FL Studio 20 is a fully featured, open-architecture music creation and production environment for PC. It features a graphical user interface which is based on a music sequencer.
This digital audio workstation has everything you need in one package to compose, arrange, record, edit, mix and master professional quality music.
FL Studio 20 is the fastest way from your brain to your speakers. No extra software is required to produce any style of music, because a complete kit of instruments and studio tools is included in the cost of the package.
With the included plugins, sounds and tools the user can create complete songs, backing tracks, loops or sizzling beats. The software offers VST (Virtual Studio Technology) which makes it compatible with other workstations.
One can use… it as a remote control and to transfer data across digital audio programs. FL Studio 20 comes with a wide array of slick generators. Such as drum machines and samplers. It also comes with several plug-ins. Most of which function independently as standalone programs.
FL Studio 20 will play any sample file (wav), generator (softsynth), VSTi and DXi) or midi instrument you feed it. You will be creating wav, mp3 or midi songs or loops only minutes after launching it.
What can FL Studio 20 do:
- Audio editing and manipulation. Includes pitch correction, pitch shifting, harmonization, time-stretching, beat-detection and slicing, audio warping and standard audio manipulation (cut/paste etc).
- Automate most interface and all plugin parameters by recording, drawing, spline-based automation curves, automation generators with formula based control of links.
- Live music performance including video effect visualization.
- Mix and remix audio including apply realtime audio effects including delay, reverb and filtering.
- Multi-track audio recording.
- Record and play MIDI input recording from keyboards, drum pads and controllers.
- Sequencing and arranging.
- Synthesizer and effect plugin hosting (VST 32-bit and 64-bit, DX and FL Native format)
You can use FL Studio 20 as a scratchpad for your ideas or to produce completely mastered tracks ready for publication. The distinguishing aspect of this program is its pattern-based workflow. The lower part of the sequencing window contains block patterns of notes while the upper part contains clips that hold notes, data and events. For this reason, you can use it in electronic genres to create various effects.
Another distinguishing feature is the score logger which maintains a 3-minute buffer between all incoming MIDI notes. A filter enables the user to selectively record note, automation and audio data.
It is available in three different versions. The developer offers lifetime free updates. It means that customers may download future releases.
- Distortion & Amp simulation – Distructor aggregates the most popular Distortion and Filter effects into a single multi-FX guitar-pedal inspired plugin.
- Time warping – NewTime time-warping editor with audio quantization and groove shuffling is included with Producer Edition and up.
- Control Voltage support – Fruity Voltage Controller interfaces with external Control Voltage (CV) hardware using a DC coupled Audio Interface. Included with Fruity Edition and up.
- Convert Playlist tracks to audio – The Export all playlist tracks sequentially renders each playlist track to an audio file. Selecting ‘Enable master effects’ will include the Master Mixer track effects on all the audio files. See the ‘FILE > Export > All playlist tracks’ and ‘Playlist Menu > Tools > Export all playlist tracks’.
- SoundCloud export – Audio Export now includes ‘Upload to cloud’ option to render song to your SoundCloud account. Check SoundCloud’s ‘For Creators’ page to connect with fellow creators or reach future fans wherever they’re listening.
- Stepsequencer Euclidean rhythms – Advanced Fill Tool to explore Euclidean rhythms and new ways to get creative and break habitual beat making.
- Internal MIDI capture – Burn MIDI to (Channel Button Right-click Menu) option records notes from the Channel’s Arpeggiator, note effects or plugins that generate MIDI.
- Audio Clips – The Audio Clip (menu) > ‘Make unique as sample‘ popup now has ‘Don’t show this again‘ option.
- Automation Clips – Access to Articulator Settings from the Automation Clip’s menu.
- Granular synthesis – Fruity Granulizer now has a sample display, play-head and sample-start visualizations to improve plugin intuitiveness.
- DirectWave – Now supports FLAC for the Monolithic save format.
- Edison (audio editor) – Added an option to change the sample filename in the Sampler Properties dialog.
- FL Studio Mobile – Now has multi-output capability. From the FL Studio Mobile Rack choose the FL Studio Mixer destinations.
- FLEX – Added modulation speed for the reverb-time. Added indication of available updates for installed packs (orange notice in info-bar). Now shows a message when a preset can’t be opened.
- Vocodex – Added option to use draft mode when rendering.
- MIDI Out transport filter – New ‘Transport flush options‘ menu to manage the data/commands FL Studio sends when transport buttons are clicked (Play or Stop). The menu is located lower right on the plugin.
- Manage startup project – General Settings option to start with an empty project, Default template or Last used project. The ‘Theme’ selector from General settings has been replaced with a ‘Silent startup‘ check box. When opening a project any missing packs are shown in the missing data window in FL Studio.
- CPU management – The Wrapper processing includes an ‘Allow smart disable’ option to bypass ‘Smart disable’ for specific plugins that is remembered for future instances of the plugin.
- Default colors – Color Selectors now include ‘Default color’ setting for the Playlist, Piano roll, Event Editor and all other components. See the lowest cell on the left column marked ‘D’.
- Convolver & Slicex – Removed KB input buttons from window. Function now accessed from the Typing Keyboard Priority control on the Wrapper title bar.
- Performance Monitor – The FL Studio performance monitor now has a ‘Reset on transport‘ check box.
- Manage dialog popups – General Settings ‘Manage warning messages‘ option for popup dialogs that display the ‘don’t show this in the future’ option.
- Help Menu – You can now open the What’s New text file from the .
- Auto-update license – If your license is about to expire FL Studio will show a message including a button to update it that opens the ‘HELP > About’ window to enter your account login details to unlock FL Studio.
Changes in FL Studio 20.5.1:
- Plugin Manager – Now shows a prompt when the user wants to close the window during a plugin scan.
- User data – When changing the user data location, FL Studio will offer to copy data from the old to the new location
- FLEX – Clicking the Pack name will focus the selected preset in the right-list. The ‘Online packs’ section split into ‘For Download’ (for free and purchased packs) and ‘Store’ (for unpurchased packs). Improved errors when downloads fail. Various bugfixes (solving Access Violations/Crashes).
- Sytrus presets – 64 free presets by Synthwave FLEX library developer Saif Sameer.
- Wrapper – Added option to allow dropping files on VST and VST3 plugins.
- ZGE Visualizer – New button to reload images.
- New demo project – Musata ‘Real Bass (Original Mix)’ (see video above).
- General settings – ‘Associate project files’ was removed from FL Studio for macOS as it only applies to the Windows version.
- Menu shortcuts – FL Studio for macOS now shows (Opt) instead of (Alt) for keyboard shortcuts.
Homepage – https://www.image-line.com/flstudio/
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 10 or later
- macOS: 10.11 or later
Size: 871 MB