There are over 2000 brushes included with more added all the time. With the brush shortcut system your favorite brushes are always ready for you.
- ArtSets. ArtSets organize the brushes into groups of 60 brushes. There are a variety of types of ArtSets, from standard art tools, specialize collections, patterns brushes, cloners, photo retouching brushes, image brushes, etc.
- Editing ArtSets. All the tools to create brushes and ArtSets are included. You can even create your own collections of brushes easily by entering the ArtSet build mode and selecting brushes from other ArtSets.
- Select Colors. Additionally you can tweak selected colors, create your own palettes. Select colors from your picture, from a reference image, the scratch layer or even the trace source image. Dynamic palettes also aid in color selections. They allows you to pick from the history of colors used or hue ranges from your currently selected color.
- Tools. Here are the eye dropper, cropping, moving, line, box, ellipse, flood fill, gradiant, masking tools, text, drawing guides, brush rotate, brush cleaner etc.
- Layers. They allow you to split your work into transparent layers that sit on top on each others. Also allow for incredible editing and adjustment options even at the end stages of your painting.
- Paper Textures. Use paper textures while you draw to give the feel and look of textured paper and canvas. Over 70 different surface textures are included.
- Masks. Included is a magic wand with a number of different modes for creating your masks. Or use a common shape or one of the many masking brushes to create exactly the mask you need.
- Filters. A filter allows for processing the image all at once. TwistedBrush includes the full range of image processing filters ready to use.
- Scripts. With scripts you can record your painting actions and play them back, recreating your painting from scratch.
- Pattern Brushes. These brushes paint a pattern on your canvas as you paint. Adjust the size the pattern with the density slider. Categories of patterns include, surface, materials, nature and others.
- Brush Shapes. Most any brush in TwistedBrush can be further enhanced with a shape.
- Image Brushes. Those powerful tools for both recreating the flow and feel of working with natural media but also for allowing for extraordinary painting effects.
- Image Warp. When using the Image Warp tool you will be pulling, pushing, pinching, and stretching your image as if it was make of rubber or putty.
Changes in TwistedBrush Pro Studio 25.15:
- Fixed: Attempting to import a second ArtSet fails.
- Fixed: Hue being set to 0 when setting lum and sat to 0. It should not.
- Fixed: When dragging a brush in the Edit ArtSet mode, dragging the brush off the panel would result in a crash.
Changes in TwistedBrush Pro Studio 25.14:
- Added: Brush Effect “Smooth Angle”.
- Added: Brush Effects “Wedge3”, “Wedge4”, “Wedge5”, “Wedge6”.
- Added: Brush Effect “ColorSelect Index”
- Added: Brush Effect “VM Modulo”
- Added: Brush Effects “VM Min” and “VM Max”
- Added: Brush Effects “Multi 100”
- Added: Brush Effects “Lock Dab Count”
- Added: Brush Effects Envelope “b-ang SmthAngle”
- Added: Brush Effects Envelopes “f-in-slow” and “f-out-slow”
- Improved: Increased number of brush blender bristles from 20 to 100!
- Improved: Brush effect Rad Scatter 2 improved to respond to brush resizing dynamically.
- Fixed: Brush Effect Reset not working above level 20.
- Fixed: Density Adj was not working correctly
Changes in TwistedBrush Pro Studio 25.12:
- Added: Brush Effect “Auto apply mode”.
- Added: Brush Select option added to brush shortcuts popup menu.
- Added: Import ArtSet option from the File menu.
- Added: Seamless filter category added for Backgounds, Texturize Emboss, Texturize Bump, and Displacement Bump.
- Changed: Ctrl + Click on shortcut brush will open the Brush Select dialog.
- Fixed: Setting the tracing color not working.
- Fixed: Some control sizes in the filter dialog are wrong.
- Fixed: Filters with a style dropdown list were not working correctly.
- Fixed: Filter brushes not retaining the filter list 2 such as in Pattern Explorer for editing.
Changes in TwistedBrush Pro Studio 25.11:
- Fixed: Text Brush effect “text clip repeat” was not working.
Changes in TwistedBrush Pro Studio 25.10:
- Added: Brush effect “pRend DabEnd” added. Renders the particle only at the end of life with a dab.
- Added: Brush effects “Add Var 1” – “Add Var 10”
- Added: Brush effects “Sub Var 1” – “Sub Var 10”
- Added: Brush effect “3D Shadow Opacity” added. Impacts the other shadow effects.
- Added: Brush effect “VM Percentage 10000” added.
- Improved: Increase the font size in the Brush Effects panel
- Changed: Brush Effect “VM Percentage 1000” to allow value to extend beyond the limit of a brush effect amount.
- Changed: Text brushes changed to write temporary data to the application data area.
- Fixed: Text Brushes were not working.
Changes in TwistedBrush Pro Studio 25.09:
- Improved: Show a wait cursor when doing a long brush search operation.
- Fixed: Layer opacity once set was affecting every layer later selected.
- Fixed: When minimizing the program the layers panel is incorrectly sized when restored.
- Fixed: Brush Control sliders are not dragging thumb position properly.
- Fixed: Brush shortcuts panel slider is not dragging thumb position properly.
- Fixed: When selecting a brush modifier the original ArtSet for a brush is forgotten.
Changes in TwistedBrush Pro Studio 25.07:
- Added: The M key randomizes the selected brush.
- Improved: Opening the Page Explorer is drawn more cleanly.
- Fixed: The Random button on the Brush Control dialog is randomizing twice.
- Fixed: Hot Key F1 was opening Page Explore, it should not.
- Fixed: Hot Key F2 is not toggling all dialogs.
- Fixed: Menu option to toggle all dialogs is missing.
- Fixed: The comma (,) hot key should allow for a temporary toggling of full screen mode.
- Fixed: The number keys 1-0 should select brushes 1 – 10 from shortcuts panel.
- Fixed: The / key should popup the modifiers panel.
- Fixed: The R key should select the Adjust tool.
- Fixed: The X key should select the Text tool.
- Fixed: Ctrl X key should perform a cut action.
- Fixed: Paste operation is not working.
- Fixed: The ArtSet dialog has the wrong title.
Homepage – https://www.pixarra.com
- Windows 7/ Windows 8 / Windows 10
- 500MB disk space
- 1024×768 minimum display resolution
- 4GB RAM (8GB or more recommended)
Compatible Formats: TBR, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, TGA, PCX, PSD, BMP, PCD, WMF and EMF.
Size: 34.6 MB