FL Studio 20 is a fully featured, open-architecture music creation and production environment for PC. It features a graphical user interface which is based on a music sequencer.
This digital audio workstation has everything you need in one package to compose, arrange, record, edit, mix and master professional quality music.
FL Studio 20 is the fastest way from your brain to your speakers. No extra software is required to produce any style of music, because a complete kit of instruments and studio tools is included in the cost of the package.
With the included plugins, sounds and tools the user can create complete songs, backing tracks, loops or sizzling beats. The software offers VST (Virtual Studio Technology) which makes it compatible with other workstations.
One can use… it as a remote control and to transfer data across digital audio programs. FL Studio 20 comes with a wide array of slick generators. Such as drum machines and samplers. It also comes with several plug-ins. Most of which function independently as standalone programs.
FL Studio 20 will play any sample file (wav), generator (softsynth), VSTi and DXi) or midi instrument you feed it. You will be creating wav, mp3 or midi songs or loops only minutes after launching it.
What can FL Studio 20 do:
- Audio editing and manipulation. Includes pitch correction, pitch shifting, harmonization, time-stretching, beat-detection and slicing, audio warping and standard audio manipulation (cut/paste etc).
- Automate most interface and all plugin parameters by recording, drawing, spline-based automation curves, automation generators with formula based control of links.
- Live music performance including video effect visualization.
- Mix and remix audio including apply realtime audio effects including delay, reverb and filtering.
- Multi-track audio recording.
- Record and play MIDI input recording from keyboards, drum pads and controllers.
- Sequencing and arranging.
- Synthesizer and effect plugin hosting (VST 32-bit and 64-bit, DX and FL Native format)
You can use FL Studio 20 as a scratchpad for your ideas or to produce completely mastered tracks ready for publication. The distinguishing aspect of this program is its pattern-based workflow. The lower part of the sequencing window contains block patterns of notes while the upper part contains clips that hold notes, data and events. For this reason, you can use it in electronic genres to create various effects.
Another distinguishing feature is the score logger which maintains a 3-minute buffer between all incoming MIDI notes. A filter enables the user to selectively record note, automation and audio data.
It is available in three different versions. The developer offers lifetime free updates. It means that customers may download future releases.
What’s New in FL Studio 20.9.0:
- Automation clip editor does not show the playback cursor in the correct location
- Channel rack switches to wrong filter group when a channel is deleted
- Cloned playlist tracks do not copy the mute status of the source track
- Graphical glitches in the automation clip editor
- LFO checkbox in automation clip’s channel settings is not scaled
- News panel glitches while opening if the news was disabled
- Point menu in automation editor shows delete option when only 2 points exist
- Resetting a curve when for multiple points in an envelope results in unexpected behaviour
- The playlist track mute button is too wide
- The scrollbar is not resized properly when disabling LFO in the automation clip editor
- The tension handle can’t be seen when an envelope point is set to the ‘Wave’ or ‘Pulse’ type
- Two finger scrolling in the playlist and piano roll behaves weirdly
- ‘Unassign from audio track’ menu item is enabled for mixer tracks linked to an instrument track
- Edison, SliceX, Convolver: envelopes allow the right-most point to be moved
What’s New in FL Studio 20.8.4:
- Apple Silicon Support – Native ARM code support for Apple Silicon (M1 and related CPUs). Please also note a limitation of all DAWs supporting Apple Silicon VST Plugins must also have native silicon support.
- Frequency Shifter – Special effect to create metallic, dissonant, ring modulation and phasing effects. Included free with Producer Edition and up.
- Visualizer (ZGE) – New video scrubbing/jumping capability for VJ style effects.
- 3x Osc – New, optional, high quality anti-aliasing to oscillators to improve the fidelity of sounds with high frequency content.
What’s New in FL Studio 20.8.3:
- Added buttons to copy gradient colors in the color selector.
- Use new open and save dialogs everywhere in the program itself.
- ZGE Visualizer -added warning when exporting uncompressed video files.
- ZGE Visualizer – use new open and save dialogs.
- 10998 Automation of the mix level knob for effect slots is compensated by the wrong latency value
- 11031 Envelope editors don’t show hints when the mouse cursor is moved over them
- 10974 Linked controls are updated in increments of 2 instead of 1 for the Fire controller
- 10913 Env Editor: hints do not follow FL hints rules
- 10654 Crash with audio loop recording in FL 20.8.1
- 10263 Gradient editor in colour selector gets wrong colour for defaults
- 11011 It’s not possible to select an empty filter group in the Channel Rack
- 9032 Note color in the piano roll is different when the color dialog is opened and accepted
- 10246 ‘Render all playlist tracks’ (and track groups) doesn’t render from the song start
- 11038 Render to DWP file holds a lock on the resulting file so it can’t be deleted
- 11004 Some colors can’t be selected in the color dialog if the ‘safe colors’ option is enabled
- 10970 The audio clip list in the Picker Panel is not updated after rendering the pattern
- 11006 The same size is shown in the render window when trying to render a 24 bit or 32 bit wave file
- 11016 The selected Channel Rack filter group is not remembered
- 10984 DirectWave: the about screen doesn’t display a waveform at 200% scaling
- 11040 Distructor: incorrect value shown in the control popup menu when used in Patcher
- 10941 DrumSynth Live: incorrect hint for the OSC 2 envelope shape
- 11008 DX10: the sound is different in version 20.8.2 compared to earlier versions
- 590 Edison: plugin window doesn’t snap to edges when resizing
- 11047 Edison: metadata is not saved to wave file
- 10937 FPC: the pad popup menu affects the selected pad instead of the one that was clicked on
- 10935 FPC: no hint shown for pads
- 11033 GMS: the preset list doesn’t have a scroll bar
- 10983 Maximus: inconsistent selector types for the Time smoothing option in the Options menu
- 10994 Maxx plugins: visual glitches when using 300% legacy scaling
- 11018 Slicex: trigger notes are not saved
- 11001 Stereo Shaper: some visuals are misaligned
- 11057 Wrapper: the sidechain menu treats entries that start with ‘-‘ as a caption
- 10925 Delay 3: crash when tweaking controls
- 10940 The Detached option is enabled for plugins that can’t be attached but have to remain detached.
- 10258 Various visual bugs related to using multiple screens
What’s New in FL Studio 20.8.2:
- Apple Silicon – FL Studio runs on Apple Silicon (M1) CPUs with improved performance under Rosetta 2.
- Parametric EQ 2 – Added note snap values to the Frequency knob popups (matches Band Tokens).
- ZGE Visualizer – New ‘Use final (post master) audio‘ option so the Master Audio can be used with a video exported from a ZGE Visualizer loaded on any Mixer Track and FX slot.
- FPC – Pads can now be cloned by (Click-and-drag) from one Pad to another.
- 3x OSC – Added context aware type-in value support.
- Control Surface / Patcher – Added ‘Scrollbar color’ property for the Keyboard Control.
- FL Keys – Added context aware type-in value support.
- FL Studio Mobile – Updated to Version 3.5 including improved Sampler a new Gate plugin and more.
- Instrument Tuner – Response time has been changed from a switch to a continuous knob with more precision to better detect the tune of short samples, like 808-stye bass kicks.
- Channel Settings – Time stretching panel now shows what stretch mode is used (below the Mode menu) when Auto is in use.
- Playlist – Picker Panel > (Right-Click) Clip/s > Ungroup selected. Ungroups selected Patterns from the current Group filter in the Picker Panel.
- Channel Preview Keyboards – Added Note OFF velocity support based on vertical position when the mouse is released.
- General Settings > Language – FL Studio will show a warning message on exit if the user changed the language.
- File size warning – Improved the project size warning dialog to be clearer about file types and their sizes.
- MIDI scripting – Added: Next and Previous preset selection functions in plugin module. device.getLinkedValueString function. device.getLinkedParamName function, device.getLinkedValueString function. Some plugins can now show values for their parameters as text feedback to MIDI cntrollers with displays. Plugins include the Keyboard Controller, DX10, DrumSynth Live, Fruit Kick and Plucked!.
- Piano roll – Looped Ghost Notes are on shown over notes that cross the Loop Marker point.
- Transport Controls – (Right-Click) the Pat/Song Switches to open the Channel Rack or the Playlist respectively.
Homepage – https://www.image-line.com/flstudio/
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 8.1, 10, 11 or later
- macOS: 10.13.6 or later
Size: 888 MB