Mp3tag is a powerful and easy-to-use universal Tag Editor that allows to edit metadata of common audio formats where it supports ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, WMA, Vorbis Comments and APE Tags.
It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words in tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more.
Mp3tag supports online database lookups from, e.g., Amazon, discogs, or freedb, allowing you to automatically gather proper tags and cover art for your music library.
Besides these features Mp3tag offers a variety of other functions and features ranging ranging from batch export of embedded album covers, over support for iTunes-specific tags like media type or TV Show settings, to combining multiple actions into groups that can be applied with a single mouse click.
Mp3tag supports the following audio formats:
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)
- Monkey’s Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes compatible)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- Tom’s Audio Kompressor (tak)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- WavPack (wv)
- Batch Tag Editing Write ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, MP4, WMA, APEv2 Tags and Vorbis Comments to multiple files at once.
- Support for Cover Art Download and add album covers to your files and make your library even more shiny.
- Import from Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz Save typing and import tags from online databases like Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz, and more.
- Replace characters or words Replace strings in tags and filenames (with support for Regular Expressions).
- Create Playlists automatically Create and manage playlists automatically while editing.
- Rename files from tags Rename files based on the tag information and import tags from filenames.
- Export to HTML, RTF, CSV Generate nice reports and lists of your collection based on user-defined templates.
- Full Unicode Support User-interface and tagging are fully Unicode compliant.
Changes in Mp3tag 2.95 (2019-04-18):
- [2019-04-10] FIX: only one cover was supported for Apple MP4 tags (since v2.91a).
- [2019-04-04] FIX: cover-image mimetype was not reported for multiple covers in Nero MP4 tags.
- [2019-04-03] LNG: updated Catalan, Hebrew and Norwegian translations.
- [2019-04-02] NEW: added option to toggle file list columns via context menu on column header.
- [2019-03-26] NEW: added support for nested action menus via # menu delimiter in action name.
- [2019-03-22] LNG: fixed encoding issues in the Polish installer.
- [2019-03-21] FIX: possible size inflation for MP4 files with garbage at end of file (e.g., ID3v1 tags).
- [2019-03-16] FIX: tag sources dialog used temporary fields from web sources in some cases.
- [2019-03-16] CHG: added option to use current input as JSON input at web sources framework.
- [2019-03-16] CHG: object name is current output if json_select_object was successful at web sources framework.
- [2019-03-15] NEW: added support for Discogs subtracks.
- [2019-03-14] FIX: perfomance issue when writing large custom ID3v2 tag fields.
- [2019-03-14] FIX: audio length of MP3s with Info header was wrong in some cases.
- [2019-03-13] CHG: improved visibility of current selection focus for filtered file lists.
- [2019-03-12] FIX: file list selection mark was on wrong file in certain cases when auto-saving tags was enabled.
- [2019-03-11] FIX: default value was not disabled when selecting _SEPARATOR as field on Tag Panel configuration.
- [2019-03-09] FIX: multiple _SEPARATOR fields on the Tag Panel were not preserved (since v2.93a).
- [2019-03-08] FIX: runtime error when parsing certain invalid ID3v2 TCON frames.
- [2019-03-07] FIX: creation of files and folders with reserved names (from the DOS-aera) was still possible under certain conditions.
- [2019-03-06] LNG: added Tamil translation.
Homepage – https://mp3tag.de
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).