Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC) is an extremely light-weight media player for Windows. It is a Media Player Classic mod design for homecinema usage and looks just like Windows Media Player 6.4, but has many additional extra features.
Media Player Classic – Home Cinema allows you to enhance, decode and accelerate a broad span of movie formats like x.264 with GPU assisted acceleration and image quality enhancing.
The MPC Home Cinema player does not require many system resources than the rest of the video media players to run smoothly.
This is a low PC resources windows media player that runs on slower machines with older CPUs.
Modern graphics card offer the possibility to decode partially or completely a video stream using DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA), in order to reduce CPU usage dramatically.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema includes an embedded video decoder that uses this technology, to decode x.264, H.264, HEVC and VC-1 with hardly any CPU time required.
Supported Decoding: MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 playback. Media Player Classic is capable of VCD, SVCD and DVD playback, without the need to install any additional software or codecs.
It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3 and DTS audio, and also contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD/SVCD/XCD Reader. A *.mp4 and MPEG-4 Timed Text support added. An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4.
MPC Home Cinema also has H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support, DivX, Xvid, and Flash Video formats is available in MPC HC. MPC can also use the QuickTime and the RealPlayer architectures. Media Player Classic supports native playback of OGM and Matroska container formats.
Supported Video, Audio and Image File Formats: WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT, FLV
Additional Media Player Classic Home Cinema Features:
- Option to remove Tearing.
- Better support for Windows 10, including a release for 64 bits platform.
- Support for EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer)
- Supports Subtitles.
- Playback and recording of television if a supported TV tuner is installed.
- Creation of minidump when MPC HC crashes.
- OSD (On Screen Display)
- Shuttle PN31 remote control support
- Support Multi-Monitor configuration
- Pixel shader to convert BT601 – BT701
- YV12 Chroma Upsampling pixel shader
- Language Translations.
- All features from the Guliverkli MPC Project from Gabest.
- Remote control for Android devices.
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.75.1-19-g80347
- The seekbar thumb now follows the mouse pointer when dragging and only jumps to final seek position after the drag ends. Previously it would jump to the actual (keyframe) seek points during the drag. This could give a jumpy experience for files with large keyframe gaps or short durations.
- Lowered minimum value for seekbar preview size option from 10% to 5% of screen width.
- Added advanced option to disable/adjust the reload after long pause behavior.
- Seekbar preview is now always disabled when playing from optical media.
- Fixed issue with parsing subtitles that have wrong line endings (CR only).
- Fixed issue where an online subtitle file wasn’t parsed completely due to a filesize limitation in the code.
- A few other small fixes and internal optimizations.
Changes in MPC Home Cinema 1.9.17 (2021-11-09):
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.75.1-10-g75744
- Added support for System Media Transport Controls in Windows 8.1/10/11. This displays playback controls for the player when adjusting volume in Windows. You can enable this functionality through: Options > Advanced > UseSMTC
- Some improvements to SaneAR Audio Renderer: It now automatically falls back to shared mode when exclusive mode is enabled but unsupported. Exclusive mode option no longer needs to be enabled for bitstreaming, instead it is used implicitly when bitstreaming.
- Generating a thumbnail sheet is now faster. It now seeks to keyframes as much as possible.
- Added an advanced option to disable automatic pause when locking the screen in Windows.
- You can now use “off” as a value in the subtitle track preference setting. It may follow language codes that you do prefer to use. In that case it will disable subtitles only if no preceding language code has matched.
- Some visual improvements to playlist numbering and title editing.
- Some improvements for subtitle selection and language name display for the rare situation where a language does not have a LCID.
- Some optimizations to the filter graph builder. This should speed up file loading in some situations.
- The player now reloads the video file when resumed after hibernate or very long pause (> 30 min). This is done as a workaround for driver bugs. It will remember playback position and track selection.
- DVB improvement: It now stores the symbol rate for scanned channels.
- Added support for wildcards in filenames in M3U playlists.
- Fixed subtitles being early by a few frames with VMR9 renderer.
- Fixed a subtitle parsing issue for files that contained 4-byte UTF-8 characters (such as emojis). Those are handled properly now.
- Fixed an issue with drag&drop of a folder onto the playlist window.
- Several other small fixes
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.75.1-4-gfaff6
- Updated MediaInfo DLL to v21.09
- Added advanced option to specify location of Youtube-DL executable.
- Added support for yt-dlp.exe (fork of Youtube-DL).
- Added advanced option to display video fourcc and resolution in status bar.
- Added advanced option to display A-B repeat marker values in status bar.
- When saving a favorite you can now also store the AB-repeat markers
- Adjusting subtitle delay now also works with the external VSFilter/XySubFilter subtitle renderers.
- Enabled processing of play/pause command when no media is loaded, but playlist is not empty. This now also allows resuming playback by pressing spacebar or clicking on the video area.
- Clicking mouse middle button on the systray icon now toggles play/pause.
- When the global after playback event is set to “play next file in folder”, the player will now close the current file when no next file is available. This allow the screensaver to activate.
- Added a second WASAPI based internal audio renderer. The existing internal renderer has been renamed to SaneAR (its original name). Don’t ask what the difference is between the two. There is little difference in behavior and functionality.
- Fix for running DVB scan not working in stopped state.
- Several other small fixes.
Changes in MPC Home Cinema 1.9.15 (2021-08-10):
Changes / additions / improvements:
- Seekbar video preview now supports video rotation.
- Manual subtitle search now also works for online streams.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a long delay when opening the File menu with certain optical drives.
- Fixed an issue in the audio stream switcher that could result in a player hang on seek or track change. This happened only when an external audio track was loaded, in combination with the internal audio renderer and madVR.
- Fixed parsing of subtitle files that contain a duplicate UTF BOM in their file header.
- A few other small fixes.
Homepage – https://mpc-hc.org
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 15.9 MB