Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 is a rich, integrated development environment for creating stunning applications for Windows, Android, and iOS, as well as modern web applications and cloud services.
This Visual Studio will allow you to build apps for Android, iOS, and Windows devices. As you design your app, use tools to easily add connected services such as Office 365, Azure Mobile Services, and Application Insights.
If you want to build a game or immersive graphical app, install tools for Unity and enjoy all of the powerful productivity features of Visual Studio 2017 with Unity. It is the popular cross-platform game/graphics engine and development environment for apps that run on iOS, Android, Windows, and other platforms.
Cloud-based collaboration services for version control, agile planning, continuous delivery, and application analytics - for Visual Studio, Eclipse, Xcode or any other IDE or code editor.
Code editing redefined. Build and debug modern web and cloud applications. Code is free and available on your favorite platform - Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux.
Now with XamarinDeliver native Android, iOS, and Windows apps, using existing skills, teams, and code.
Dev EssentialsEverything you need to build and deploy your app on any platform – for FREE.
Enterprise-grade solutions with advanced capabilities for teams working on projects of any size and complexity.
Visual Studio Community
Free full-featured IDE to build rich apps for Android, iOS, Windows, the web, and cloud services.
Microsoft Visual Studio uses Microsoft software development platforms such as Windows API, Windows Forms, Windows Presentation Foundation, Windows Store and Microsoft Silverlight. It can produce both native code and managed code.
Visual Studio includes a code editor supporting IntelliSense (the code completion component) as well as code refactoring. The integrated debugger works both as a source-level debugger and a machine-level debugger.
Other built-in tools include a forms designer for building GUI applications, web designer, class designer, and database schema designer. It accepts plug-ins that enhance the functionality at almost every level. Also includes the adding support for source-control systems (like Subversion) and adding new toolsets like editors and visual designers for domain-specific languages. Or toolsets for other aspects of the software development lifecycle (like the Team Foundation Server client: Team Explorer).
- Fixed C++ compiler bug for proper folding of inline variable dynamic initializers. Ported from the VS 2019 16.0 release.
- Security improvements in vctip.exe.
- A change to enable Enterprise IT administrators and deployment engineers to configure tools like Microsoft Update client & SCCM to determine applicability of VS2017 updates hosted on Microsoft Update Catalog & WSUS.
What’s New in Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 15.9.22:
- VS2017 C++ sometimes set wrong exception frame.
What’s New in Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 15.9.21:
- Fixed a bug where the .NET Profiling tools couldn’t be installed on non-enterprise versions of Visual Studio 2017 when using an offline installer.
- Fixed C++ compiler bug where a static_cast in a decltype would evaluate incorrectly. To minimize disruptions to existing codebases, in VS2017 this fix takes effect when the (newly added) /d1decltypeIdentityConversion switch is thrown.
- New Spectre mitigation options in C++ compiler: /Qspectre-load & /Qspectre-load-cf for speculative load hardening.
What’s New in Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 15.9.20:
- Fixed: SQL server test configuration error
- Fixed SQL server object explorer causing a crash when customers sort data of a table.
What’s New in Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 15.9.19:
- Fixed an issue in C++ optimizer where the impact of writing to unknown memory inside a call wasn’t properly accounted for in the caller.
What’s New in Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 15.9.18:
- Fixed May allow mitigation of a Per-Monitor awareness related crash in Visual Studio
Security Advisory Notices
- Git for Visual Studio Remote Excecution Vulnerability due to too lax restrictions on submodule names
- Git for Visual Studio Remote Excecution Vulnerability due to incorrect quoting of command-line arguments
- Git for Visual Studio Arbitrary File Overwrite Vulnerability due to usage of non-letter drive names during clone
- Git for Visual Studio Remote Excecution Vulnerability due to unawareness of NTFS Alternate Data Streams
- Git for Visual Studio Arbitrary File Overwrite Vulnerability due to not refusing to write out tracked files containing backslashes
- Git for Visual Studio Remote Execution Vulnerability due to too lax validation of submodule names in recursive clones
What’s New in Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 15.9.17:
- NPM Package Elevation of Privilege Vulnerability
What’s New in Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 15.9.16:
- Assembly does not match code for function
- System.InvalidProgramException: Common Language Runtime detected an invalid program. when instrumenting x64 projects
- Cross-EH mode inlining of noexcept code produces unexpected behavior
- Corrected issue with HTML Help Workshop failing to repair.
Security Advisory Notices
- Diagnostics Hub Standard Collector Service Elevation of Privilege Vulnerability
- Denial of Service Vulnerability in .NET Core
Homepage – https://www.visualstudio.com
Visual Studio 2017 System Requirements:
The following products support the minimum system requirements below:
- Visual Studio Enterprise 2017
- Visual Studio Professional 2017
- Visual Studio Community 2017
- Visual Studio Team Explorer 2017
- Visual Studio Test Professional 2017
- Visual Studio Test Agent 2017
- Visual Studio Test Controller 2017
- Visual Studio Team Foundation Server Office Integration 2017
- Visual Studio Feedback Client 2017
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 version 1507 or higher: Home, Professional, Education, and Enterprise (LTSC and S are not supported)
- Windows Server 2016: Standard and Datacenter
- Windows 8.1 (with Update 2919355): Core, Professional, and Enterprise
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (with Update 2919355): Essentials, Standard, Datacenter
- Windows 7 SP1 (with latest Windows Updates): Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate
Size: 1.20 MB