Sandboxie is a proprietary sandbox based isolation program for Windows operating systems. It creates a sandbox-like isolated operating environment.
There you can run or install all applications without permanently modifying the local or mapped drive. An isolated virtual environment allows to control testing of untrusted programs and web surfing.
Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space. It prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
When you run a program on your computer, data flows from the hard disk to the program via read operations. The data is then processed and displayed, and finally flows back from the progam to the hard disk via write operations.
Sandboxie changes the rules such that write operations do not make it back to your hard disk.
- Intercept changes to both your files and registry settings, making it virtually impossible for any software to reach outside the sandbox.
- Traps cached browser items into the sandbox as a by-product of normal operation. So when you throw away the sandbox, all the history records and other side-effects of your browsing disappear as well.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox:
- Secure Web Browsing. If you run Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie, all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy. Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don’t leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail. Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can’t break out of the sandbox and can’t infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean. Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
- Fixes crash on Windows 10 Slow/Fast Ring builds.
- Note: IE downloads fails on the Windows 10 Slow/Fast Ring builds if “Windows Search” is turned OFF from the task bar.
Changes in Sandboxie 5.33.1:
- [FIXED] Microsoft Accounts
Changes in Sandboxie 5.31.6:
- Added support for running Sandboxie in Windows 10 19H2 (b18363)
- Fix issues with running Sandboxie in Windows 10 FR (not guaranteed to work due to upcoming kernel changes)
Changes in Sandboxie 5.31.4:
- Removed license check and activation requirements.
- Fix IE download issues on Windows 7 and 10
- Fix IE download issues (and some file rename failures) on Windows 10 Spring 2019
Homepage – https://www.sandboxie.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP – Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Translations: English, Albanian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brasil), Russian and Turkish.