It can backup your data and reduce size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from Internet and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format. The archiver puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression.
By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disc space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well. WinRAR is ideal for multimedia files. It automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method.
The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well. RAR files can usually compress content by 8% to 15% more than ZIP files can.
Features of WinRAR:
- Compression. WinRAR products are the best and fastest compression tools on the market. RAR or Zip your files, to protect, organize and share them safely and securely.
- Encryption. Military-grade AES 256-bit encryption technology that password protects archives including all metadata.
- RAR Files. WinRAR is the only software that can create RAR archives and offers a number of advanced features such as multivolume archives, tight compression and a recovery record.
- Password Manager. Integrated password manager assists in keeping track of difficult and hard to remember passwords for password protected archives.
- Perpetual License. Perpetual license model, valid for a lifetime. No subscription.
- Recovery Record. WinRAR products allow you to recover damaged files.
- Split Archives. Split archives into smaller, more manageable files.
- Backup. Advanced backup options, time-stamped files and previous file version retention.
- Drag-and-drop. Fully supported drag-and-drop functionality.
- Language Version. WinRAR products are available in over 50 languages.
- Virus Scan. Built-in virus scanner prevents corrupted archives from being unpacked.
- Multivolume Archives. Complete support for multivolume archives and the creation of self-extracting (SFX) archives.
- Unicode. Supports Unicode file names.
- Compliance. Admin controls allow complete control over passwords, prevents accidental modification of archives and protects data.
Changes in Version 6.23:
- Added extraction of XZ archives utilizing ARM64 filter.
- Rar$LS* temporary files, created when extracting or testing multiple archives from Windows context menu, are now deleted immediately. Previously they were deleted only on next WinRAR runs and only if they were at least 1 hour old.
- Bugs fixed:
- a security issue involving out of bounds write is fixed in RAR4 recovery volumes processing code. We are thankful to goodbyeselene working with Trend Micro Zero Day Initiative for letting us know about this bug;
- WinRAR could start a wrong file after a user double clicked an item in a specially crafted archive. We are thankful to Andrey Polovinkin from Group-IB Threat Intelligence unit for letting us know about this bug;
- if both NTFS and Unix time extra fields were available for a file in ZIP archive, extraction command ignored the second extra field even if it provided more time fields than first one;
- interface themes were applied to archive icons even if “Apply to archive icons” option in “Organize themes” dialog was turned off.
Changes in Version 6.22:
- extracting individual files from solid archives created by RAR versions older than 2.0, could fail in v6.20 and 6.21. It didn’t affect extracting the entire archive, which was performed correctly;
- files in Unix ARJ archives could be erroneously displayed as folders in WinRAR file list;
- “Display files in Explorer” extraction option was ignored if “When done: Close WinRAR” option was also set and archive was opened in app before extracting;
- file size value in the internal viewer status bar didn’t include the byte order mask field, displaying a smaller than actual size for Unicode files.
Homepage – https://www.win-rar.com
WinRAR is Windows 11 and Windows 10 compatible, available in over 50 languages in both 32bit and 64bit and several operating systems (OS) and the only compression software that is fully accepted in all countries using Unicode.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Server 2012, 2016, 2019, 2022.
Size: 3.16 MB