Hardware acceleration can be applied to more videos with the help of new HW+ decoder. You don’t need to install an extra codec package unless MX Player asks to do so on its first run.
MX Player is the first Android video player which supports multi-core decoding. Test result proved that dual-core device’s performance is better up to 70% than that of single-core devices.
Furthermore, MX Player allows you to easily zoom in and out by pinching and swiping across the screen. Zoom and Pan is also available by option.
Player supports the subtitle gestures. Scroll forward/backward to move to next/previous text, Up/down to move text up and down, Zoom in/out to change text size.
Kids Lock feature allows you to keep your kids entertained without having to worry about them making calls or touching other apps. (plugin required)
MX Player Features:
- Plays almost every movie files including .3gp .avi .divx, .f4v .flv .mkv .mp4 .mpeg .mov .vob .wmv .webm and many more.
- Hardware decoding (with HW+ decoder)
- Better hi10p support.
- Processor optimization
- High speed rendering for ARM NEON compliant processors.
- Provides processor specific Codecs including Tegra 2 processor.
- Audio track can be changed dynamically.
- Quickly change decoding mode – Click SW or HW button on the screen while playing to change decoding mode seamlessly.
- Network stream playback.
- Move forward/backward (Optional)
- A-B repeat.
- Aspect ratio selection.
- Deinterlacing (SW decoder only)
- Previews while seeking.
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Toggle between elapsed time and remaining time – touch elapsed time text on the video control panel.
- Background play – Long press play button.
- Selectively disable HTTP/HTTPS video link handling – To prevent unwanted video play when a video link is clicked on a web browser.
- Supported Subtitle Formats
- DVD, DVB, SSA/ASS Subtitle Tracks.
- SubStation Alpha (.ssa/.ass) with full styling.
- SAMI (.smi) with ruby tag support.
- SubRip (.srt)
- MicroDVD (.sub/.txt)
- VobSub (.sub/.idx)
- SubViewer2.0 (.sub)
- MPL2 (.mpl/.txt)
- TMPlayer (.txt)
- PJS (.pjs)
- WebVTT (.vtt)
- Online subtitle finding.
- Multi-subtitle support. Can read and display multiple subtitle files simultaneously.
- Subtitle Gesture
- Clear Text. Increased subtitle readability with ticker border and shadow.
- Supports text styling and coloring script.
- Supports user fonts of TTF and OTF format.
- Sync adjustment.
- Speed adjustment.
- Adjust screen and subtitle display settings without leaving the video playback screen.
- Optionally display current time and battery status.
- Video zoom – Long press zoom button.
- Lock target selection – Long press lock button.
- Keyboard navigation.
- Mouse wheel handling.
- Joystick left/right button handling.
- Shuffle / Loops – Long press next button.
- Supports Samsung Multiwindow.
MX Player Pro is the Ad-Free version of MX Player.
Changes in MX Player Standard 1.35.5:
- You can now change your Private Folder PIN.
For OTT users:
- Experience our first ever Interactive Movie wherein ‘you’ get to decide the story as you watch.
- This time, online player UI also has gotten a fresh new look! It is rebuilt from the ground up to be easy to use and looks better.
- Support H266, significantly save data consumption when watching online content (available only for some videos and devices)
- Earn Scratch Cards and win exciting rewards while playing your favourite games.
Changes in MX Player Standard 1.33.5:
- Sleep Timer now lets you fall asleep to your favourite music
- Create Video Playlists from your local videos
- Fixed a bug which causes Auto-Rotate to fail when watching Videos.
Changes in MX Player Free 1.30.6:
- New features that make your video-playback experience even more powerful:
- You can now Pinch to Zoom In and Zoom Out
- Additionally, you can now also control the playback speed of your videos easily
- Apart from these, MX Player now enables you to Search and Play YouTube videos, all within the app.
- Keeping the best for last, MX Player now gives you more power to manage your local files.
- Starting now, you can Copy and Move your audio and video files easily!
Changes in MX Player Free 1.28.7:
- Optimize the playback experience.
Changes in MX Player Free 1.26.4:
- View Menu has been redesigned for simplicity
For India users:
- Now swipe down any video to switch to Picture-in-Picture Mode.
- Content downloaded from the Video section can now be shared locally
- Introducing ‘Made For You Mixes’; listen to music you love!
- AV1 support for live videos saves you up to ~50% data(only for some channels)
- We redesigned the Navigation Drawer to make it more beautiful and functional
- Lots of bug fixes and product improvements
Changes in MX Player Pro 1.26.7:
- View Menu has been redesigned for simplicity
Changes in MX Player Pro 1.20.7:
- Better compatibility with 3rd party apps.
- Now, MX Player can properly queue the media files while using 3rd party apps.
- This release also brings a set of upgrades to MX Share, like Share History, Invite and a few more. Go on, give it a spin!
- We have also fixed some of the bugs that were bothering you a lot.
- Soft Keyboard will appear properly while using the subtitle search option on TV devices.
- Improved subtitle search functionality.
- LockMode now keeps the display aspect ratio intact.
Changes in MX Player 2.11.0 Beta:
This update includes SMB protocol support. With this release, you can also quickly access all MX Player features from Navigation Drawer. And yes, we bring you Share support for all file types!
- Seeking now works with WebM files
- Background Play (Audio) can now be disabled
For India users:
- We bring the much-loved Online Music Experience for your locally downloaded music files too. Start listening!
- Share your favorite Shows/Movies as Facebook Stories
Changes in MX Player 2.8.2 Beta:
- We bring you Video Downloader – now download and watch together in MX Player.
Changes in MX Player 2.6.1 Beta:
- We brought huge improvisations to Search, gave it a makeover and made it faster and more reliable
- We also present to you a curated selection of items to shop right within MX Player
Changes in MX Player 2.5.2 Beta:
- Introducing MX Player’s P2P file-sharing – start sharing without an internet connection
- Super-charged Search and made it more reliable
- Games section was given a nice polish
- We notched up your Music experience by introducing a full-fledged audio player
Changes in MX Player 2.4.4 Beta:
- Glossier finish to Games and Coins.
- No big changes, just a shine.
Homepage – https://mx.j2inter.com/
- OS: Android 4.0, Windows 8.1, Windows Phone 8.1 and higher.
- CPU: ARM v5TE and higher, MIPS32 rev.2, Intel x86
All devices with ARM architecture (ARMv7 & ARMv8) devices must use MX Player 1.9.x (Arm). It is preloaded with the necessary libraries that are required for the device that are fully compatible with NEON instructions. For Others (Tegra 3 & Tegra 2), you may have to additionally install the codec packs according to your chipset architecture.
Size: 42.3 MB