ABBYY Lingvo X6 Translation Dictionary is a dictionary application that lets you translate words, expand your vocabulary and master foreign languages. It contains trusted dictionaries for up to 19 languages, including German, Spanish, Italian, and English.
ABBYY Lingvo also contains the Oxford Dictionary of English and the Collins Cobuild Advanced Learners Dictionary with up-to-date English vocabulary.
Furthermore, ABBYY Lingvo X6 includes the subject dictionaries of engineering, economics, computer and medicine terms, and others.
There are the idiomatic dictionaries, phrase books and dictionaries of English slang and colloquialisms too. The search bar lets you get translations faster – it will display suggestions as you type, just like in search engines. You can view pop-up translations in other apps: just aim the pointer at a word in a PDF file, an e-mail message or a website.
ABBYY Lingvo allows you to listen to pronunciations of words recorded by native speakers. Check verb tenses, grasp meanings of idioms and expressions and get usage examples of words.
ABBYY Lingvo X6 Features:
- Translate words into 19 languages. Translate from English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Greek, Finnish, Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Kazakh, Tatar, Polish, Hungarian, Danish, Norwegian and Latin into Russian and back.
- New transparent interface. Get meanings of words in seconds via the new interface. The window with entries now has its own search bar, which works just like that one of popular search engines: it offers autocompletion suggestions when you misspell a word.
- Trusted dictionaries. Take advantage of general translation and specialized dictionaries, phrasebooks and dictionaries of phraseology and slang in 19 languages. Get translations of words, synonyms, and antonyms, and grasp meanings of idioms and set expressions. Usage examples will help you choose the best translation option.
- Specialized dictionaries. Get the correct translation of industry-specific terms by looking up specialized dictionaries of law, economics, finances, marketing, banking, business, mechanical engineering, construction and architecture, oil and gas, chemistry, medicine, biology and other areas.
- Pop-up translations. Get pop-up translations by aiming the pointer at words on websites, images, in e-mail messages, video subtitles and PDF files. The pop-up translation window has a button that lets you quickly add this word to ABBYY Tutor, a vocabulary building app.
- Grammar lessons from Oxford. Improve your English with Oxford “Test it, Fix it” grammar lessons for pre-intermediate and intermediate learners. Based on learning from fixing your own mistakes, they are especially well-suited for independent study. You choose a theme, complete a lesson of multiple-choice questions and then check your answers. Every lesson comes with a handy grammar reference, allowing you to fix any incorrect answer and progress from your mistakes.
- Vocabulary building app. Expand your vocabulary by regularly completing quick exercises with ABBYY Tutor. These lessons can help you memorize meaning, spelling and pronunciation of new words. Make your studies more effective by setting up your own exercise schedule. ABBYY Tutor offers ready-to-use vocabulary lists containing frequently used words in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese. These learning lists cover a wide range of topics, including business, sight-seeing and shopping.
- Other features for learning languages. Listen to pronunciations of words recorded by native speakers of English, French, German, Spanish and Russian. Check verb tenses using tables of inflected forms. Look up words in the Collins Cobuild Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, which contains usage examples and additional information on grammar, usage frequency, and synonyms. Use the English grammar reference.
ABBYY Lingvo X6 also is available for Mac OS, Windows 8 Touch, Android, iOS and Windows Phone.
Homepage – https://www.abbyy.com
Size: 481 MB