EF Commander is an easy to use complex and multi-featured file manager that a wide range of users, from beginners to professionals. It is the result of many requests received by the author.
EF Commander is a file manager, archiver, viewer, FTP-client. Compatible for the Windows 95 – Windows 10 desktop and server editions.
If you’ve ever used and liked Norton Commander, you’ll like this dual-windowed program, which comes complete with bubble and online help. You can search directory trees and directories and perform actions, including Run, on files.
The first version was written in 1994, under the OS/2 operating system using Presentation Manager, as a personal replacement for the old DOS program Norton Commander. In 1996 it was ported to the 32-bit Microsoft Windows operating system.
You can also check file attributes and edit files with search-and-replace and drag-and-drop. Use the internal editor or associate one of your choosing to edit files. Easily view files and configure the buttons to suit your needs. Get system and disk information with a click of the mouse.
EF Commander features:
- Easy to use. The modern interface helps you to have full control over your files and folders.
- Tabbed interface. Define just the views you need in each pane for your folders and files.
- Built-in media player. The EF Commander have a full featured hi quality audio player with playlist and ID3 Tag support. Plays in background with less resources usage MP3, Ogg/Vorbis, FLAC, WMA and WAV.
- Multirename tool. A versatile function for comfortable renaming of numerous files in a processing step. Use a flexible concept for the clear definition of renaming rules, include rules for MP3 files and EXIF informations.
- Thumbnails. Quickly and easily get an overview your photos or other image collections.
- Parallel file operations. All long operations are run with multi-tasking. You can run any number of different operations at the same time, or several instances of the same operation. For example, you can have several “copy” commands going simultaneously.
- Direct link to PDAs with Windows CE. EF Commander was the first file manager worldwide with this feature. Handle your data in the same way as on your desktop or laptop computer.
- Burn CDs and DVDs direct from EF Commander. Nero Burning ROM (www.nero.com) is required.
- Internal packers for more than 20 archive formats. Use EF Commander to pack files or whole folders in any of the common archive formats. No external programs are required. Supported formats: 7-Zip, ACE, ARC, ARJ, BZIP2, CAB, CPIO, GZIP, IMG, ISO (ISO9660), LHA, RAR, RPM, SFX, SQX, TAR, TBZ, TGZ, ZIP, Zip64, ZOO
- Internal viewer for more than 30 file formats. View picture files and movies, and play MP3, Ogg/Vorbis, FLAC, WMA and WAV audio files, without having to use any other software.
- Use XnView and IrfanView as add-ons. Enlarge the number of available formats to 400 or more. EF Commander runs quietly in the background, and allows to manage files in the internal viewer, in the quick view mode, or as thumbnails.
- Fast FTP/FTPS client. The built-in FTP client features resume download and FxP (server to server transfers), FTPS secure (SSL/TLS) connection.
- Internal text and HEX editor. EF Commander has full text and hex editors for files that are limited only by your system resources.
- Functions to split/join large files. Split large files into smaller parts, and recombine the parts.
- Create/Verify checksums. Check the integrity of your data. EF Commander supports the SFV, MD5, SHA1, SHA256 and SHA512 formats.
- Synchronize function. Synchronize your notebook or your LAN with your work station.
- External plug-in support for packers, viewers, file system and contents. Supported formats include WLX, WCX, WFX and Winamp decode plugins.
English, German, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, Galician, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Taiwan, Ukrainian.
Homepage – http://www.efsoftware.com
Size: 5.20 MB