Active@ KillDisk is a powerful and compact software that allows you to destroy all data on hard disks, SSD and USB disks completely, excluding any possibility of future recovery of deleted files and folders.
It’s a hard disk drive sanitizing tool and partition eraser utility, DoD 5220.22 M compliant. One Pass Zeros erase method supported in freeware version.
Active@ KillDisk supports Verification, Batch Mode, Emailing Reports, Certificate customization, PC Shutdown after completion. Also it detects and resets disk hidden areas (HPA/DCO). Wipes out all unused space on disks, not touching existing data.
USB Plug’n’Play disks fully supported. Bootable Disk Creator that allows you to boot from CD/DVD/USB into Windows environment, and erase or wipe out your system disks.
Active@ KillDisk Desktop brings a complete and affordable industrial-grade disk sanitation hardware solution to the consumer market. It’s highly customizable for any context, supports U.S. DoD erasure and fully automated operation. This system is a must-have for any organization with strong disk erasure requirements.
Active@ KillDisk Features:
- NEW! Active@ Boot Disk 64-bit boots UEFI Secure Boot systems and legacy BIOS PC
- True parallel erasing/wiping of several disks at the same time
- User can define custom erase method using hexadecimal (hex) values and specifying the pattern for each pass New!
- Universal Boot Disk Creator for CD/USB media for Windows, Linux & DOS targets
- Latest Active@ Boot Disk Lite (WinPE-based) and Active@ LiveCD (Linux-based)
- Portability provided with settings stored in INI file instead of local registry
- Save Log and Shutdown PC option after erase completed
- Ability to send e-mail reports via pre-configured FREE SMTP account
- Certificate can be displayed after erase/wipe completion and saved as PDF
- Erase/Wipe Certificate can be customized with a Logo and Technician info
- Command line options added to support certificate and log file options
- Securely overwrites and destroys all data on physical disks or logical partitions
- Supports IDE / ATA / SATA / eSATA / external USB / SCSI hard disk drives
- Supports Solid State Drives (SSD), LUN, RAID arrays
- Erases partitions, logical drives and unused disk space
- Supports fixed disks, USB Flash, Floppies, Zip drives, SanDisk and CompactFlash
- Operates from any bootable media: USB disks or bootable CD/DVD/BD discs
- Supports large-size disks (more than 2TB) and disks having 4kb sector size
- Supports Batch mode (can be run from the Command Line with no user interaction)
- Scans NTFS/FAT/exFAT/HFS+/UFS/UDF/Ext2/Ext3/Ext4 volumes, displays files & folders
- Data verification may be performed after erasing is completed
- Built-in Hex Viewer allows you to inspect raw disk’s sectors and file clusters
- Wipes out NTFS/FAT/exFAT/HFS+/ExtFs volumes from areas containing deleted and unused data
- Wipes out free clusters
- Displays detected physical disk’s and partition information
- Wipes out deleted MFT records, Directory entries and other system records
- Support for previewing and wiping Apple HFS+ and exFAT
What’s new in Active@ KillDisk 12.0 (October 11, 2019):
- Added ability to print customizable disk labels with essential information about erased (wiped) disk
- Sound notifications for process completion could be selected from a list of predefined tunes, user defined sounds could also be used
- Certificates and reports: slightly re-designed for better user experience
- Better Disk Serial Number detection algorithms, including serials for USB disks
- Improved overall software stability working with failing, damaged or unstable disks
- Boot Disk: WinPE upgraded to Windows 10 build 1903 base
- Boot Disk: Now fully supports SATA & PCI-E NVMe M.2 disks
- Boot Disk: Improved Boot Disk Creator and Utilities
What’s new in Active@ KillDisk 11.1 (May 9, 2018):
- Erase confirmation dialog simplified & shrunk to fit lower video resolutions
- Improved handling of certificates/reports for failed disks and email notifications
- Boot Disk: WinPE upgraded to v.10.0.16299.15 (based on Windows 10 build 1709)
- Boot Disk: Added customization – desktop shortcuts for custom tools & user menus can be created
- Boot Disk: Customized settings can be saved to USB and restored on the next boot even on different systems
Homepage – https://www.killdisk.com
Active@ KillDisk can work with DOS, Windows XP, Server 2003, Vista, Server 2008, Windows 7, Server 2012, Windows 8, Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit), Linux, FreeBSD, OpenSolaris Unix, macOS, and others.
Size: 71.6 MB