To make Waterfox stand out a bit more, it’s compiled with optimizations. Therefore that it will run more efficiently and faster than just compiling Mozilla Firefox as a 64-Bit program.
Waterfox focuses on giving users choice while also helping make the world a better place. It is partners with Ecosia, a search engine that plants trees with its generated revenues. The browser itself is focused on power users, which lets you make the important decisions.
There is no plugin whitelist, you can run whichever extensions you like and absolutely no data or telemetry will be send back to Mozilla or the Waterfox project.
This web browser is based on the current stable Firefox build, which means it functions in exactly the same way. Aside from its name on the menu at the top of the main window, there’s nothing to differentiate it from Firefox. Waterfox shares your Firefox settings, so should you come to uninstall it. Don’t select the option to delete all personal information if you’re still using Firefox. And your add-ons and extensions work on any version of Firefox, on any platform!
- Browse faster. Start faster, tab hop quicker, get more done.
- Customize your browser. Personalize Waterfox with everything from themes to privacy tools.
- Your favorite add-ons and extensions. Adblock, Ublock, LastPass and thousands more.
- Sync between devices. Get your tabs, logins and history on the go.
- Traveling Tabs. View open tabs on any device.
- Waterfox for Android. Our most customizable application for Android yet.
- Balanced memory usage. Browse smoothly and leave plenty of memory for your computer programs.
- Better bookmarks. Quickly save and organize your favorite sites.
- More private. We don’t sell access to your online data. Period.
- No data collection. We have no need for your data, so you can browse freely.
- More powerful Private Browsing. More protection than Incognito mode or InPrivate.
- Ad tracker blocking. The Private Browsing module blocks ads with trackers.
- Password Manager. Forget the reset. Save passwords and logins quickly.
- Added default items to the status bar when enabled.
- You can now toggle text contrast on the status bar in about:preferences → General → Language and Appearance → Status Bar.
- Fixed: Importing data from other browsers now works once again. (`File → Import From Another Browser)
- Added an option to about:preferences to prevent pinned tabs shrinking to icon size.
- Added options to about:preferences to allow new tabs to be opened after all existing tabs.
- Google, Startpage and Yahoo! search suggestions should now display again.
- bloomberg.com should no longer display an out of date browser warning.
- White bar no longer visible at the bottom of the window when using light themes.
- More AVIF image types are now supported, which fixes issues of images not rendering on websites such as The Daily Mail.
- G220.127.116.11: Tabs toolbar and status bar will now be appropriately coloured when tabs toolbar set to bottom display with a dark theme.
- G18.104.22.168: Tabs toolbar set to bottom display will now collapse correctly when entering DOM fullscreen mode (e.g. fullscreen video).
- G22.214.171.124: Widget text in the status bar will be coloured correctly with dark themes.
- The default Lepton theme has been upgraded to its latest version, with improved visual changes.
- The Firefox themes are now more identifiable by name.
- The Firefox Modern Dynamic theme has now also been added.
- Widevine has been updated to
4.10.2391.0which should fix issues playing DRM protected content.
- You can view the commit Waterfox was built on at
- Contrast has increased on Australis Light theme, to better differentiate tabs.
- The way tab positioning and various other Waterfox features have been implemented has been improved.
- Updated to Gecko
91.4.0, which includes various security patches.
What’s new in Waterfox 2021.10:
- Fixed crashes for users on newer Linux distributions.
- Fixed issues some users had when building Classic.
- TLS 1.3 compatibility mode is now enabled by default
What’s new in Waterfox 2021.09:
- Enable V8 RegExp
- Add toggling of scrollbar preferences
- Available in “about:preferences
- Available in “about:preferences
Homepage – https://www.waterfoxproject.org
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (64-bit).
- macOS 10.12 Intel and above
- macOS 11 ARM and above
- Linux kernel 5.4 and above
Size: 63.8 MB