Media Player Classic Home Cinema is an extremely light-weight media player for Windows. It is a Media Player Classic mod design for homecinema usage and looks just like Windows Media Player 6.4, but has many additional extra features.
Media Player Classic – Home Cinema allows you to enhance, decode and accelerate a broad span of movie formats like x.264 with GPU assisted acceleration and image quality enhancing.
The MPC Home Cinema player does not require many system resources than the rest of the video media players to run smoothly.
This is a low PC resources windows media player that runs on slower machines with older CPUs.
Modern graphics card offer the possibility to decode partially or completely a video stream using DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA), in order to reduce CPU usage dramatically.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema includes an embedded video decoder that uses this technology, to decode x.264, H.264, HEVC and VC-1 with hardly any CPU time required.
Supported Decoding: MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 playback. Media Player Classic is capable of VCD, SVCD and DVD playback, without the need to install any additional software or codecs.
It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3 and DTS audio, and also contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD/SVCD/XCD Reader. A *.mp4 and MPEG-4 Timed Text support added. An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4.
MPC Home Cinema also has H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support, DivX, Xvid, and Flash Video formats is available in MPC HC. MPC can also use the QuickTime and the RealPlayer architectures. Media Player Classic supports native playback of OGM and Matroska container formats.
Supported Video, Audio and Image File Formats: WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT, FLV
Additional Media Player Classic Home Cinema Features:
- Option to remove Tearing.
- Better support for Windows 10, including a release for 64 bits platform.
- Support for EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer)
- Supports Subtitles.
- Playback and recording of television if a supported TV tuner is installed.
- Creation of minidump when MPC HC crashes.
- OSD (On Screen Display)
- Shuttle PN31 remote control support
- Support Multi-Monitor configuration
- Pixel shader to convert BT601 – BT701
- YV12 Chroma Upsampling pixel shader
- Language Translations.
- All features from the Guliverkli MPC Project from Gabest.
- Remote control for Android devices.
- Some optimizations for the seek preview functionality
- Seek preview now gets hidden when dragging the seekbar
- Renamed “System Default” video renderer to “Video Mixing Renderer 7”. This to prevent people from thinking this ancient renderer is the preferred one. Also changed order of the available renderers to put the recommended ones at the top.
- The player now tries to parse JSON output from youtube-dl even when that has encountered an error. This fixes loading of youtube playlists that contain deleted videos.
- Added a timeout in LAV Splitter code to prevent the player from freezing in case of certain network connection errors during playback of online streams
- Added support for text color tags in WebVTT subtitles
- Subtitle render buffer is now disabled by default. It doesn’t provide any noticeable performance benefit for most users.
- A few other small changes
- Fixed subtitle text encoding bug that caused wrong characters to be displayed (regression in 1.9.9)
- Fixed issue that caused wrong keyframe to be show in seek preview window. Now a seek will go to the same frame as shown in the preview.
- Fixed issue in sub picture buffer implementation that could result in reduced rendering performance for animated subtitles in certain cases
- A few other small fixes
- Updated LAV Filters to 0.74.1-92-g88da5
- Added video preview functionality to the seekbar
You can enable this in: Options > Tweaks
For performance reasons, preview is only shown in case of local file playback. It is disabled for online streams and spinning discs.
To avoid interference with the main video playback, preview does not use hardware accelerated decoding.
Don’t enable preview if you have a slow computer that already struggles with normal video playback.
- Added menu entries and hotkeys for toggling shaders on/off
- Added support for CUE sheets
- Increased default value for number of recent files that is remembered from 20 to 40
- Reduced minimum allow playback rate from 0.125x to 0.05x
- Some seeking improvements. Unprocessed seeks can no longer queue up when seeking is slow.
- The internal audio renderer can now fallback to default audio device if it fails to initialize the output device that is selected in the options
- Fixed some issues with parsing M3U playlists
- Fixed issue with opening online .asx playlist
- Fixed GDI resource leak in dark theme
- Fixed hang with MPC Video Renderer if max subpic texture size was set to VIDEO
- Fixed automatic metadata based rotation with MPC Video Renderer
- Several crash fixes
- Several other small fixes and improvements
Changes in MPC Home Cinema 1.9.8 – October 24, 2020:
- Updated LAV Filters to 0.74.1-75-gb1db4
- Updated MediaInfo DLL to 20.09
- Duplicate hotkeys are now highlighted
- Added support for using Ctrl/Alt/Shift modifiers for mouse actions
- Added new default mouse action for seeking through video: Ctrl + Mouse wheel
- You can customize hotkeys and mouse actions here: Options > Player > Keys
- Improved parsing of (local) M3U playlist files
- Streaming HLS M3U playlists are handled directly by LAV Splitter
- Added new menu entry for changing playback speed: Menu > Play > Playback rate
- Subtitle search on OpenSubtitles now also searches by file name if no match was found for file hash
- Improved DVD region code bypass
- “Launch files in fullscreen” option now only engages fullscreen for video files
- Improved display of URLs in titlebar
- Very long entries in recent file list are now shortened for better menu display
- Added advanced options for displaying the current audio and subtitle language in statusbar
- Improved support for external WebVTT subtitles
- Fixed DVD playback speed and menu issues with internal audio renderer
- Fixed issue where file could still be in use after closing it
- Fixed subtitle search on Podnapisi for Portuguese Brazil language (language code “pob”)
- Fixed rare issue with subtitle queue that could cause flickering/blinking subtitles
- Fixed potential crash when taking screenshots with subtitles included
- Fixed issue where clicking on seekbar could trigger two identical seek actions
- A few other small fixes and improvements
Changes in MPC Home Cinema 1.9.7 – August 1, 2020:
- Updated LAV Filters to 0.74.1-64-g5162c
- Improved drag&drop to better handle subtitle files
- Fixed seeking in WebM files that only have audio cue points and no video cue points
- Fixed wrong parsing of timestamps in certain WebVTT subtitle files
- Several other small (crash) fixes
Changes in Media Player Classic Home Cinema 1.9.6 – June 26, 2020:
- Updated LAV Filters to 0.74.1-60-g9842e
- Assigned Delete as a default key binding for “Move to recycle bin” action
- Added advanced option to configure how often the time in the status bar is updated. Changed default from 40 to 100ms.
- Fixed stability issue when seeking using a remote control app
- Improved loading speed of webvtt subtitle files
- Fixed issue with certain DVD menu transitions when using internal audio renderer
- A few other small fixes
- Added advanced option to disable crash reporter
- Added support for D3D11 shaders when using MPC Video Renderer
- Fixed several (rare) crashes found with the crash reporter
Changes in Media Player Classic Home Cinema 1.9.4 – June 5, 2020:
- Added support for shaders, rotation, and statistics overlay for MPC Video Renderer
- Round down displayed time instead of rounding to nearest second
- Some changes to the player menu so that certain items are only enabled when relevant
- Enabled use of DrDump crash reporter
- Fixed regression in previous version that could break jump to next/previous file
- Fixed handling of 8-bit PCM in internal audio renderer
Changes in Media Player Classic Home Cinema 1.9.3 – May 23, 2020:
- Updated MediaInfo DLL to v20.03
- When changing the video playback rate, external subtitles will now appear at correct time with matching rate. With embedded subtitles that already worked before.
- Improved responsiveness in seeking when dragging seekbar thumb
- Skip to next/previous file now also works after closing a file or when current file fails to play
- Screenshots are now taken at display aspect ratio
- Added option to include subtitles in screenshots
- Added workaround for AMD driver bug to make VP9 hardware acceleration work on compatible AMD GPUs
- Added support for AAC-ADTS audio format in DVB streams
- Fixed regression that broke parsing of .pls playlist files
- Fixed regression with auto-zoom dropdown box value
- Fixed regression with RAR source filter on archives with a single file inside
- Fixed bug that caused artist and title text to be displayed incorrectly on audio CDs
- Fixed a few other small bugs
- Subtitle search/download using OpenSubtitles now requires a login. You can create a free account on opensubtitles.org website. After that, you can configure it here: MPC-HC options > Subtitles > Misc > Right-click on OpenSubtitles > Setup
Changes in Media Player Classic Home Cinema 1.9.2 – March 23, 2020:
- Updated LAV Filters to v0.74.1-34-g1ceac
- Added A-B Repeat functionality. You can set the timeline markers with [ and ] keys.
- Added a 25% zoom shortcut and menu entry
- Added support for reading title information (EXTM3U) from m3u playlist files.
- Added mousewheel tilt left/right support for shortcut settings (Options > Player > Keys)
- Added basic support for external WebVTT subtitles (.vtt). Only simple text formatting is supported. Advanced tags are ignored.
- Significantly improved performance of adding (many) files to the playlist.
- Changed logic of “Auto Fit (larger only)”. Previously it would resize if the video was too large to fit on the screen. Now it always resizes when the video is larger then the specified auto fit factor percentage of the screen size.
- Fixed a few small GUI regressions related to dark theme
- Fixed a few rare crashes
- Fixed coverart not always loading for files with their own external coverart image file
- Improved compatibility of internal audio renderer with DTV playback
- When player is minimized it now stays minimized when adding files to playlist from Explorer
Changes in Media Player Classic Home Cinema 1.9.1 – January 21, 2020:
Changes/ additions/ improvements:
- ICC color profile is now also applied on coverart
- Added LumaSharpen and Sepia shaders
- Added a shortcut for toggling default subtitle style (see Options > Player > Keys)
- Improved the visual appearance of the volume control in dark theme
- Improved the visual appearance of the transition to full screen (on Windows 8+)
- Fixed slow loading of huge playlist (regression in 1.9.0)
- Fixed autoplay issue with madVR on secondary screen (regression in 1.9.0)
- Fixed large text in option window due to text scaling of Windows 10 (regression in 1.9.0)
- Fixed issue where subtitles could be rendered at a too low resolution after video resize (regression in 1.9.0)
- Fixed a small memory leak with PNG coverart
- Fixed rendering of certain SSA subs that use opaque boxes as background for translated texts
- youtube-dl processing is now skipped when an URL points directly to a media file
Changes in Media Player Classic Home Cinema 1.9.0 – December 29, 2019:
- Updated LAV Filters to v0.74.1-31-ge94f9
- Added a dark theme option for the GUI. You can enable it through: Menu > View > Dark theme
- The dark theme also has a more modern looking seekbar. You can adjust seekbar height in: Options > Advanced
- Added option for vertical alignment of the video. This for example allows you to have a black bar only below the video.
- Added support for playing contents of uncompressed RAR5 archives. Previously only RAR4 was supported.
- Added manual search functionality to the subtitle download results window.
- Improved positioning of PGS subtitles
- Some optimizations for subtitle texture size. This should improve performance on systems with multiple screens. And also reduce GPU memory usage.
- Added column sorting and a search/filter option to the keybindings options page.
- The supported languages of the OpenSubtitles/SubDB subtitle providers are now hardcoded, so the player no longer needs to connect to the Internet each time the subtitle options page is viewed.
- Reloading a stream with CTRL+E will now call youtube-dl again to get a fresh URL.
- Added basic support for MPC Video Renderer (https://github.com/Aleksoid1978/VideoRenderer). What currently works with this new renderer is: Hardware decoding, Subtitles, and Pan&Scan. What not yet works is: OSD, Rotation, and Shaders. That will be added in a future update.
- Crash when detaching a (cloned) monitor during playback.
- D3D exclusive not working anymore when transitioning to fullscreen a second time.
- Restored window size was sometimes wrong due to DPI settings
- Workaround for Intel driver bug where Brightness and Hue values of -100 are unsupported.
Changes in Media Player Classic Home Cinema 1.8.8 – October 3, 2019:
- Updated LAV Filters to v0.74.1-24-g50b3a
- Updated MediaInfo DLL to v19.09
Changes in Media Player Classic Home Cinema 1.8.7 – July 17, 2019:
- Updated LAV Filters to v0.74.1-20-gc76c1
- Updated MediaInfo DLL to v19.04
- Added option for looping folder when playing next/previous file
- Added option for specifying the preferred video format when selecting a stream from Youtube-DL results
- Global Media Keys option is now disabled by default on Windows 10, because Windows sends a Play/Pause event in certain cases (e.g. when notifications appear).
- A few other minor changes
- DVD region code bypass didn’t always work
Homepage – https://mpc-hc.org
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 15.3 MB