Balabolka is a Text-To-Speech (TTS) program. All computer voices installed on your system are available to Balabolka.
The program can read the clipboard content, view the text from CHM, DjVu, DOC, EPUB, FB2, HTML, ODT, PDF and RTF files. Also it can customize font and background colour, control reading from the system tray or by the global hotkeys.
Balabolka uses various versions of Microsoft Speech API (SAPI). It allows to alter a voice’s parameters, including rate and pitch.
The user can apply a special substitution list to improve the quality of the voice’s articulation. This feature is useful when you want to change the spelling of words. The rules for the pronunciation correction use the syntax of regular expressions.
Balabolka can save the synchronized text in external LRC files or in MP3 tags inside the audio files. When you play an audio file with players on a computer or on modern digital audio players, the text is displayed synchronously. At the same way, as lyrics for songs. The on-screen text you can save as a WAV, MP3, MP4, OGG or WMA file.
Supported Languages: English, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian
Changes in Balabolka 188.8.131.521 (2019-11-21):
- Small improvements.
- Resources for Bulgarian and Hungarian languages were updated (thanks to Kostadin Kolev and Zoltan Magyar).
Changes in Balabolka 184.108.40.2060 (2019-11-16):
- Added the options to insert text into notes when the application extracts data from DOCX, FB2, FB3 and ODT files (the window “Text Import”, the tab “Text Extracting”).
- Resources for German language were updated (thanks to Regine Müller).
Changes in Balabolka 220.127.116.119 (2019-11-09):
- Small improvements.
- Resources for Korean and Spanish languages were updated (thanks to Park Sung-Wan and Fernando Gregoire).
Changes in Balabolka 18.104.22.1688 (2019-11-02):
- The list of available voices was updated for Yandex SpeechKit.
- Resources for French language were updated (thanks to Michel Such).
Changes in Balabolka 22.214.171.1247 (2019-10-29):
- If text was modified, a marker is added to the file name in the window caption.
- Fixed the text formating.
- Resources for Bulgarian language were updated (thanks to Kostadin Kolev).
Changes in Balabolka 126.96.36.1996 (2019-10-27):
- The named bookmark window allows to select and delete more than one bookmark.
- Fixed the updating of a named bookmark position when text is modified.
- Fixed the support of high contrast modes in the operating system.
Changes in Balabolka 188.8.131.525 (2019-10-11):
- Fixed small bugs.
- Resources for Bulgarian and Chinese (Simplified) languages were updated (thanks to Kostadin Kolev and Anan).
Changes in Balabolka 184.108.40.2064 (2019-10-05):
- Fixed the “Undo” operation in the main window.
- The LAME encoder was updated.
- Resources for Bulgarian, Hungarian, Spanish and Turkish languages were updated (thanks to Kostadin Kolev, Zoltan Magyar, Fernando Gregoire and Çağrı Doğan).
Homepage – http://balabolka.site/balabolka.htm
Supported Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10.