PowerArchiver 2022 is an award-winning archive utility for the Windows family. It provides support for most compressed and encoded files, as well as access to many powerful features and tools through an easy to use interface that seamlessly integrates with Windows Explorer.
PowerArchiver 2022 enables you to create ISO images, either by ripping the CD/DVD/BD with Disc Grabber, or directly with files from your hard disk. With PowerArchiver’s Virtual Drive feature, you can also mount ISO images into Windows so they appear like a normal drive and you can browse inside.
PowerArchiver 2022 offers hundreds of features, yet remains easy to use, small and fast. Novice users will find a familiar interface complete with tutorial and detailed help, while more experienced users can take advantage of full Explorer integration, multiple encryption methods and advanced compression algorithms.
In addition, PowerArchiver 2022 lets you now burn archives, images and any files directly from PowerArchiver or via Explorer Shell Extensions to a CD, DVD or Blu-ray disc. Once you’re done, you can verify the burned files to make sure everything was burned correctly and without errors.
PowerArchiver 2022 creates and works with unlimited size ZIP archives with enhanced ZIP format speed and compression. Password Manager stores your frequently used passwords; encrypts your archives using 5 different methods including 256-bit AES. Back up your work with PowerArchiver’s Auto-Backup tool and FTP support.
PowerArchiver 2021 creates powerful CAB and ZIP self extracting (SFX) archives using a Wizard; a Batch ZIP tool compresses hundreds of files all at once; and a Multi-Extract tool can extract hundreds of archives instantly.
PowerArchiver 2022 Professional is the full set of powerful tools for both power users and companies. Includes PowerArchiver Pro, PowerArchiver Command Line, PowerArchiver for Outlook, PowerArchiver Backup, PowerArchiver Cloud browser and Encryption Suite with OpenPGP.
PowerArchiver 2022 Feature List:
- Complete built-in support for 7-ZIP, ZIP, CAB, LHA (LZH), TAR, TAR.GZ, TAR.BZ2, BH, RAR, ARJ, ARC, ACE, ZOO, GZ, and BZIP2 file formats
- Support for reading and extracting disc image formats: ISO, BIN, IMG and NRG
- Built-in support for XXE, UUE, and yENC encoded files and full MIME (Base 64) support
- Creating ZIP and CAB and PAE encrypted self-extracting archives using a Wizard interface
- Support for unlimited size ZIP archives, with improved performance when working with 100,000+ files
- Support for Deflate64, providing improved compression results (both size and speed)
- Complete support for PKZIP 4.0 and PKZIP 4.5 disk spanning
- Compression Profiles to store frequently used compression settings
- Full support for ZIP AES encryption, 128-bit/192-bit/256-bit (supports: PKZip 5.1 (full), Secure Zip 8.0 and WinZip 9.0 AE-1 and AE-2) and proprietary PAE format using 5 different methods: Blowfish (128-bit), DES (64-bit), Triple DES (128-bit), AES 128-bit, and AES 256-bit
- Support for AES encrypted 7-Zip archives and multivolume 7-Zip archives
- Uploading archives or backups directly to FTP or SFTP (SSH) sites with multiple profiles supported and timeout option
- Password manager for saving frequently used passwords
- Tool for creating PBS backup scripts and running automated backups
- Internal viewer that supports TXT, RTF, GIF, PNG, BMP, ICO, TIFF, GFI, SGI, EMF, WMF, PPM, Adobe Photoshop, Autodesk, Truevision, – ZSoft Paintbrush, Kodak Photo-CD, JASC PaintShop Pro, and Dr. Halo file formats
- Many powerful archive operations (including: renaming files in archive, spanning archives, testing archives, viewing and writing comments, installing archives, and checking archives for viruses)
- Drag and Drop from/to Windows Explorer and the Desktop
- Two ways of viewing archives. Classic – all files in the same listing. Explorer – browsing through an archive like folders in Windows Explorer.
- Complete integration with Windows (extracting archives and creating archives directly from Windows Explorer using powerful “Explorer Shell Extensions”)
- Ability to edit files within an archive using one single operation
- Printing file listing to text file or HTML document
- Tool for repairing corrupted ZIP archives
- Converting between file formats (for example: changing a ZIP archive to CAB archive, or LHA archive to ZIP archive)
- Extracting multiple archives at the same time
- Batch Zip function to create multiple different archives at once
- Favorite Folders to quickly locate archives
- Powerful Find function for searching within an archive
- Auto Update to automatically download and install new versions of PowerArchiver
- Powerful help in HTML and a tutorial with pictures for beginners
- Full skinning support via PSF files – includes interface skins, toolbar skins, icons and customizable application settings
- Customizable toolbar that can be docked to any side of the application or float independently
Bug fixes and improvements
- [PA-2965] – explorer mode: window buttons not seen under 150% dpi
- [PA-2960] – PA not extracting specific AES encrypted archive – extracted by others
- [PA-2953] – Add files dialog not skinned in dark skin tools
- [PA-2963] – when we click ok in patchbeam to exit, PA window goes to background
- [PA-2979] – Portable: Sidebar icons not appearing correctly
- [PA-2978] -Portable: No icons in Encrypt tool and Burner
- [PA-2981] – Portable: Dark skin not appearing correctly in many areas
- [PA-2854] – Caption bar becomes white color when starting PA maximized
Bug fixes and improvements
- Office Tools can’t start, error on start
- Extra PowerArchiver item in shell extensions
- Virtual Drive not working
- Starting PA in full screen shows black line on left side
- Interface not working correctly when starting PA in full screen
- Windows 11 support and optimizations – PowerArchiver 2022 is fully optimized to work and look great on Windows 11 with maximum support for the Windows 11 interface that includes high DPI support.
- Support for new Windows 11 Shell extensions – Optimized shell extension use in the new Windows 11 OS. Shell extensions appear immediately and conveniently accessed.
- New contextual tabs – PowerArchiver 2022 adds new archive, explorer and sharing contextual tabs in the Ribbon interface for easier access to frequently used options when working with files or archives.
- New Dark and Light skins – new and improved dark and light skins designed to support the Windows 11 interface and offer high DPI support.
- New menu for applications access – access PowerArchiver applications with even more convenience from a new applications menu on the left side that features a new Recent/Favorite Files option. Faster and more convenient file and archive management.
- [PA-2892] – Improved Support for S3 Object Storage
- [PA-2783] – TXT preview does not work in preview window when opening archive in explorer mode
- [PA-2787] – Scroll bar stops working correctly in tab preview after specific use
- [PA-2861] – Converting to Zip(Default) in converter converts to zipx instead of zip format
- [PA-2862] – Downloaded Skin does not appear correctly when first applied, until restarting PA
- [PA-2867] – About screen shows unregistered in Modern interface
- [PA-2868] – shell extensions extract additional folders in specific archives
- [PA-2869] – App skins do not update until 2nd restart of PowerArchiver
- [PA-2871] – Portable: Ribbon interface skin does not appear correctly
- [PA-2872] – Span options not working correctly for PA format in Main PA and Backup
- [PA-2873] – Cannot test larger 7z archives – progress dialog freezes
- [PA-2874] – EXE files inside specific tar.xz extract at 0 file size
- [PA-2877] – Dark letters in About and File sections in Modern Dark interface
- [PA-2881] – Cannot log out of google drive in Cloud component
- [PA-2882] – Email log setup password visible
- [PA-2883] – Amazon S3 Cloud login information not saved
- [PA-2884] – Amazon s3 cloud account key is visible in cloud configuration menu
- [PA-2885] – Modern Interface: help always show unregistered
- [PA-2886] – Security Vulnerability addressed in PowerArchiver
- [PA-2887] – Archive comment window cannot be closed in PA interface when set to appear when opening archives
- [PA-2888] – PA does not report error when online registration can not reach server due to firewall in latest Windows Update
- [PA-2890] – Force Unicode not working properly – file names in archives not appearing correctly
- [PA-2891] – VSS extensions field not showing in backup
- [PA-2893] – Toolbar not showing properly in FTP in Classic and Ribbon
- [PA-2895] – Improved handling of drag and drop mechanics and folder display in Clouds app
- (PA-2571) unchecking Use Normal Relative path in config is not working properly
- (PA-2843) Closing opened archive inside an archive closes complete archive when tabs disabled
- (PA-2840) PA extracts all files/folder from 7z/PA archives
- (PA-2836) Explorer.exe random crashing
- (PA-2839) Check for new version not working
- (PA-2834) Backup: Deflate method creates .zipx files
- (PA-2832) Not all archives that are queued in queue list are compressed
- (PA-2827) Backup: Expand Method dropdown so that new method can fit for translations
- (PA-2826) Clouds to not appear in backup dropdown list in cloud tab
- (PA-2829) Extracting multi volume archives does not work
- (PA-2820) APK and other ZIP container files not compressed to PA format properly
- (PA-2821) Renaming files inside PA archives changes date
- PowerArchiver Cloud is now fully integrated into panel view inside the PowerArchiver application for more convenient file management.
- We have improved our caching system for cloud, so when you have >100,000 of files there, you will be able to browse them much, much faster.
- Significantly improved download/upload speeds when using cloud.
- Improved support for Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive (v3 API), Box – Cloud support for Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, Box, has been updated and improved.
- New support for Hidrive, Yandex Disk – PowerArchiver Cloud will support Hidrive and Yandex Disk in PowerArchiver 2021.
- Support for Downloading/Uploading folders – PowerArchiver can download/upload full folders now.
- Drag and Drop support – Drag and Drop your files/folders from the cloud directly into opened archives or hard drive.
Homepage – https://www.powerarchiver.com
PowerArchiver runs great on all Windows versions, from Windows 2000 to Windows 10 and Server 2016, both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Size: 40.8 MB