Jetico BCWipe data wiping software enables you to permanently delete selected files so that they can never be recovered or undeleted.
It embeds itself within Windows and can be activated from the Explorer FILE Menu or from the context (right-click) menu. Or from BCWipe Task Manager or from a command-line prompt.
The program complies with U.S. Department of Defense (DoD 5220.22-M) standard, U.S. Department of Energy (DoE M 205.1-2) standard and a set of other standard wiping schemes.
You can also create and use your own customized wiping scheme to wipe sensitive information from storage devices installed on your computer.
Approved for use by the U.S. Department of Defense, BCWipe surgically removes all traces of selected data, while BestCrypt disguises the data you need to keep with convenient, reliable encryption.
For central administration and policy management, Jetico offers an Enterprise product line, highlighted by BCWipe Enterprise featuring Enforcer.
- Delete with wiping. Using this command, you can delete and wipe file or folder, as well as selected group of files/folders.
- Wipe free space. When you delete sensitive files using a standard Windows ‘Delete’ command, the operating system does not shred contents of the documents from hard drive. It just marks disk space, earlier occupied by the files, as ‘free’. To remove all the traces of the earlier deleted files completely, use this command to wipe free space on the disk.
- Wipe Internet History. BCWipe can completely wipe all traces of your Internet history: cache, cookies, browsing history, search history, saved passwords, last active tabs, etc. Supports the latest versions of web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera.
- Wipe Local History. (Wipe names of recently used files) BCWipe can wipe names of files opened with Windows components and other popular applications. Also can wipe the names stored on a subfolder or in Windows Registry. Individual entries can wipe without deleting the whole list.
- Swap file protection. BCWipe utility can wipe unused space in the Swap File or keep the whole swap file encrypted.
- Wipe file slacks. File slack is the disk space from the actual end of a file up to end of the last cluster used by the file. You can turn on/off file slack wiping before running the Wipe Free Space process.
- Wipe MFT records – for NTFS drives. BCWipe can wipe empty MFT Records – i.e. records related to deleted files.
- Wipe Compressed Files. Compressed files cannot be wiped by usual means. BCWipe contains the special module that can read disk sectors on a low level. Due to this module, BCWipe can wipe compressed files. Administrator rights are required to wipe compressed files.
The following tools allow users to configure and control the wiping process:
- BCWipe Task Manager. The utility allows to run some wiping tasks automatically. You can set a time for running the task, as well as special options for the task.
- Reserved Space Manager. Wipe Free Space is time-comsuming process. On modern large disks with terabytes of free space it may take several days to complete. Reserved Space functionality of BCWipe is intended to save the time by preserving the wiped space in clean state. Reserved Space Manager allows the users to manage the free/reserved disk space.
- Wiping Scheme Editor allows creating custom wiping schemes.
- Swap File Encryption utility. Swap File is the Windows system file that is used for the virtual memory support, and it can store parts of documents, you are working with, in an opened form on hard drive. Even if some powerful encryption program encrypts an original document, Windows can put a whole document or part of it to the Swap file in an opened form. Encryption keys, passwords, and other sensitive information can also be swapped to hard drive. Even if you use all of the security advantages of the latest Windows versions, simple investigating of the Swap file in DOS mode may allow extracting a lot of interesting information from the file. BCWipe allows encrypting the Swap file contents and preventing such a leak in the operating system.
- Hexadecimal File Viewer. Using the Viewer you can examine contents of file after wiping. The utility is useful for investigating a quality of wiping process, for example when you use a custom wiping scheme.
- Log Viewer. A convenient tool for reading, searching and filtering information about wiping process.
- Automatic Update utility. Allows users to get the latest updates of the software automatically.
- Improved wiping of the NTFS transaction log file
- Improved error processing for terminated wiping tasks
- Corrected unnecessary disabling of Windows System Protection
- Fixed minor bugs when running BCWipe from CLI
- Ready for Windows 11 2022 Update (codename “22H2”)
- Ready for Windows 10 2022 Update (codename “22H2”)
Changes in BCWipe 7.03.3 | 20-September-2022:
- Introduced support for exporting and importing wiping tasks across multiple endpoints available with the Enterprise Edition license.
Changes in BCWipe 7.03.2 | 21-July-2022:
- Introduced support for ARM-based devices.
Changes in BCWipe 7.03.1 | 02-June-2022:
- Enabled user preferences to be saved automatically across wiping tasks.
- Privacy Guard: new settings and stability improvements.
- Fixed minor bugs.
Changes in BCWipe 7.03 | 09-February-2022:
- Updated to include the newest BCWipe Privacy Guard tool
- Added Privacy dashboard to the Overview Panel
- Added support for drag-and-drop in the Delete With Wiping command
- Added ability to Enable and Disable Transparent Wiping from the systray icon, without having to open BCWipe Task Manager
Changes in BCWipe 7.02 | 07-September-2021:
- Added German, French, Italian, Russian, Spanish and Turkish translations.
- Enhanced wiping of Windows Explorer’s Recent Items list.
- Improved Transparent Wiping tray icon functionality.
Changes in BCWipe 7.01.3 | 20-May-2021:
- Ready for Windows 10’s May 2021 Update (21H1).
- Added real-time wiping progress indication in View Mode.
- Improved stability of Wipe Free Space command when processing removed media.
- Improved stability of operation in non-admin user account.
- Minor improvements.
Changes in BCWipe 7.01.2 | 13-April-2021:
- Enabled for localization.
- Improved memory management when wiping file slacks.
Changes in BCWipe 7.01.1 | 03-March-2021:
- Introduced new feature: automatically erase log files after a selected period of time.
- Introduced new feature: use system variables in ‘Delete with wiping’ command.
- Improved ‘Wipe browser history’ command now erases sensitive data without resetting browser preferences.
- Added minor improvements for BCWipe Enterprise Edition – client version.
- Fixed occasional error in displaying wiping task progress.
Homepage – https://www.jetico.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista (x86 only)
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016 (incl. R2)
- Windows Server 2012 (no support for ReFS)
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2008 (x86 only)
Size: 22.4 MB