VMware Workstation Pro 17.0.1 Build 21139696
VMware Workstation PRO is powerful desktop virtualization software for software developers, testers and enterprise IT professionals. It can run multiple operating systems simultaneously on a single computer.
VMware Workstation Pro is the easiest, fastest and most reliable way to evaluate new operating systems. Also the software applications and patches, and reference architectures in an isolated and safe virtualized environment.
VMware Discounts and Desktop Promotions
No other desktop virtualization software offers the performance, reliability, and cutting edge features of VMware Workstation Pro. This software is an integral component of any serious technical professional’s toolkit.
Build Virtual Machines on the Desktop
Build, test and demo software across an array of different devices, platforms and clouds. IT professionals, developers and businesses rely on Workstation Pro every day to support their projects and customers. Workstation Pro makes it easy to run complex local virtual environments to simulate operating systems, platforms and clouds, all from the same desktop PC.
Run VMs and Containers on a Single PC
Deploy local OCI containers and Kubernetes clusters with VM isolation, virtual networking and virtual resource options through the vctl CLI tool.
Develop and Test for Any Platform
Fix more bugs and ship quality code on time using Workstation Pro in development and testing. Virtualize nearly any x86 operating system available today on a desktop PC.
Enjoy Baked-In vSphere and ESXi Support
Run ESXi and vCenter as virtual machines on the desktop, and connect to a remote vSphere environment for quick VM access and basic management tasks.
Run Secure and Isolated Desktops
Run a secure second desktop with different privacy settings, tools and networking configurations for online protection, or to take “snapshots” that can be restored later.
VMware Workstation Pro takes virtualization to the next level with the broadest operating system support, rich user experience, a comprehensive feature set and high performance.
VMware Workstation Pro is the perfect tool to increase productivity, save time and conquer the cloud. Supports the latest version of Windows and Linux, the latest processors and hardware. And the ability to connect to VMware vSphere and vCloud Air.
VMware Workstation Pro Features:
- Virtual Machines. Rely on the same hypervisor technology that powers vSphere to run virtual machines and guest operating systems.
- High-Performance 3D Graphics. Gain a fluid and responsive experience for running 3D applications. Workstation Pro supports DirectX 11 and now OpenGL 4.3 in virtual machines.
- Containers and Kubernetes Clusters. Developers on Windows have a new CLI tool, vctl, that can build and run containers and Kubernetes clusters with VM-level isolation and networking.
- Powerful Virtual Networking. Create and configure complex IPv4 and IPv6 virtual networks for VMs, with added network latency and bandwidth simulations to help recreate real-world scenarios.
Ready for High Resolution Displays
VMware Workstation Pro has been optimized to support high resolution 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) displays for Desktops and QHD+ (3200×1800) displays used in laptops and x86 tablets providing you with a crisp and detailed experience. VMware Workstation Pro now supports multiple monitors on the host with different DPI settings so you can run your brand new 4K UHD display along with your existing 1080P HD display.
Build Virtual Networks
With improved IPv6 support, including IPv6-to-IPv4 Network Address Translation (6to4 and 4to6), users can create more complex networking topologies than ever before. Use the VMware Workstation Pro virtual network editor to add and remove virtual IPv4 or IPv6 networks. Create custom virtual networking configurations, ideal for testing and demonstration environments without impacting the PCs network configuration.
Virtual Machine Cross Compatibility
With Workstation Pro you can create virtual machines that can run across the VMware product portfolio. Or create restricted virtual machines that can be used in Horizon FLEX, Fusion Pro, and Workstation Player.
What’s new in VMware Workstation Pro 17.0.1 | 2023-02-03:
- Unable to connect USB devices to a virtual machine. After you create a virtual machine, you cannot connect a USB device to the virtual machine. The issue occurs because the default value of the usb.restrictions.defaultAllow option is configured to FALSE in the VMX configuration file when the virtual machine is created.
- A host machine with Intel HD 4600 GPU might crash when you use a 3D-enabled virtual machine. When you power on a 3D-enabled virtual machine on a host with Intel HD 4600 GPU, the host machine might crash.
- In the Virtual Machine Settings, when you enable or disable secure boot, the following settings under the Virtualization engine change:
- Virtualize Intel VT-x/EPT or AMD-V/RVI
- Virtualize IOMMU (IO memory management unit). When you change the secure boot setting in a virtual machine, the Virtualization engine settings change
- After you upgrade Workstation Pro, if you change the hardware compatibility of the virtual machine, Workstation Pro crashes. After you upgrade Workstation Pro to version 17.0 and change the hardware compatibility of an existing virtual machine to the latest version, Workstation Pro crashes when you try to edit the virtual machine settings.
What’s new in VMware Workstation Pro 17.0.0 | 2022-11-18:
- Auto Start Virtual Machine. You can now configure the local virtual machines to start automatically when the host machine boots up.
- New Guest Operating System Support
- Microsoft Windows 11
- Microsoft Windows Server 2022
- RHEL 9
- Debian 11.x
- Ubuntu 22.04
- New Virtual Trusted Platform Module 2.0. Workstation Pro now offers a virtual Trusted Platform Module (version 2.0) device to support Windows 11 and other operating systems that require a TPM.
- New Full or Fast Encryption features. You can now choose between security (Full) and performance (Fast) options for encyption.
- Improved Graphics Support: OpenGL 4.3. Workstation Pro now supports OpenGL 4.3 for the virtual machines.
- Guest Operating System Requirements
- Windows 7 or higher
- Linux with Mesa 22.0.0 and Linux kernel 5.16.0
- Support for WDDM 1.2. Workstation Pro now supports WDDM (Windows Display Driver Model) version 1.2 for the virtual machines.
Homepage – https://www.vmware.com
- A compatible 64-bit x86/AMD64 CPU launched in 2011 or later
- 1.3GHz or faster core speed
- 2GB RAM minimum/ 4GB RAM or more recommended
VMware Workstation 17 supports hundreds of 32-bit and 64-bit guest operating systems.
Here is a list of the most popular:
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 7
- Windows XP
- Oracle Linux
- Solaris, FreeBSD, and various other Linux Distros
Size: 608 MB
DOWNLOAD Workstation Pro 17.0.1 Trial for Windows 64-bit
DOWNLOAD Workstation Pro 17.0.1 Trial Pro for Linux 64-bit