PowerArchiver 2022 is an award-winning archive utility for the Windows family. It provides support for most compressed and encoded files, as well as access to many powerful features and tools through an easy to use interface that seamlessly integrates with Windows Explorer.
PowerArchiver 2022 enables you to create ISO images, either by ripping the CD/DVD/BD with Disc Grabber, or directly with files from your hard disk. With PowerArchiver’s Virtual Drive feature, you can also mount ISO images into Windows so they appear like a normal drive and you can browse inside.
PowerArchiver 2022 offers hundreds of features, yet remains easy to use, small and fast. Novice users will find a familiar interface complete with tutorial and detailed help, while more experienced users can take advantage of full Explorer integration, multiple encryption methods and advanced compression algorithms.
In addition, PowerArchiver 2022 lets you now burn archives, images and any files directly from PowerArchiver or via Explorer Shell Extensions to a CD, DVD or Blu-ray disc. Once you’re done, you can verify the burned files to make sure everything was burned correctly and without errors.
PowerArchiver 2022 creates and works with unlimited size ZIP archives with enhanced ZIP format speed and compression. Password Manager stores your frequently used passwords; encrypts your archives using 5 different methods including 256-bit AES. Back up your work with PowerArchiver’s Auto-Backup tool and FTP support.
PowerArchiver 2021 creates powerful CAB and ZIP self extracting (SFX) archives using a Wizard; a Batch ZIP tool compresses hundreds of files all at once; and a Multi-Extract tool can extract hundreds of archives instantly.
PowerArchiver 2022 Professional is the full set of powerful tools for both power users and companies. Includes PowerArchiver Pro, PowerArchiver Command Line, PowerArchiver for Outlook, PowerArchiver Backup, PowerArchiver Cloud browser and Encryption Suite with OpenPGP.
PowerArchiver 2022 Feature List:
- Complete built-in support for 7-ZIP, ZIP, CAB, LHA (LZH), TAR, TAR.GZ, TAR.BZ2, BH, RAR, ARJ, ARC, ACE, ZOO, GZ, and BZIP2 file formats
- Support for reading and extracting disc image formats: ISO, BIN, IMG and NRG
- Built-in support for XXE, UUE, and yENC encoded files and full MIME (Base 64) support
- Creating ZIP and CAB and PAE encrypted self-extracting archives using a Wizard interface
- Support for unlimited size ZIP archives, with improved performance when working with 100,000+ files
- Support for Deflate64, providing improved compression results (both size and speed)
- Complete support for PKZIP 4.0 and PKZIP 4.5 disk spanning
- Compression Profiles to store frequently used compression settings
- Full support for ZIP AES encryption, 128-bit/192-bit/256-bit (supports: PKZip 5.1 (full), Secure Zip 8.0 and WinZip 9.0 AE-1 and AE-2) and proprietary PAE format using 5 different methods: Blowfish (128-bit), DES (64-bit), Triple DES (128-bit), AES 128-bit, and AES 256-bit
- Support for AES encrypted 7-Zip archives and multivolume 7-Zip archives
- Uploading archives or backups directly to FTP or SFTP (SSH) sites with multiple profiles supported and timeout option
- Password manager for saving frequently used passwords
- Tool for creating PBS backup scripts and running automated backups
- Internal viewer that supports TXT, RTF, GIF, PNG, BMP, ICO, TIFF, GFI, SGI, EMF, WMF, PPM, Adobe Photoshop, Autodesk, Truevision, – ZSoft Paintbrush, Kodak Photo-CD, JASC PaintShop Pro, and Dr. Halo file formats
- Many powerful archive operations (including: renaming files in archive, spanning archives, testing archives, viewing and writing comments, installing archives, and checking archives for viruses)
- Drag and Drop from/to Windows Explorer and the Desktop
- Two ways of viewing archives. Classic – all files in the same listing. Explorer – browsing through an archive like folders in Windows Explorer.
- Complete integration with Windows (extracting archives and creating archives directly from Windows Explorer using powerful “Explorer Shell Extensions”)
- Ability to edit files within an archive using one single operation
- Printing file listing to text file or HTML document
- Tool for repairing corrupted ZIP archives
- Converting between file formats (for example: changing a ZIP archive to CAB archive, or LHA archive to ZIP archive)
- Extracting multiple archives at the same time
- Batch Zip function to create multiple different archives at once
- Favorite Folders to quickly locate archives
- Powerful Find function for searching within an archive
- Auto Update to automatically download and install new versions of PowerArchiver
- Powerful help in HTML and a tutorial with pictures for beginners
- Full skinning support via PSF files – includes interface skins, toolbar skins, icons and customizable application settings
- Customizable toolbar that can be docked to any side of the application or float independently
- CRC/Hash check tool – tool provides four methods of CRC/Hash checks of your files with the ability to use separate methods or all of them
- Change password for existing encrypted archives– ability to change the currently set password to an already encrypted file.
- Zip format improvements – save/restore NTFS modified, created, accessed time now available as well as ZIP sym links support
- Ability to change toolbar icons for the Windows Ribbon interface – The Windows Ribbon interface includes beautifully rendered high resolution icons that can now be changed and PowerArchiver 2023 will feature various sets of new icons.
- Zstd support for TAR archives – the TAR format now supports the Zstandard compression algorithm.
- Windows 11 shell improvements – more formats can now be added for compression in Windows 10/11 shell extensions.
- Updated progress bar – PowerArchiver now has progress bar that matches Windows 11 design and looks great.
Bug fixes and improvements
- [PA-3000] – Update 7z.dll to latest version – 21.07
- [PA-2909] – Converting folders with archives does not work when D&D folder to tracklist
- [PA-2998] – extract to filename in win11 shell extension extracts to only one folder when multiple archives selected
- [PA-2997] – starting PDF Encrypt & Sign brings up empty PA 2013 dialog
Bug fixes and improvements
- [PA-2965] – explorer mode: window buttons not seen under 150% dpi
- [PA-2960] – PA not extracting specific AES encrypted archive – extracted by others
- [PA-2953] – Add files dialog not skinned in dark skin tools
- [PA-2963] – when we click ok in patchbeam to exit, PA window goes to background
- [PA-2979] – Portable: Sidebar icons not appearing correctly
- [PA-2978] -Portable: No icons in Encrypt tool and Burner
- [PA-2981] – Portable: Dark skin not appearing correctly in many areas
- [PA-2854] – Caption bar becomes white color when starting PA maximized
Homepage – https://www.powerarchiver.com
PowerArchiver runs great on all Windows versions, from Windows 2000 to Windows 10 and Server 2016, both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Size: 41.8 MB