Blender, the open source software for 3D modeling, animation, rendering, post-production, interactive creation and playback. Available for Windows, Linux, Irix, Sun Solaris, FreeBSD or Mac OS X. Blender has proven to be an extremely fast and versatile design instrument.
The software has a personal touch, offering a unique approach to the world of Three Dimensions. Use Blender to create TV commercials, to make technical visualizations, business graphics, to do some morphing, or design user interfaces.
You can easy build and manage complex environments. The renderer is versatile and extremely fast. All basic animation principles (curves and keys) are well implemented.
Anything you create with Blender – whether it’s graphics, movies, scripts, exported 3d files or the .blend files themselves – is your sole property, and can be licensed or sold under any conditions you prefer.
- A range of 3D object types including polygon meshes, NURBS surfaces, bezier and B-spline curves, metaballs, vector fonts (TrueType, PostScript, OpenType)
- ‘Smooth proxy’ style catmull-clark subdivision surfaces
- Boolean mesh functions
- Editing functions such as extrude, bevel, cut, spin, screw, warp, subdivide, noise, smooth Soft selection editing tools for organic modeling
- Python scripting access for custom tools
- Armature (skeleton) deformation with forward/inverse kinematics, auto skinning and interactive 3D paint for vertex weighting
- Non-linear animation mixer with automated walkcycles along paths
- Constraint system
- Vertex key framing for morphing, with controlling sliders
- Character animation pose editor
- Animatable lattice deformation
- ‘Ipo’ system integrates both motion curve and traditional key-frame editing
- Audio playback, mixing and editing support for sound synchronisation
- Python scripting access for custom and procedural animation effects
Realtime 3D/game creation
- Graphical editor for defining interactive behavior without programming
- Collision detection and dynamics simulation
- Python scripting API for sophisticated control and AI, fully defined advanced game logic
- Supports all OpenGL? lighting modes, including transparencies, Animated and reflection-mapped textures
- Playback of games and interactive 3D content without compiling or preprocessing
- Audio, using the fmod toolkit
- Multi-layering of Scenes for overlay interfaces
- Very fast inbuilt raytracer
- Integral support for the famous Yafray render engine
- Oversampling, motion blur, post-production effects, fields, non-square pixels
- Environment maps, halos, lens flares, fog
- Various surface shaders such as Lambert, Phong, Oren-nayar, Blinn, Toon
- Edge rendering for toon shading
- Procedural Textures
- Ambient Occlusion
- Radiosity solver
- Export scripts available for external renderers such as Renderman (RIB), Povray, Virtualight
- UV texture editor with various mesh unwrap modes
- Flexible user configurable window layout
- Powerful object-oriented data system
- Anti-aliased fonts with international translation support
- Windows for animation curves/keys, schematic scene diagram, non-linear video sequence editing, character animation action editor, non-linear animation mixer, image/UV editing, file/image selection and file management
- Inbuilt text editor for annotations and editing Python scripts
- Consistent interface across multiple platforms
- Save all scene data in a single .blend file
- .blend format supports compression, digital signatures, encryption, forwards/backwards compatibility and can be used as a library to link to from other .blend files
- Read / Write TGA, JPG, PNG, Iris, SGI Movie, IFF, AVI and Quicktime GIF, TIFF, PSD, MOV (Windows and Mac OS X)
- Native import and export for DXF, Inventor and VRML files, with python scripts available for many other 3D formats
- Create stand-alone executables containing interactive 3D content or play back with the 3d web browser plugin
Changes in Blender 2.81:
New sculpt tools, poly build tool, voxel remesh and quad remesh.
Transform origins, new snapping, mirroring and auto merge options.
New shaders for texturing, denoising with OpenImageDenoise, and NVIDIA RTX support.
Shadows, transparency and bump mapping redesigned for easier setup and better quality.
New options for look development with Cycles and Eevee.
A new system to replace proxies, to make local overrides to linked characters and other data types.
Finer control over rotations and scale in bones, constraints and drivers.
Outliner improvements, new file browser and batch rename.
User interface, tools, operators, modifiers, new brushes and presets and material self overlap.
Alembic, audio & video output, library management and video sequencer editor.
Python version upgrade, dynamic tooltip for operators, new handlers and other API changes.
Enabled add-ons only, glTF, FBX, import images as planes, blenderkit, rigify among others.
Homepage – https://www.blender.org
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- macOS 10.12+
Supported Graphics Cards
Size: 214 MB