PotPlayer is a comprehensive freeware video and audio player, that also supports TV channels, subtitles and skins. Done by the same Korean author as The KMPlayer.
It works w/madVR/HR/EVR and Reclock of course… it’s a much improved/faster version of KMPlayer, including ffdshow and some other stuff to connect to a Korean-only video/chat network.
Plenty of features and rich customization. It gives its users great control over its functions. That allows modification of the video speed, adjusting the audio volume, decrease or increase contrast and brightness.
Also, several skins are available so that users can match the appearance of their video player to the theme of their OS. Player contains internal codecs and there is no need to install codecs manually.
PotPlayer supports seamless playback (up to 1000 – AVI/ WMV/ MKV/ MPG files at once, mixed containers are allowed), auto-resume on the last 200 opened files. Also it has fully configurable XML skin files and also a D3D exclusive mode. Other key features include WebCam/ Analog/ Digital TV devices support, gapless video Playback, DXVA, live broadcasting.
PotPlayer supports almost every available video formats out there (such as AVI, WMV, ASF, MPEG, M2V, MTS, DPG, WebM, AMV or DivX) formats. Also supports a wide range of audio formats (including, but not limited to WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, M4A, AAC, RA, FLAC and MOD), and recognizes several playlist formats (like M3U, ASX, PLS, WVX or CUE).
Supports Various Subtitle Formats: Text subtitles (SMI and SRT), DVD (Vobsub) and Blu-ray subtitles, ASS/SSA animation and SMI Ruby tags, etc.
More Advanced Features of Daum PotPlayer:
- Smooth, seamless video play.
- Choose which one when you have 2 sound cards.
- Preview the scene with snapshots.
- You can bookmark your favorite scene or chapter.
- Support Direct3D9 Ex Flip Mode and Overlay.
- Supports various devices such as DVD, TV, HDTV.
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 220706 (1.7.21755):
- Added the ability to save translation when saving subtitles
- Added SDR <-> HDR conversion function to H/W HDR function
- Added the ability to play pes files
- Added HEVC 420P12, 422P10, 422P12, 444P8, 444P10, 444P10 DXVA features (Intel only)
- Added the ability to exclude the download if the subtitle download contains a certain string
- Fixed a problem that was captured strangely when capturing a video with rotation applied in a specific video
- Fixed an error that occurred when playing certain videos
- Fixed a problem that certain menu items were not registered in shortcut keys
- Fixed a problem that certain subtitles did not appear
- Fixed a problem that black screen appeared when playing av1 with dxva copyback
- Fixed an issue where random playback did not occur on first playback
- Improved processing speed of internal color space
- Fixed an issue that caused slow navigation with DXVA copyback
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 220420 (1.7.21626):
- Added FTP/WebDAV file deletion function
- Added the ability to play while downloading from a network driver
- Fixed an issue where certain FLAC files could not be played
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 220302 (1.7.21612):
- Added the ability to load external chapters in txt format
- Improved handling of hiding mouse cursors
- Fixed an issue where the folder monitoring function in the playlist did not work
- Fixed the subtitle times being combined when they overlaped
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 220106 (1.7.21589):
- Fixed an issue where skin UI did not appear in certain situations on the full screen
- Fixed AAC/MP3 navigation to move more accurately
- Fixed the navigation speed to work faster when playing HTTP streams
- Fixed an issue where playback finished when navigating certain MP4
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 211118 (1.7.21563):
- Added the ability to fill other monitors black in full screen
- Added the ability to delay the end of a section iteration when repeating an interval
- Fixed an issue that no sound while playing certain MPEG TS files
- Fixed an issue where audio capture was not available in certain situations
- Fixed an issue that caused AC3 to appear when playing certain DD+ audio
- Fixed an issue where there was time error when making bookmarks playlist
- Fixed an issue where subtitles were small when you specified a very large subtitle font size
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 210929 (1.7.21555):
- Added fast repeating function
- Fixed an issue that was abnormal when playing certain MP4 files
- Fixed an error problem in certain situations by changing the skin during playback
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 210729 (1.7.21523):
- Remove sponsor-related features
- Added the ability to set the format when copying the current playback time
- Fixed a problem that causes screen to broken when playing certain H264 TS
- Fixed an issue where voice with too high sampling rate could not be played
- Improved time overlap when using time minimum number of subtitles
- Fixed an issue where video stopped when playing certain MP4s
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 210428 (1.7.21482):
- Added the ability to sort into hotkey settings
- Fixed an error problem when playing certain HEVC DXVA
- Fixed an error problem when playing certain MP4 files
- Fixed an issue where chapters disappeared by changing the image quality when playing YouTube with chapters
- Fixed an issue where WEBDAV playlist was not sorted by date
Homepage – https://potplayer.daum.net
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 30.8 MB