Media Player Classic Home Cinema is an extremely light-weight media player for Windows. It is a Media Player Classic mod design for homecinema usage and looks just like Windows Media Player 6.4, but has many additional extra features.
Media Player Classic – Home Cinema allows you to enhance, decode and accelerate a broad span of movie formats like x.264 with GPU assisted acceleration and image quality enhancing.
The MPC Home Cinema player does not require many system resources than the rest of the video media players to run smoothly.
This is a low PC resources windows media player that runs on slower machines with older CPUs.
Modern graphics card offer the possibility to decode partially or completely a video stream using DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA), in order to reduce CPU usage dramatically.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema includes an embedded video decoder that uses this technology, to decode x.264, H.264, HEVC and VC-1 with hardly any CPU time required.
Supported Decoding: MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 playback. Media Player Classic is capable of VCD, SVCD and DVD playback, without the need to install any additional software or codecs.
It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3 and DTS audio, and also contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD/SVCD/XCD Reader. A *.mp4 and MPEG-4 Timed Text support added. An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4.
MPC Home Cinema also has H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support, DivX, Xvid, and Flash Video formats is available in MPC HC. MPC can also use the QuickTime and the RealPlayer architectures. Media Player Classic supports native playback of OGM and Matroska container formats.
Supported Video, Audio and Image File Formats: WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT, FLV
Additional Media Player Classic Home Cinema Features:
- Option to remove Tearing.
- Better support for Windows 10, including a release for 64 bits platform.
- Support for EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer)
- Supports Subtitles.
- Playback and recording of television if a supported TV tuner is installed.
- Creation of minidump when MPC HC crashes.
- OSD (On Screen Display)
- Shuttle PN31 remote control support
- Support Multi-Monitor configuration
- Pixel shader to convert BT601 – BT701
- YV12 Chroma Upsampling pixel shader
- Language Translations.
- All features from the Guliverkli MPC Project from Gabest.
- Remote control for Android devices.
Changes/ additions/ improvements:
- ICC color profile is now also applied on coverart
- Added LumaSharpen and Sepia shaders
- Added a shortcut for toggling default subtitle style (see Options > Player > Keys)
- Improved the visual appearance of the volume control in dark theme
- Improved the visual appearance of the transition to full screen (on Windows 8+)
- Fixed slow loading of huge playlist (regression in 1.9.0)
- Fixed autoplay issue with madVR on secondary screen (regression in 1.9.0)
- Fixed large text in option window due to text scaling of Windows 10 (regression in 1.9.0)
- Fixed issue where subtitles could be rendered at a too low resolution after video resize (regression in 1.9.0)
- Fixed a small memory leak with PNG coverart
- Fixed rendering of certain SSA subs that use opaque boxes as background for translated texts
- youtube-dl processing is now skipped when an URL points directly to a media file
Changes in Media Player Classic Home Cinema 1.9.0 – December 29, 2019:
- Updated LAV Filters to v0.74.1-31-ge94f9
- Added a dark theme option for the GUI. You can enable it through: Menu > View > Dark theme
- The dark theme also has a more modern looking seekbar. You can adjust seekbar height in: Options > Advanced
- Added option for vertical alignment of the video. This for example allows you to have a black bar only below the video.
- Added support for playing contents of uncompressed RAR5 archives. Previously only RAR4 was supported.
- Added manual search functionality to the subtitle download results window.
- Improved positioning of PGS subtitles
- Some optimizations for subtitle texture size. This should improve performance on systems with multiple screens. And also reduce GPU memory usage.
- Added column sorting and a search/filter option to the keybindings options page.
- The supported languages of the OpenSubtitles/SubDB subtitle providers are now hardcoded, so the player no longer needs to connect to the Internet each time the subtitle options page is viewed.
- Reloading a stream with CTRL+E will now call youtube-dl again to get a fresh URL.
- Added basic support for MPC Video Renderer (https://github.com/Aleksoid1978/VideoRenderer). What currently works with this new renderer is: Hardware decoding, Subtitles, and Pan&Scan. What not yet works is: OSD, Rotation, and Shaders. That will be added in a future update.
- Crash when detaching a (cloned) monitor during playback.
- D3D exclusive not working anymore when transitioning to fullscreen a second time.
- Restored window size was sometimes wrong due to DPI settings
- Workaround for Intel driver bug where Brightness and Hue values of -100 are unsupported.
Changes in Media Player Classic Home Cinema 1.8.8 – October 3, 2019:
- Updated LAV Filters to v0.74.1-24-g50b3a
- Updated MediaInfo DLL to v19.09
Changes in Media Player Classic Home Cinema 1.8.7 – July 17, 2019:
- Updated LAV Filters to v0.74.1-20-gc76c1
- Updated MediaInfo DLL to v19.04
- Added option for looping folder when playing next/previous file
- Added option for specifying the preferred video format when selecting a stream from Youtube-DL results
- Global Media Keys option is now disabled by default on Windows 10, because Windows sends a Play/Pause event in certain cases (e.g. when notifications appear).
- A few other minor changes
- DVD region code bypass didn’t always work
Homepage – https://mpc-hc.org
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 14.3 MB