Sandboxie is a proprietary sandbox based isolation program for Windows operating systems. It creates a sandbox-like isolated operating environment.
There you can run or install all applications without permanently modifying the local or mapped drive. An isolated virtual environment allows to control testing of untrusted programs and web surfing.
Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space. It prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
When you run a program on your computer, data flows from the hard disk to the program via read operations. The data is then processed and displayed, and finally flows back from the progam to the hard disk via write operations.
Sandboxie changes the rules such that write operations do not make it back to your hard disk.
- Intercept changes to both your files and registry settings, making it virtually impossible for any software to reach outside the sandbox.
- Traps cached browser items into the sandbox as a by-product of normal operation. So when you throw away the sandbox, all the history records and other side-effects of your browsing disappear as well.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox:
- Secure Web Browsing. If you run Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie, all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy. Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don’t leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail. Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can’t break out of the sandbox and can’t infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean. Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
- Added support for Windows 10 v1809.
- Fixed issues with Adobe Acrobat Pro and Reader 2019 related to the “Save As” dialog displaying blank .
- Fixed a path issue that would prevent applications from running/installing inside a Sandbox
- Fixed LibreOffice unable to launch issue.
- Improved templates for Waterfox profile access.
- Addressed SBIE2209 Cannot translate SID to user name: [22 / 1332] message that would trigger when using a Sandbox restricted to specific users only.
- Tested OK on Fast Ring x64 18312 / FR x86 18309 (newer versions than the ones listed here will most likely not work).
Homepage – https://www.sandboxie.com
Operating Systems: Windows XP – Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Translations: English, Albanian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brasil), Russian and Turkish.
Size: 5.94 MB