Xlight FTP server is a high performance and easy to use server with very small program size. Its unique network algorithm allows to handle more users and use much less memory and CPU resources than other ftp servers.
Xlight ftp server has many unique and useful features, such as the native ftp users isolation. So that system administrator won’t need to worry about locking user in his home directory. In addition, Xlight ftp server can run multiple virtual servers on the same IP address.
Xlight FTP Server has three editions – personal, standard, professional.
The Personal edition is free for personal use and home users.
Xlight ftp server main features:
- System Service. It can run as window system service.
- Hierarchy Virtual Paths. FTP server has public and group paths, which make access control and permission management easier.
- GUI based Remote Administration. You can securely administrate Xlight FTP server from anywhere.
- 128 bits SSL. FTP sessions can be protected by industry security standard. Support SSL client authentication.
- Support SFTP (SSH2) protocol. SFTP server can be created and managed the same way as FTP virtual server.
- Store users in the database. User settings and password can be stored in the external database and retrieved through ODBC connections.
- Store file transfer logs in the database. File transfer logs can be stored in the external database through ODBC.
- Email Event Notification. Automatically notify events happened in the ftp server by email. Such events include file upload, download, delete and disk space low etc.
- Active Directory. Users can be authenticated against Active Directory. Settings of ftp users can be stored in the Active Directory.
- Support LDAP. Users can be authenticated against the LDAP directory Server. Settings of ftp users can be stored in the LDAP directory server.
- Support UPnP. Configuring ftp server behind the UPnP broadband router becomes much easier.
- UNC Path Impersonation. FTP server can use the impersonation account to access password protected network shares.
- Advanced Configuration Management. Configuration changes will take place in real-time, without restarting the ftp server.
- Advanced Access Control. Provides many methods to control user’s access right.
- Advanced Bandwidth Control. Bandwidth can be fine-tuned by different virtual servers, groups and users level or scheduled by time range.
- Auto Block IPs. It can prevent server from hammers or malicious behaviors.
- Deny or Allow IPs. It can deny or allow user’s access by his ip address.
- Login Time Control. It can control login period by each user.
- File Access Control. It can control user only downloading or uploading certain files.
- Detail Server Status. It has detailed bandwidth usage and user connections information, download and upload status.
- Server Log. It has detailed logs for recording users’ activities and server errors.
- Send log to Syslog server. All server logs can be sent to Syslog server at the same time.
- xferlog Support. Support writing ftp transfer log in UNIX ftp xferlog format.
- Anti Leech Support. Support anti-leech function to prevent unauthorized people from leeching ftp links.
- MODE Z Support. Support real time data compression during the data transfer.
- UFT-8 Support. Support OPTS UTF8 command to turn on and off UTF-8 encoding.
- IPv6 Support. IPv6 is seamlessly integrated in all server functions.