pdfFactory is an easy, reliable PDF creation tool from all applications, designed for non-expert users. Anyone can create PDF documents that you can publish on Web sites, emailed, or archived.
PDF files are used to represent printed material electronically. When viewed and printed, they contain all the fonts, graphical information, layout and formatting of an original printed document. Only pdfFactory allows printing to paper or PDF without printing twice.
pdfFactory combines multiple documents into a single PDF. Increases the convenience of document delivery by having a single PDF that contains material from different sources.
Just keep printing documents to pdfFactory and they will automatically be combined. A PDF file you can view on any operating system including macOS, and all Unix variants including Linux.
- Instant PDFs from any software: One-click PDF creation.
- Combine multiple documents into one PDF: Even from multiple sources.
- Rearrange pages using thumbnail view
- Instant preview: Without having to save and open in Acrobat.
- Security: Encrypt and control access to PDF files:
- Font embedding: All original fonts are displayed, even if the reader does not have them.
- Page insertion and deletion: Delete unwanted content before the PDF is created.
- Send via email: eMail PDFs with one click. Copy PDF to clipboard for pasting into an existing email.
- Drag & Drop: Easy integration with Evernote, Gmail and other cloud based facilities.
- Page insertion and deletion: Allows to delete unwanted material before creating the PDF file. This is especially useful when creating PDFs from long reports, email and web pages.
- Send via email: One mouse click sends PDFs through your default email program. Also copies PDF to clipboard for pasting into existing email.
- AutoSave: Saves entire contents of pdfFactory sessions automatically so you can retrieve previously compiled PDFs.
- Live URL Links: Customize links by line type, thickness and color to open Web pages and email addresses with a click of your mouse.
- Easy server deployment: Click here for information on our Server Edition.
pdfFactory Pro includes all of the features in the standard version plus:
- Create PDFs on letterhead
- Add page numbering, headers, footers, watermarks
- Bookmarks and Table of Contents: Automatically or manually create bookmarks to organize and easily navigate complex documents.
- Create table of contents automatically.
- Convert to grayscale.
- PDF/A archiving.
- Add text notes.
- Fill in forms.
- Crop pages.
- Edit text.
- Add multiple signatures and initials with Notes function
- Combine documents into a single PDF and rearrange them.
- Custom Drivers for specific tasks.
- Text highlight, copy and redact.
- Graphic copy, delete, save.
- Convert text to links.
Changes in pdfFactory 8.21:
- fixed bugs that caused errors with PDF files that use masked or transparent images
- fixed bugs that caused incorrect or missing text with PDF files that use TrueType or OpenType CFF fonts
- fixed a bug that caused a silent crash when opening some PDF files
- fixed a bug that caused incorrect images with PDF files that use JPEG2000 compression
- improved rendering performance with documents that contain very complex line art
- PDF files that use indexed CalRGB bitmaps are now imaged correctly
- Windows 11 is now correctly detected and reported in the PDF Producer string
Changes in pdfFactory 8.20:
- fixed a bug that caused failures when opening PDF files that contain corrupt TrueType fonts
- usability improvements when adding, deleting, or changing items in list controls (e.g. the Jobs list, Notes list, etc)
- performance improvements when working with very large FP or PDF files
Changes in pdfFactory 8.18:
- Fixed bugs when rendering complex layered or masked content
Changes in pdfFactory 8.17:
- Fixed bugs that caused missing or incorrect output when rendering PDF patterns
- Fixed bugs that caused incorrect text spacing when opening PDF files that use CID-keyed fonts
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused invalid PDF files to be created when the Compress option is checked
- Fixed a bug that caused Acrobat Preflight warnings in generated PDF files
Changes in pdfFactory 8.16:
- fixed bugs that caused missing or incorrect text output when opening PDF files
- fixed a crash when opening PDF files that contain CMYK bitmaps using JPEG2000 compression
- the desktop icon is no longer recreated after being deleted
Changes in pdfFactory 8.15:
- fixed a bug that caused failures when printing PDF files that contain corrupt TrueType fonts
- fixed a bug that caused missing output when opening PDF files that use complex transformations
- fixed a bug that caused uneven borders when printing tables from Word
- added support for the /Separation/DeviceGray color space when opening PDF files
Changes in pdfFactory 8.12:
- PDF files that use JPEG2000 or JBIG2 compression are now opened correctly
- fixed a bug that caused pattern brushes to be displayed or printed incorrectly
- fixed a bug that caused pages to be incorrectly sized or cropped when opening PDF files
- fixed a GetFontData bug that sometimes happened when opening PDF files
Changes in pdfFactory 8.11:
- improved Document Properties command (Ctrl+D, Settings\Document Properties, or double-click on a job in the Jobs list)
- fixed various bugs when imaging bitmaps from opened PDF files
- fixed a bug that caused failures when opening very large PDF files
- fixed a bug that caused an “Invalid file format” error when opening some PDF files
- fixed bugs that sometimes caused text in PDF files to be incorrectly spaced, rotated, or italicized
- fixed a bug that sometimes caused failures when opening PDF files that use OpenType CFF fonts with nonstandard encodings
- fixed a bug that prevented 32-bpp bitmaps from printing
- fixed bugs that caused non-complying PDF/A files to be created in some cases
What’s New in pdfFactory Pro 8:
- PDF files can be opened directly without printing
- New colored toolbar which can be resized for use with larger monitors
- Enhanced colors throughout the product
- Improved connection to Outlook
- Improved performance
- Desktop icon for easy opening of PDF and FP files
- Autosave FP file for easy editing over time
- Ability to use the default PDF viewer
- Letterhead can be used as a paper tray
Homepage – https://www.fineprint.com
Workstation Edition works on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11.
Server Edition works on Citrix, Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019, 2022.
Size: 15.7 MB