To make Waterfox stand out a bit more, it’s compiled with optimizations. Therefore that it will run more efficiently and faster than just compiling Mozilla Firefox as a 64-Bit program.
Waterfox focuses on giving users choice while also helping make the world a better place. It is partners with Ecosia, a search engine that plants trees with its generated revenues. The browser itself is focused on power users, which lets you make the important decisions.
There is no plugin whitelist, you can run whichever extensions you like and absolutely no data or telemetry will be send back to Mozilla or the Waterfox project.
This web browser is based on the current stable Firefox build, which means it functions in exactly the same way. Aside from its name on the menu at the top of the main window, there’s nothing to differentiate it from Firefox. Waterfox shares your Firefox settings, so should you come to uninstall it. Don’t select the option to delete all personal information if you’re still using Firefox. And your add-ons and extensions work on any version of Firefox, on any platform!
- Browse faster. Start faster, tab hop quicker, get more done.
- Customize your browser. Personalize Waterfox with everything from themes to privacy tools.
- Your favorite add-ons and extensions. Adblock, Ublock, LastPass and thousands more.
- Sync between devices. Get your tabs, logins and history on the go.
- Traveling Tabs. View open tabs on any device.
- Waterfox for Android. Our most customizable application for Android yet.
- Balanced memory usage. Browse smoothly and leave plenty of memory for your computer programs.
- Better bookmarks. Quickly save and organize your favorite sites.
- More private. We don’t sell access to your online data. Period.
- No data collection. We have no need for your data, so you can browse freely.
- More powerful Private Browsing. More protection than Incognito mode or InPrivate.
- Ad tracker blocking. The Private Browsing module blocks ads with trackers.
- Password Manager. Forget the reset. Save passwords and logins quickly.
- Latest Mozilla Foundation Security Advisories patched.
- Ecosia is now selectable as a search option.
- Fixed: You should now be able to install Chrome and Opera extensions without issues once more.
- Latest (Mozilla Foundation Security Advisories)[https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2021-29/] patched.
- Refactored various features to be more performant.
- Resolved an issue where Abyss or Floe would not be set upon restart of the browser.
- Resolved an issue where language packs were not available on Windows.
- Resolved an issue where Yahoo! was being set as default search unprompted.
- Resolved varying Abyss and Floe theme issues.
- Added compatibility for xfinity.com
- Bookmark toolbar context menu can now be used after visiting
- Linux and macOS should now have language selections in
about:preferences -> General -> Language and Appearance -> Language
- Enable V8 RegExp
- Add toggling of scrollbar preferences
- Available in “about:preferences
- Available in “about:preferences
- Import V8 RegExp code (not yet enabled)
- Add improvements for Canvas API
- Implement Promise.allSettled()
- Implement EventTarget() as a constructor
- Align document.open() with the overhauled specification
- Fixed problems with restoring session cookies.
- Fixes for Internationalization API.
- Fixed various media issues.
- Fixed issues with CSS appearance
- Various security issues from the latest v78 ESR.
- Update lz4 to 1.9.3
- Updated user-agent overrides
- Do not throw from PerformanceObserver.observe when none of the entryTypes are known.
- DRM modules have been updated but no longer seem to work on macOS. If you’d like to watch DRM protected content such as on Netflix, Prime Video, etc. you will need to upgrade to Waterfox G3.
Homepage – https://www.waterfoxproject.org
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (64-bit).
- macOS: OS X Lion (10.7)
- Linux: Any modern distro
Size: 56.5 MB