It can backup your data and reduce size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from Internet and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format. The archiver puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression.
By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disc space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well. WinRAR is ideal for multimedia files. It automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method.
The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well. RAR files can usually compress content by 8% to 15% more than ZIP files can.
Features of WinRAR:
- It is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives.
- It puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disk space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well.
- Supports all popular compression formats (RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip).
- It is ideal for multimedia files. Automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method. The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well.
- Allows you to split archives into separate volumes easily, making it possible to save them on several disks for example.
- Allows you to create selfextracting and multivolume archives.
- Recovery record and recovery volumes allow to reconstruct even physically damaged archives.
- It is also ideal, if you are sending data through the web. Its 256 bit password encryption and its authenticated signature technology will give you the peace of mind you have been looking for.
- It is easier to use than many other archivers with the inclusion of a special “Wizard” mode which allows instant access to the basic archiving functions through a simple question and answer procedure. This avoids confusion in the early stages of use.
- It is a trial product, meaning you have the chance to thoroughly test it. The program can be used absolutely free of charge for 40 days!
- Licenses are valid for all available language and platform versions. If you have purchased several licenses, you can even mix versions to meet your own personal needs.
- 1. “Convert archives” command:
- a) improved performance when processing a lot of small archives in Windows 10;
- b) fixed memory leaks which could lead to excessive memory use when converting to ZIP format.
- 2. Corrupt ZIP archive processing:
- a) “Repair” command replaces packed and unpacked file sizes stored in local file header with sizes from central directory if local header sizes look invalid;
- b) file extraction is stopped at unpacked size stored in ZIP headers even if available packed data allows further extraction. It is done to prevent unexpected hard drive space usage.
- 3. Ctrl+C allows to abort RAR “l” command quickly. In previous versions it could take several seconds until list command stopped.
- 4. Bugs fixed:
- a) WinRAR could crash when attempting to display some types of archive comments in GUI shell, resulting in a denial of service;
- b) if “Save archive name” and “Add to context menu” options were set in compression profile parameters and profile was invoked from Explorer context menu, WinRAR proposed an automatically generated archive name instead of name saved in profile.
- c) WinRAR displayed an unneeded pair of round brackets in “Archive” column of “Diagnostic messages” window for system error messages;
- d) “Extract to folder\” Windows Explorer context menu command could fail to unpack ZIP archives if their names included a numeric part followed by .zip extension, arbitrary data was present before the first file record and “Remove redundant folders from extraction path” WinRAR option was switched on;
- e) in “RAR x -x arcname” command, parent folders of files matching the specified mask also were excluded from extracting;
- f) “Find” command returned the current folder own name additionally to its contents for “Current folder” search area if folder name matched “File names to find” mask;
- g) if “Find in files” and “Find in archives” are both enabled, “Find” command did not match an archive name itself against “File names to find” mask after searching inside of archive. So it did not display archive names for masks like *.rar and applied this mask only to files inside of archives;
- h) when running an executable directly from archive, WinRAR 5.70 did not set a temporary folder with unpacked files as current. So executables attempting to access other archived files in current folder could fail to work;
- i) WinRAR could be inaccessible for few seconds after closing an archived file opened in internal viewer in Windows 10;
- j) dragging a file to subfolder of ZIP archive with “Store full paths”option enabled produced invalid pathnames consisting of repeated subfolder name. Same invalid pathnames were produced if adding files to ZIP archive with -ap -ep2 switches.
Homepage – https://www.win-rar.com
WinRAR is Windows 10 compatible, available in over 50 languages in both 32bit and 64bit and several operating systems (OS) and the only compression software that is fully accepted in all countries using Unicode.
Size: 2.80 MB