Mp3tag is a powerful and easy-to-use universal Tag Editor that allows to edit metadata of common audio formats where it supports ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, WMA, Vorbis Comments and APE Tags.
It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words in tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more.
Mp3tag supports online database lookups from, e.g., Amazon, discogs, or freedb, allowing you to automatically gather proper tags and cover art for your music library.
Besides these features Mp3tag offers a variety of other functions and features ranging ranging from batch export of embedded album covers, over support for iTunes-specific tags like media type or TV Show settings, to combining multiple actions into groups that can be applied with a single mouse click.
Mp3tag supports the following audio formats:
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)
- Monkey’s Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes compatible)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- Tom’s Audio Kompressor (tak)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- WavPack (wv)
- Batch Tag Editing Write ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, MP4, WMA, APEv2 Tags and Vorbis Comments to multiple files at once.
- Support for Cover Art Download and add album covers to your files and make your library even more shiny.
- Import from Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz Save typing and import tags from online databases like Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz, and more.
- Replace characters or words Replace strings in tags and filenames (with support for Regular Expressions).
- Create Playlists automatically Create and manage playlists automatically while editing.
- Rename files from tags Rename files based on the tag information and import tags from filenames.
- Export to HTML, RTF, CSV Generate nice reports and lists of your collection based on user-defined templates.
- Full Unicode Support User-interface and tagging are fully Unicode compliant.
Changes in Mp3tag 2.99a (2019-10-19):
- FIX: hotfix for occasional runtime error when right-clicking cover art window (since v2.99).
Changes in Mp3tag 2.99 (2019-10-18):
- FIX: MusicBrainz tag source stopped working after changes in server response format.
- FIX: occasional runtime error when adding cover art via drag’n’drop.
- FIX: filter view stayed disabled after exporting tags (since v2.97b).
- FIX: focus was sometimes not correctly set to next file when deleting files from a filtered file list.
- FIX: removing cover descriptions for multiple different covers had no effect.
- FIX: querying via Discogs Release ID stopped working in [r1234567] format (as available on the Discogs website) (since v2.97b).
- CHG: updated documentation to cover latest changes in web sources framework.
Changes in Mp3tag 2.98 (2019-09-20):
- NEW: added Discogs tag source for search via artist and album.
- NEW: added Discogs tag source for search via artist and title.
- NEW: added Discogs tag source for search via artist and year.
- NEW: added Discogs cover-only tag source for search via artist and album.
- NEW: added Discogs cover-only tag source for search via artist and title.
- NEW: added Discogs cover-only tag source for search via artist and year.
- NEW: added support for including files from tag sources to reuse common parts.
- NEW: added support for multi-field search for tag sources.
- NEW: added support for more descriptive SearchBy parameters for tag sources.
- CHG: placeholders %_cover_height% and %_cover_width% were not mentioned in documentation.
- FIX: undefined application state when changing filter while writing changes to files.
- FIX: files without extension were added to file list if loaded via Explorer shell extension.
- FIX: error when copying cover art with invalid unset mimetype to clipboard.
- FIX: accidentally switched positions of cover save and cover remove buttons at extended tag dialog (since v2.96b).
- FIX: file version info still showed 126.96.36.199 and v2.96b.
Homepage – https://mp3tag.de
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).