DU Meter lets you see how much of your full bandwidth potential is actually utilized at any given point, either by displaying a real-time graph, numerical display, or both. It works with Dial-Up, DSL, DSL, Cable Modem, and Ethernet cards.
The application can be configured to fit neatly in the blank space on your browser toolbar. Furthermore, it uses only a very small amount of Windows resources.
Moreover, DU Meter includes full logging and reporting capabilities with export to many different file formats. Including Excel and HTML.
It also has an auto hide feature, monitoring of online hours with alerts, a fully customizable interface, and a great stopwatch which helps you to accurately time your downloads.
In addition, Dthe program also includes an extensive reporting facility, a flexible notifications and events system, and more.
- Keep an eye on your Internet connection: see data coming in or going out.
- Protect yourself from unexpected charges or Internet service disruption.
- Receive alerts about dangerous or unexpected network activity.
- Easy to use – works automatically with no user input required.
- Uses very little resources.
DU Meter can create detailed reports of the total network traffic volume on your computer. It can alert you if certain limits are surpassed. If you have teenage children or if you own or manage a business, DU Meter can be especially useful for you to you too.
DU Meter for parents and business managers
Receive alerts about dangerous or unexpected network activity
If you have teenage children or if you own or manage a small business, you already know how hard it is to enforce certain rules for network usage, while respecting child’s or employee’s privacy.
If you install DU Meter on your child’s or employee’s computer, you can configure it to report back to you via email when monthly or weekly network traffic exceeds a certain threshold. DU Meter will let you know if someone is breaking your rules. (For example using peer-to-peer software to share films and music). The software can even prevent any further Internet connectivity once the alert condition has been met, without any user intervention.
Remember, you are legally responsible for what your kids are doing online. And while sharing music or videos may seem benign to them, copyright holding companies are suing peer-to-peer network users for thousands of dollars for copyright violations. DU Meter can alert you in time, so this kind of activity can be prevented.
What’s new in DU Meter 8.01:
- Windows 11 is now a supported operating system for DU Meter.
- Windows Server 2022 and 2019 are now supported as well.
- Support for high-DPI displays (4K resolution and larger).
- Support for multiple displays with varying DPI configurations (when the window scaling is not the same across all displays)
- Support for dark and light color schemes, including auto-switching when Windows configuration is changed.
- Fixes to taskbar band on Windows 10 to support the light color scheme.
- Restyling of DU Meter window to better align with Windows 10 and 11 styles.
- New dark and light color schemes to better match Windows 10 and 11 color schemes.
- Fix to click-through mode when the high-contrast mode is enabled.
- Experimental support for Taskbar band-like mode on Windows 11: Since Microsoft has completely removed Taskbar bands support in Windows 11, it’s impossible to achieve full parity with Windows 10 for this feature.
- Numerous smaller bug fixes and improvements.
What’s new in DU Meter 7.30:
- Improvement: Added a menu option to select current tab from the tray icon pop-up menu. This option is enabled only when click-through mode is active, as it’s most useful in the click-through mode.
- Improvement: DU Meter window is no longer shown on an Alt-Tab list of windows.
- Fixed: click-through mode was incompatible with, and could not be enabled while in High-Contrast color mode.
- Miscellaneous minor fixes to localization and translation.
Homepage – https://www.dumeter.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 8.1, 10, 11.