Adobe RoboHelp 2020 release empowers you to deliver engaging help and policy content across mobile devices, formats, and platforms. Publish content as mobile apps, or in HTML5, EPUB 3, KF8, and MOBI. Help users find relevant content faster with dynamic content filters. Work more productively with a ribbon UI.
This Adobe software allows you easily create personalized help experiences. Use new dynamic content filters to generate enhanced DUCC output, see how filtered content will look, and help users find relevant content faster.
Adobe RoboHelp 2020 lets you create and deliver content for any device. Do more with several authoring productivity enhancements. Create next-generation Responsive HTML5 layouts with best-in class search. Generate content-centric mobile apps.
Adobe RoboHelp 2020 Features:
Reimagine content creation
- Reimagined user interface. Boost productivity with web-based technologies that make your workspace lighter and faster.
- HTML5 and CSS3 authoring support. Create highly immersive content experiences with out-of-the-box HTML5 and CSS3 authoring support. Easily add videos, audio, images, text effects and other elements.
- Enrich content with Scalable Vector Graphics. Now import and use great-looking visuals that look super sharp across mobile, web and print with SVG support.
- Enhanced Object Properties dialog. Adjust object properties with optimal accuracy and unprecedented ease as they transform in real time with every change.
- Switch between multiple views. Quickly see a preview of your content output or its HTML by switching between author, code and preview views.
- Global style management control. Quickly switch all inline styles in the authoring view on or off via a central control as a global preference.
- Style mirroring. Easily copy formatting and apply the inline or CSS based style to text anywhere else in the topic or its content.
- Conditional content usage. Easily create rules and apply them to a topic, paragraph or word using the new conditional text panel. Now specify the foreground and background colors of conditions, making them easier to manage.
- Cleaner project structure. Easily locate assets with a cleaner and more organized project and output structure.
- Powerful project management. Easily organize and use assets within and across projects with the new Project Manager.
- Real-time CSS editor. Create stunning layouts with a powerful CSS editor. Intuitively make changes by seeing how it reflects on the content in real-time.
- Smoother import of Microsoft Word files. Easily import Microsoft Word files into RoboHelp with optimized handling of images and styles.
Any device, format or platform. Discover limitless publishing.
- ENHANCED! All-new skin editor. Give templates a unique look and feel with the powerful and easy-to-use skin editor. All-new default skins give existing templates a refreshing look.
- ENHANCED! Optimized search engine. Deliver best-in-class search results to end users with an enhanced search engine powered by a new algorithm and highlighting of the searched word.
- NEW! Search autocorrect. Enhance the end user search experience with automatic identification of mistyped search queries using fuzzy logic to display relevant results based on the closest match.
- Multiformat publishing. Instantly publish content to a wide range of popular output formats – Responsive HTML5, PDF, Microsoft Help (CHM), WebHelp, Mobile App and more.
- Next-generation Responsive HTML5 layouts. Deliver personalized content experiences with new frameless Responsive HTML5 layouts that provide intuitive navigation and best-in-class search. Easily show or hide widgets such as glossary and TOC.
- Greater content accessibility. Deliver content to accommodate your users’ special needs. The Section 508 compliant HTML5 layouts let you create content that is accessible to all users.
- Optimized HTML5 output. Experience as much as a 50% reduction in loading time, a file size savings of about 20KB per topic, and smoother transitions between pages with faster, more responsive HTML5 output.
- Dynamic Content Filters. Deliver more relevant and highly personalized content experiences with Dynamic Content Filters.
- Ability to add thumbnails. Publish and view images as thumbnails that expand on clicking, making it easier to render and view content on mobile devices.
- Single-click Mobile App generation. Easily generate content-centric mobile apps for iOS and Android with one click.
- Favorites in Responsive HTML5 layouts. Provide users the option to mark topics as favorites in Responsive HTML5 layouts, saving them time and effort to locate frequently used content.
Infinite possibilities to collaborate smarter and faster
- Git support. Empower team members with the ability to collaborate on projects of any size with speed and efficiency.
- SharePoint Online support. Ensure everyone stays on the same page by enabling sharing and collaboration across your organization with SharePoint Online.
- Connect with any source control. Work with any source control by building customizations using a new plug-and-play architecture.
- When downloading any report, columns are displayed based on the selection made, but data in the columns overlap to the next column in row. (Bug ID: 10613)
- Numbering restart does not work for a single topic PDF when autonumbering is applied to any paragraph. The number sequence continues from the previous list. (Bug ID: 10509)
- Calling Context Sensitive Help (CSH) in a responsive HTML5 output opens the help topic in a new window, and a delay is observed in displaying the relevant help content. (Bug ID: 10627)
- Single Sign On (SSO) for publishing profiles results in a blank screen if a second instance of RoboHelp 2020 is launched. In such cases, the SSO fails for all subsequent instances. (Bug ID:10669)
- If you enter a search term in any non-English merged project, no results appear for the searched term. The search function fails for Responsive HTML5 output only. (Bug ID: 10573)
- Contents panel search field queries using special characters such as “;” and “)” displays an “Application Error” message in the Author view. (Bug ID: 10700)
- In an output, if a topic contains dropdowns including the search phrase, dropdown titles disappear when you collapse or expand them. When the topic is displayed, it combines information from different sections under missing or incorrect topic titles. (Bug ID: 9973, 10602)
- There are a few intermittent performance issues where RoboHelp behaves unexpectedly. When you click the Options or the File menu, nothing happens. (Bug ID: 10802)
- A potential security issue is identified where the Responsive HTML5 output generated using RoboHelp 2020 is vulnerable to inline script injection. (Bug ID: 10181)
- An XSS vulnerability that could potentially lead to injection of malicious scripts and compromise confidential data. (Bug ID: 10674)
Changes in Adobe RoboHelp 2020 Update 7:
- When any additional space between text is removed, it gets saved as a non-breaking space ( ). This non-breaking space causes unnecessary line breaks in the output, interrupting the workflow.
- When adding a glossary term, if there is any hyperlink existing with the same glossary term name, then the hyperlink is removed, and the phrase gets converted to a glossary term.
- When a project is upgraded/imported from RoboHelp Classic (2019 release) to RoboHelp 2020, formatting styles applied to nested tables are lost.
- When applying the Advanced Formatting option to list styles, it does not apply to previous levels of number formatting (such as 1.1) unless all levels are re-enabled.
- Unchecking the Advanced Formatting option in Update 7, removes Number/Bullet Format, Indent, Prefix Width, Spacing, and any applied style across all levels, reverting to the default.
- Using the print icon in a Frameless output, displays a print preview with inconsistent CSS styles and blank pages.
- Topics with the “See Also” data have missing captions for the related information in the generated XLIFF files.
- During manual translation, language servers processing the generated XLIFF files report errors.
- Empty tags, such as <br>, <img>, <link>, gets removed during XLIFF file generation process. This led to formatting loss during translation.
- The generated PDF output of a TOC book contains missing chapter titles and page numbers for root level topics. (Bug ID: 10272)
- Although a PDF/Word output preset is set to Include Expanding Text content, glossary terms appear without the expanded definition. (Bug ID: 10283)
- CSS styles applied to table cells are not correctly rendered in Word output, despite being visible in Author/Preview mode. (Bug ID: 10295)
- Styles applied to inline and nested block level <p> tags are not getting applied in Word output. (Bug ID: 10296)
- The Numbering format appears incorrectly for nested level bulleted and numbered list styles in Word output. (Bug ID: 10297)
- Any project that contains straight quotes in the heading and title sections does not generate Word output. (Bug ID: 10339)
- Any space that exists between two consecutive spans within a block element <p> appears in Word output without a space for the span text.
- In a responsive output, the ShowTopicInContext label is a mouse-clickable link only. This makes it inaccessible via the keyboard, failing to utilize the accessibility support.
- Search terms enclosed within quotes yields no result in a merged output. This happens even if the search term had an exact match.
- When multiple topics are selected, the map numbers assigned for calling context-sensitive help gets duplicated.
- Bookmarks in a browse sequence are skipped during browse sequence navigation. Clicking previous or next buttons does not navigate to the bookmarks present in a topic. (Bug ID: 10148)
- Access to online context-sensitive help redirects to the first help page, which then loads the TOC before proceeding to the actual help topic.
Homepage – https://www.adobe.com/products/robohelp.html
- Core i3 or faster processor
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1, or 10
- 4 GB of RAM or more is recommended
- 3 GB of hard-disk space is required for installation; additional space is required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)
- 64-bit CPU and operating system
- Microsoft Word 2016, 2013, 2010
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (2015 release), Pro 2017
- Adobe Captivate 2019
- Microsoft SharePoint Online