Microsoft SQL Server 2008 lets your organization manage any data, any place, any time.
Store data from structured, semi-structured, and unstructured documents, such as images and rich media, directly within the database.
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 delivers a rich set of integrated services that enable you to do more with your data such as query, search, synchronize, report, and analyze.
Microsof SQL Server 2008 provides the highest levels of security, reliability, and scalability for your business-critical applications.
To take advantage of new opportunities in today’s fast-moving business world, companies need the ability to create and deploy data-driven solutions quickly. SQL Server 2008 reduces time and cost of management and development of applications.
Access data from across your enterprise and provide control over your data no matter where it’s stored – from the largest servers within the data center to desktops to mobile devices.
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 provides a comprehensive platform that delivers intelligence where your users want it. Information workers can access data directly using the tools they use every day, such as the 2007 Microsoft Office system.
SQL Server 2008 enables data to be consumed from custom applications developed using Microsoft .NET and Visual Studio and from within service-oriented architectures (SOA) and business processes through Microsoft BizTalk Server.
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Solutions:
- Business Intelligence. SQL Server 2008 provides a scalable business intelligence platform optimized for data integration, reporting, and analysis, enabling organizations to deliver intelligence where users want it.
- Virtualization and Server Consolidation. Server virtualization, also known as hardware virtualization, is a hot topic in the IT world because it can provide dramatic cost savings while enhancing a company’s agility.
- Server Consolidation. Read about how SQL Server 2008 reduces hardware and maintenance costs by providing a flexible server consolidation solution with enterprise-class manageability and performance.
- OLTP. SQL Server 2008 provides a scalable, high performance database engine for mission-critical applications that require the highest levels of availability and security, while reducing the total cost of ownership through enhanced enterprise-class manageability.
- Data Warehousing. SQL Server 2008 provides a comprehensive and scalable data warehouse platform that enables organizations to integrate data into the data warehouse faster, scale and manage growing volumes of data and users, while delivering insights to all users.
- Application Development. SQL Server 2008 is at the heart of a comprehensive data programmability platform that enables you to access and manipulate business-critical data from a variety of diverse devices, platforms, and data.
What’s New in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 3:
- Enhanced upgrade experience. In addition, has been increased the performance and reliability of the setup experience.
- In SQL Server Integration Services logs will now show the total number of rows sent in Data Flows.
- Enhanced warning messages when creating the maintenance plan if the Shrink Database option is enabled.
- Resolving database issue with transparent data encryption enabled and making it available even if certificate is dropped.
- Optimized query outcomes when indexed Spatial Data Type column is referenced by DTA (Database Tuning Advisor).
- Superior user experience with Sequence Functions (e.g Row_Numbers()) in a Parallel execution plan.
Homepage – https://www.microsoft.com
Size: 304 MB