Windows Media Player 11 is the all-in-one media player developed by Microsoft to provide users with the ability to view multimedia content, both from the Internet and from their hard drive.
You can use WMP to play and organize digital media files on your computer and on the Internet. In addition, you can use the Player to play, rip, and burn CDs; play DVDs and VCDs. Moreover, it allows you to view MPEG and various other types of video content, as well as audio clips.
Windows Media Player 11 also allows you to synchronize your music, videos, and your favorite recorded TV shows to portable devices, such as portable digital audio players, Pocket PCs, and Portable Media Centers.
Windows Media Player 11 offers you unmatched choice and flexibility for your digital media. You can easily manage your libraries of digital music, photos, and video on your computer. Explore a new world of music through the integrated URGE music service. And connect with mobile devices so you can have your digital media collection wherever you want it.
Many of the improvements are due to the redesigned interface, which includes simplified trees, helpful shortcuts on the menus and menu bars, and an advanced and improved media library. There are now Back and Forward buttons, giving Media Player a web-browser feel; a lightning-fast WordWheel search tool for getting through the library; and Xbox 360 support.
Windows Media Player 11 Features:
- WMP 11 has enhanced, user-friendly interface that makes finding the media you want easier than ever. The complicated (and sometimes convoluted) trees that once appeared in the Media Player Library are gone. Now when you select a category from the Library, the content in that category appears off to the right instead of under the category on the left. Finally, no more long album and artist listings that scroll into infinity!
- With the trees gone, Windows Media Player 11 is easier to navigate than any of its predecessors. There aren’t any lines between the trees, album information, or CD cover art. And the default album art view now shows album art and track information in the center of the screen. All of this makes finding the information you want a lot easier.
- Along with enhanced views, the buttons at the top of the interface contain new shortcuts. Some of my favorites include adjusting format and bitrate on the fly for CD ripping, and switching back and forth from audio to data settings for CD burning. With these new shortcuts, you’ll spend more time viewing and listening to your media, and less time managing it.
- Enhanced new playback controls at the bottom of the screen. They’re large and easy to use, and intuitive enough for anyone to easily operate. No more fumbling around trying to click those small controls from the old Media Player.
Some of the unique features are a deeply integrated music library for both online and offline content, a new and improved interface, the ability to connect to additional hardware easily. Also it has the integrated tools for following the process of any task (downloading music, burning CDs, synching music, or streaming video, just to name a few). WMP 11 has a new integrated feel, too – one that makes online, network, and offline content indistinguishable.
Changes in Windows Media Player 11:
- New UI
- Support for better synchronization for portable devices
- Album “stacks” of album art
- Indexed libraries with search-as-you-type features
- User controlled downgrade of quality for DRM content to allow for smaller files
Homepage – https://www.microsoft.com
Size: 24.5 MB
DOWNLOAD Bonus Pack – 18.2 MB
DOWNLOAD WM9 Codecs – 1.35 MB