Hardware acceleration can be applied to more videos with the help of new HW+ decoder. You don’t need to install an extra codec package unless MX Player asks to do so on its first run.
MX Player is the first Android video player which supports multi-core decoding. Test result proved that dual-core device’s performance is better up to 70% than that of single-core devices.
Furthermore, MX Player allows you to easily zoom in and out by pinching and swiping across the screen. Zoom and Pan is also available by option.
Player supports the subtitle gestures. Scroll forward/backward to move to next/previous text, Up/down to move text up and down, Zoom in/out to change text size.
Kids Lock feature allows you to keep your kids entertained without having to worry about them making calls or touching other apps. (plugin required)
MX Player Features:
- Plays almost every movie files including .3gp .avi .divx, .f4v .flv .mkv .mp4 .mpeg .mov .vob .wmv .webm and many more.
- Hardware decoding (with HW+ decoder)
- Better hi10p support.
- Processor optimization
- High speed rendering for ARM NEON compliant processors.
- Provides processor specific Codecs including Tegra 2 processor.
- Audio track can be changed dynamically.
- Quickly change decoding mode – Click SW or HW button on the screen while playing to change decoding mode seamlessly.
- Network stream playback.
- Move forward/backward (Optional)
- A-B repeat.
- Aspect ratio selection.
- Deinterlacing (SW decoder only)
- Previews while seeking.
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Toggle between elapsed time and remaining time – touch elapsed time text on the video control panel.
- Background play – Long press play button.
- Selectively disable HTTP/HTTPS video link handling – To prevent unwanted video play when a video link is clicked on a web browser.
- Supported Subtitle Formats
- DVD, DVB, SSA/ASS Subtitle Tracks.
- SubStation Alpha (.ssa/.ass) with full styling.
- SAMI (.smi) with ruby tag support.
- SubRip (.srt)
- MicroDVD (.sub/.txt)
- VobSub (.sub/.idx)
- SubViewer2.0 (.sub)
- MPL2 (.mpl/.txt)
- TMPlayer (.txt)
- PJS (.pjs)
- WebVTT (.vtt)
- Online subtitle finding.
- Multi-subtitle support. Can read and display multiple subtitle files simultaneously.
- Subtitle Gesture
- Clear Text. Increased subtitle readability with ticker border and shadow.
- Supports text styling and coloring script.
- Supports user fonts of TTF and OTF format.
- Sync adjustment.
- Speed adjustment.
- Adjust screen and subtitle display settings without leaving the video playback screen.
- Optionally display current time and battery status.
- Video zoom – Long press zoom button.
- Lock target selection – Long press lock button.
- Keyboard navigation.
- Mouse wheel handling.
- Joystick left/right button handling.
- Shuffle / Loops – Long press next button.
- Supports Samsung Multiwindow.
MX Player Pro is the Ad-Free version of MX Player.
Changes in MX Player 1.13.2:
- With this release, we bring you native 64-bit support. What does this mean? Up to 30% better performance making your video playback experience on MX Player faster and richer.
- We also improved compatibility with x86 and tegra3 chipsets. You no longer need an additional codec pack to use the app!
- Oh yes, we also fixed several bugs that were bothering you lot
- Network streaming issues with 1.12.x
- Subtitle issues with some Android 5.x devices
- Improper rendering of online videos
Changes in MX Player Pro 1.13.2:
- Now Watch while you Browse! Introducing Picture-in-Picture Mode (Android 8+) that allows you to continue watching your local videos even when outside the app.
- Picture-in-Picture Mode on lower Android versions and Chromecast are on its way
Homepage – https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/
- OS: Android 4.0, Windows 8.1, Windows Phone 8.1 and higher.
- CPU: ARM v5TE and higher, MIPS32 rev.2, Intel x86
All devices with ARM architecture (ARMv7 & ARMv8) devices must use MX Player 1.9.x (Arm). It is preloaded with the necessary libraries that are required for the device that are fully compatible with NEON instructions. For Others (Tegra 3 & Tegra 2), you may have to additionally install the codec packs according to your chipset architecture.
Size: 29.9 MB