Paragon Virtualization Manager 14 Professional is a powerful tool for system migration. It can help you easily migrate a Windows based system to a virtual environment (P2V), regardless of how or where the system is currently being backed up.
Virtualization helps minimize under-utilization of your servers, considerably cut hardware expenses, efficiently reallocate IT personnel, and decrease energy costs by up to 80%.
More and more people today face the problem of smooth and cost saving system migration. It mostly has to do with constant hardware improvement.
Traditional approach involving complete re-installation and re-setup of the operating system and all applications requires a lot of time and labor resources, few can afford. Moreover it doesn’t guarantee all software will flawlessly work on a new hardware platform.
Paragon Virtualization Manager 14 Professional performs the tasks:
- Transfer your live Windows or from a Paragon’s backup to a virtual environment of Microsoft Virtual PC, VMware Workstation/Fusion, or Oracle VirtualBox 4.0 (P2V/P2V Restore).
- Transfer your Windows to a different hardware platform. When upgrading to newer or just replacing failed hardware use our unique P2P technology to guarantee startup of your system on a dissimilar hardware configuration (P2P).
- Transfer your virtual Windows back to a physical environment (V2P).
- Migrate your Windows from one virtual environment to another (V2V).
- Connect a virtual disk as if it’s an ordinary physical disk, thus opening up all functionality available for physical disks to virtual (Connect VD).
- Make OS start up after unsuccessful migration with 3rd party tools (P2V Adjust OS/P2P Adjust OS).
- And many more…
Most functionality of the Paragon Virtualization Manager 14 Professional is offered through handy intuitive wizards. That’s why not only IT pros, but also inexperienced users can find it easy and efficient.
Paragon Virtualization Manager 14 Key Features:
- P2V Copy to migrate a Windows physical system to a virtual environment in the online mode.
- Connect VD to connect a virtual disk as if it’s an ordinary physical disk, thus opening up all functionality available for physical disks to virtual.
- P2V Restore to migrate a Windows physical system backed up with a Paragon disaster recovery tool to a virtual environment.
- P2V Adjust to recover the startup ability after unsuccessful virtualization with a 3rd party tool.
- Create VD to create an empty virtual disk or with specific data of one of the supported virtualization vendors.
- P2P Adjust to successfully migrate a Windows physical system to a different hardware platform (P2P).
- Partition/hard disk copy to successfully transfer all on-disk information including standard bootstrap code and other system service structures, thus maintaining the operating system’s working capability.
- Easy size setup for virtual disks with the partition auto-resize option.
- Disk file split for VMware to automatically cut the resulted virtual image to files of 2 GBs each.
- Undelete Partitions Wizard to recover an accidentally deleted partition.
- Merge Partitions Wizard to consolidate the disk space. It originally belongs to two adjacent partitions (NTFS, FAT16/FAT32), into a single, larger partition.
- Redistribute Free Space Wizard to increase free space on one partition by up-taking the on-disk unallocated space and the unused space of other partitions.
- Scripting to make the program create a script of any set of operations you need. Besides support of all operations available in the interactive mode, the unattended mode provides some additional features. Such as conditional execution, subroutines, repeatable iterations, disk/partition properties analysis, errors management, etc.
- Boot Corrector to fix most of the system boot problems that can be a result of a human factor, program error or a boot virus activity.
What’s New in Paragon Virtualization Manager 14 Professional:
- Complete uEFI support.
- A 64-bit Windows OS system configured to the uEFI boot mode can be adjusted to successfully start up on another hard disk during copy accomplished directly under Windows. Previously the uEFI fixup was only available under WinPE;
- A 64-bit Windows OS system configured to the uEFI boot mode will successfully start up in a virtual environment after P2V migration.
- Copy/Restore to dissimilar sector size. Previously not allowed, now you can for instance copy or restore contents of a 512-byte hard disk to a 4k hard disk with no additional actions from your side.
- Uplifted Recovery Media Builder. Paragon’s Recovery Media Builder, a simple alternative to Boot Media Builder, can help you prepare either Linux or WinPE-based bootable environment on a USB thumb drive or in an ISO file.
- Complete support of Windows Storage Spaces.
- Separate x86 and x64 installation packages. Please note that started from HDM 15 installation packages do not include Recovery Media Builder, thus customers can build WinPE-based recovery media only through special utilities (Recovery Media Builder or Boot Media Builder) obtained from Paragon’s website.
- Windows 10 support. The product has been tested to work fine on Windows 10 RTM.
- New user-friendly interface that is fully compatible with the Windows 10 streamlined
Homepage – https://www.paragon-software.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Oracle VirtualBox 5
- Microsoft Virtual PC
- VMware Workstation (including 12.0)
- VMware Fusion
- Parallels Desktop (for Connect VD only)
Size: 50.3 MB