foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
foobar2000 isn’t just for early adopters or software jukebox fetishists. It doesn’t mess with fancy buttons or bright colors. Instead of to prefer a utilitarian, straightforward user interface it lets the music speak for itself.
foobar2000 uses tabs and panels to help the user navigate its plain, but functional, user interface. You can customize the interface using several layout options. Menu options and recognizable command buttons reside at the top of the window.
Two panels, each with tabbed menus, reside on the left side of the window. From there, you can view the album list and the properties of a selected artist or song.
In foobar2000 you’ll also find tabs for viewing a spectrogram, a spectrum, and VU meter of music currently being played, display album art. Furthermore, you can synchronize it with portable players including iPods.
foobar2000 Main features:
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, Opus, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND… and more with additional components.
- Gapless playback.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs
- Transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
- Added support for playing Opus audio in MP4 container.
- Fixed obscure UI glitches (list controls, Default UI splitter).
- Suppressed repeating library scan error messages.
- More consistent behavior of Properties dialog/element vs channel mask info on multi-selection.
- Made possible to autoupdate components larger than 16MB. (beta 2)
- FTP protocol bug fixes. (beta 2)
Changes in foobar2000 1.6.11:
- Fixed bugs in HTTP redirect behaviors.
- Added more exclusive output tweaks.
- Fixed incorrect reported duration of very long WavPack files.
- Fixed a bug preventing parent folder from being added to playlist if a subfolder is inaccessible.
- Fixed some very old bugs in Preferences / Shell Integration page.
- Updated FLAC code to version 1.3.4.
- Updated zlib to 1.2.12.
- FFmpeg is now used to decode Apple Lossless format.
Changes in foobar2000 1.6.10:
- Fixed stuck now playing album art with many single tracks in one folder.
- Workaround for certain radio serving .pls that 302-redirects to audio/mpeg stream.
- Playlist Search: Don’t reload view / drop selection if search refresh changed nothing.
- Properly focus newly spawned UI Element popup – Library Search etc is now focused if invoked via global hotkey.
- Implemented #EXT-X-PROGRAM-DATE-TIME for HLS internet radio.
- Fixed incorrect decoding of FLAC files with 3 channels and no explicit channel mask set. (beta 3)
- Better formatting of HTTPS related error messages. (beta 4)
- Fixed a rare shutdown crash. (beta 4)
Changes in foobar2000 1.6.9:
- Fixed Properties dialog glitches when scrolling content horizontally.
- Fixed Converter setup dialog crash when using mouse forward/back buttons to navigate pages.
- Fixed truncated text in Converter at 125% text size.
- Fixed bad behavior of stricmp_utf8() function in shared.dll causing incorrect behavior of some components.
- Fixed incorrect rendering of some Preferences page elements with Windows 7 classic theme.
- Fixed a bug preventing some large folders from being added to playlist correctly.
- Worked around apparent incorrect playback of audio tracks beginning with early drum hits with default output settings.
- Updated middle-click-scroll marker.
- Cleaned up various leftovers from old versions.
- Fixed blank Properties content after some (but not all) of tag writes failed.
- Visual consistency fixes in Preferences, mainly affecting Windows 7 in classic mode.
Changes in foobar2000 1.6.8:
- Fixed visual glitches when scrolling lists horizontally with mouse wheel through Logitech software.
- Improved output format negotiation with exclusive output.
- Fixed failure to install components from store-mode (uncompressed) zip archives.
- Improved handling of malformed FLAC files, prevented crash from too many cuesheet entries.
- Correct reporting of AC3 channel count in MP4 files even without AC3 component installed (before it would incorrectly report stereo).
- Allowed UTF-8 cuesheets without UTF-8 header.
- Fixed htmlspecialchars misuse in component update list / component page link.
- Mapped MP4 @mvn field to “movement name”.
- Prevented the same folder from being added more than once to the Media Library.
- Properties dialog: deferred logging of user-entered field names for the dropdown list until the tags are saved, effectively preventing typos from being remembered.
- Fixed a bug causing alt+f4 (and possibly other keyboard events) to be disregarded if mouse pointer is above specific interactive portion of a window (list controls, buttons in editboxes).
- Improved handling of files with malformed APE tags – some files were entirely unplayable.
- More thorough ‘remove tags’ for Vorbis, Opus and Musepack.
- Fixed text truncation in ReplayGain Scanner preferences page.
- Made possible to add attached pictures by drag and drop to relevant Properties dialog page.
Changes in foobar2000 1.6.7:
- Built-in WASAPI exclusive output.
Rewritten entirely in beta 7, old beta1-6 bugs should be gone.
- Added ‘smart stop’ option in Advanced Preferences; press stop key once to stop-after-current, twice to stop now.
- Fixed WavPack lossy not working regression from 1.6.6.
- Made Output preferences reflect output device changes made by output picker toolbar. (beta 5)
- Allowed per-track REM COMMENT in cuesheets. (beta 6)
- HLS radio bug fixes. (beta 6)
- Fixed crashing on failed paste operations in Properties dialog. (beta 6)
- Fixed incorrect handling of UTF-8 file names inside ZIP archives. (beta 6)
- Removed 8-bit output option. (beta 7)
- Fixed inaccurate preamp decibel formatting in Converter setup dialog. (beta 7)
- Prevented popup of Preferences page prompting for a valid output device if the audio device was unplugged with foobar2000 in background. (beta 13)
- Added .weba (WebM audio) to recognied extensions. (beta 15)
- Fixed issues with playing certain streamed M4A files. (beta 16)
Homepage – http://www.foobar2000.org
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 4.54 MB