NXPowerLite simply and efficiently compresses all files that do not zip well, such as PDF, Microsoft Office and JPEG. Once they are compressed, you can easily attach them to e-mails. However, even when compressed, the quality of files is not compromized.
In many cases large PDF and Microsoft Office files contain lots of high-resolution images that are not necessary for its normal use. When this data and irrelevant excess information are removed from internal graphics and standalone JPEGs, NXPowerLite dramatically reduces files to their smallest size – excellent quality and easy to use.
When you are sending e-mails with attachments, NXPowerLite immediately integrates with your email to reduce the files being sent. Moreover, it is possible to shrink attachments that you have received in Outlook 2010 or later.
Besides, the compressed documents remain in their original format. For example, optimized JPG photos will be in the same format – a JPG, just much smaller.
If you have huge amounts of data taking up too much space on your disk, NXPowerLite will be especially useful for you. Or in such cases when you want to copy your files on external devices with a lower disk capacity.
NXPowerLite Desktop Features:
- Simple user interface. It is quick, effective and very easy to use. It takes just a few secons to compress the files.
- Choice of optimisation levels or file queue. You can compress files for screen, print, mobile devices or choose any other compression settings. For example, you can enter custom mode to settle the new resolution for Microsoft Office, PDF and JPEG items.
- Microsoft Office integration. You can use NXPowerLite file compression straight from within PowerPoint, Word or Excel.
- Batch processing. You will optimise multiple entries at the same time by drag-and-drop or folder browsing. Alternatively, you can add a standard ZIP archive, and NXPowerLite will automatically search through it and compress all supported files.
- Automatically compress email attachments. It is integrated with your email client to automatically compress big PDF, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and JPEG files attached to emails.
- Easily share your photos. Simply the shar digital images with JPEG compression built right into your email.
- Delete private application. You set a file renaming rule as well as the device to delete private application data retaining the original file’s date and time.
File Types supported:
- PDF Documents
- PowerPoint presentations (PowerPoint 97-2019)
- Word documents (Word 97-2019)
- Excel spreadsheets (Excel 97-2019)
- JPEG images
Changes in NXPowerLite Desktop (Windows) 9.1.4 (March 7, 2022):
- Added a deployment option to suppress the install/uninstall URL from automatically opening.
- Updated PDF compression library to fix a bug with subsetting PDF fonts. The scope of this is unclear but it seemed to affect only a small subset of PDF files.
- Fixed a bug on the NXPowerLite results screen where the Exit option was missing in the File menu. This only occurred when using NXPowerLite in the Office Add-ins.
Changes in NXPowerLite Desktop (Windows) 9.1.2 (October 8, 2021):
- Windows 11 support
- Support for Office 2021
- Integrates with Office 2021 applications
- Works with files created in Office 2021
- Fixed an issue where some images could become corrupt and render them to be not visible in Office when using the ‘Reduce color depth of PNG images’ feature. It only affected some true color (i.e. usually 24-bit color) PNG images with simple transparency.
Changes in NXPowerLite Desktop (Windows) 9.1.0 (August 16, 2021):
- Delete cropped areas of images now works in PPTX files (Does not work in DOCX or XLSX files)
- Flatten Embedded Objects feature now works in PPTX files. (Does not work in DOCX or XLSX files)
- NXPowerLite Desktop can now work with files synced with OneDrive and SharePoint.
- Lowered the size of emails that are considered for optimization by default, from 500KB to 50KB. (Outlook and Lotus Notes integration)
- Trial behavior changes
- NXPowerLite Desktop will open automatically when installed. Option to disable this behavior included.
- The 14-day trial will start immediately. Previously it started when a file was successfully reduced by more than 5%.
- [English only] A web page is launched upon Install and Uninstall.
- Reverted Japanese License Agreement to the one used in v8.
- Re-ordered the About Dialog
Changes in NXPowerLite Desktop (Windows) 9.0.4 (March 8, 2021):
- Fixed an issue with the expiry of the 14-day evaluation when upgrading NXPowerLite Desktop. The evaluation period was not reset if a previous installation of v8 had an expired evaluation period and an upgrade to v9 was installed. This meant there was no free trial available in that specific situation.
Changes in NXPowerLite Desktop (Windows) 9.0.3 (December 18, 2020):
- Modernized the (older style) system dialogs that appear when you choose folders, add files, or when there is a file name clash.
- Added deployment options for the new optimization capabilities introduced in v9.
- The installer is now multi-language and will install in the language of the region set in Windows.
- Fixed a bug where the Add button could be disabled when adding folders
- Fixed a bug where NXPowerLite did not correctly recurse subfolders when adding a folder.
- Fixed a bunch of file compression bugs in PDF, Office, and Image formats.
- An unrestricted version of NXPowerLite desktop that runs on Server operating systems is now available on request.
Changes in NXPowerLite Desktop (Windows) 9.0.2 (November 24, 2020):
- Choose settings and profile in Explorer
- Frequently used folders
- Export your results
- Compress Microsoft Office files created by other apps
- Smaller Microsoft Office files
- Flatten embedded charts in DOCX and PPTX files
- Compress header and footer images in DOCX files
- Allow JPEG conversion
- Updated PDF Library
- Other UI improvements
- Plus multiple bug fixes and minor improvements.
Changes in NXPowerLite Desktop (Windows) 8.0.11 (February 13, 2020):
- Fixed an issue where PDF Private Application Data was not deleted when the option was selected in the UI
Changes in NXPowerLite Desktop (Windows) 8.0.4 (July 23, 2018):
- We have enabled the NXPowerLite Add-ins in Office applications to be customizable. With previous versions of NXPowerLite the option to optimize file only appeared in a generic ‘Add-ins’ tab in the Office ribbon. Now you can do the following when deploying or after installation:
- Set the tab on which the NXPowerLite button/group appears.
- Customize the NXPowerLite group position
- Customize the NXPowerLite button label
- Customize the size of the icon
- Customize the Screen tip and Super tip for the NXPowerLite group.
- All of the above with both standard Microsoft and custom groups/tabs
- New deployment guide section: ‘Customize NXPowerLite Office add-in at install time’
Changes in NXPowerLite Desktop (Windows) 8.0.2 (March 29, 2018):
- In addition to English NXPowerLite is now available in Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil) & Spanish.
Changes in NXPowerLite Desktop (Windows) 8.0.1 (February 20, 2018):
- NXPowerLite now reduces PNG and TIFF files
- Create multiple custom profiles
- Add folder feature completely re-invented
- New Windows Explorer options including the ability to resize JPEGs with a single right-click
- Replace original files without creating a backup or copy
- Multiple MS Office reduction improvements meaning more files are reduced by more
- NXPowerLite is now compatible with Windows Vista onwards
- We have dropped support for Windows XP
- NXPowerLite integrates with Office 2007 onwards only
- We have dropped integration support for integration with Office 2003, Outlook Express and Windows Mail. Files created in Office 2003 will still be processed.
Changes in NXPowerLite Desktop (Windows) 7.1.14 (October 11, 2017):
- Customers can now select to omit the icon created on the desktop from the custom installation page or from the command line using REMOVE=DesktopShortcut.
Changes in NXPowerLite Desktop (Windows) 7.1.5 (June 2, 2017):
- Added the ability to selectively install NXPowerLite’s ability to optimize received emails in Outlook (Enhanced Outlook Integration).
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11
- macOS 12.0 (Monterey)
- macOS 11.0 (Big Sur)
- macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
Size: 46.9 MB