To make Waterfox stand out a bit more, it’s compiled with optimizations. Therefore that it will run more efficiently and faster than just compiling Mozilla Firefox as a 64-Bit program.
Waterfox focuses on giving users choice while also helping make the world a better place. It is partners with Ecosia, a search engine that plants trees with its generated revenues. The browser itself is focused on power users, which lets you make the important decisions.
There is no plugin whitelist, you can run whichever extensions you like and absolutely no data or telemetry will be send back to Mozilla or the Waterfox project.
This web browser is based on the current stable Firefox build, which means it functions in exactly the same way. Aside from its name on the menu at the top of the main window, there’s nothing to differentiate it from Firefox. Waterfox shares your Firefox settings, so should you come to uninstall it. Don’t select the option to delete all personal information if you’re still using Firefox. And your add-ons and extensions work on any version of Firefox, on any platform!
- Browse faster. Start faster, tab hop quicker, get more done.
- Customize your browser. Personalize Waterfox with everything from themes to privacy tools.
- Your favorite add-ons and extensions. Adblock, Ublock, LastPass and thousands more.
- Sync between devices. Get your tabs, logins and history on the go.
- Traveling Tabs. View open tabs on any device.
- Waterfox for Android. Our most customizable application for Android yet.
- Balanced memory usage. Browse smoothly and leave plenty of memory for your computer programs.
- Better bookmarks. Quickly save and organize your favorite sites.
- More private. We don’t sell access to your online data. Period.
- No data collection. We have no need for your data, so you can browse freely.
- More powerful Private Browsing. More protection than Incognito mode or InPrivate.
- Ad tracker blocking. The Private Browsing module blocks ads with trackers.
- Password Manager. Forget the reset. Save passwords and logins quickly.
- Various stability, functionality, and security fixes.
- Fixed an issue where container tabs were not being restored properly.
- Users who have DuckDuckGo as their default search should now have it as their default Private search as well.
- Various links in the About Waterfox dialogue have now been updated.
- Addon version numbers once more show next to their names in
- You can now disable automatic updates in
- Startpage is now the default search when performance searches in Private Tab and Private Window.
- Users on Linux who wish to use the HTML GeoLocation API can now enable it in
about:preferences→ Languages → Geolocation API
- Tabs will now unload automatically when your system is running low on memory.
- Tabs can now be manually unloaded after enabling the preference in
about:preferences→ General → Tabs. You can then right click on a tab and unload it.
- Chrome Web Store extensions should now install properly once again.
- Back and forward buttons on various mice now work properly in Waterfox, instead of acting as middle-click.
- Sometimes non-private tabs would be restored as private tabs. This will no longer occur.
- Various fixes to the default Lepton theme
- Various Japanese translation improvements by @surapunoyousei
- Minimum requirements have been slightly reduced to
-fit-contentshow now work without the
<dialog>HTML element is now enabled.
- References to
herhave been replaced with
Homepage – https://www.waterfoxproject.org
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (64-bit).
- macOS 10.12 Intel and above
- macOS 11 ARM and above
- Linux kernel 5.4 and above
Size: 63.8 MB