Wing FTP Server is a professional cross-platform FTP Server featuring speed, reliability, user-friendly and customization. It has Real-Time Information function, letting you monitor your FTP server in real time, keeping an eye on each user connected to the server and collecting detailed information about them.
Wing FTP Server includes a new set of advanced tools (Administrator Console, Task Scheduler, Web based Remote Control), scripts support let users extend the Server by Lua language, Virtual Directories for easy sharing files and directories, and ratio, disk quota system for controlling how much an user or a group uploads and downloads.
The Wing FTP Server is a multi-protocol file server for Windows, Linux, Mac, freeBSD and Solaris.
Also offers Email Notification and Event Manager, allowing the program to respond to different events, such as file upload or download by sending a default notification email to the administrator automatically.
Wing FTP Server supports the following protocols:
- FTP (File Transfer Protocol)
- HTTP (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol)
- FTPS (FTP over SSL)
- HTTPS (HTTP over SSL)
- SFTP using SSH2 (File Transfer over Secure Shell)
Wing FTP Server Features:
- Cross Platform. You can run the server on Windows, Linux, Mac, freeBSD and Solaris.
- Multi-Protocols. Support FTP, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, and SSH.
- Web based Administration. Administrate your server from anytime and anywhere.
- Web based Client. Access your files from anytime and anywhere.
- Administrator Console. A powerful tool for administrator like Unix Shell.
- Task Scheduler. Manage your Lua Scripts task to take an action at a specified time.
- Programmable Event Manager. Run your Lua Scripts,send email, or execute third party software.
- Database Storage. Database storage of accounts information via ODBC or MySQL directly.
- Application Programming Interface. Provide a lot of API that can be called in Lua Scripts.
- Virtual Directories. Share files and directories easy.
- Real-Time Information. Give you the ability to monitor your FTP server in real-time. You can monitor each user connected to your server and gather detailed information about them (download speed, last command, idle time).
- Multi-Language. Now support English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese.
- MODE Z. Faster data transfers through data compression.
- Advanced Security. Multiple mechanisms are implemented to tighten accounts security.
- IP based access. Choose who can and who can not connect to your server (user account or server level).
- Maximum connections limitation (IP, domain, user). Manage your network and system resources efficiently.
- Custom commands and messages definition. Expand available commands and messages in your FTP Server and customize it to your needs.
- Time of day access. Schedule your bandwidth usage per day, per week, or per month.
- …and much more!
The Wing FTP Server is available in three different versions designed to meet the various needs of today’s server administrators. Standard Edition with the core tools and features. Secure Edition which adds support for SSH and SSL. Corporate Edition for use by medium to large corporations with high volume file server traffic.
Changes in Wing FTP Server 6.4.4 (2020-10-19):
- Fixed a bug – Invalid modified date of existed file may cause service crash.
- Fixed a bug – When downloading file with Safari, non-English file name might be URL encoded.
- Fixed a bug – WingFTP service will hang and won’t accept any connection under some system.
- Improvement – Added a server variable “%Protocol” – The protocol type of current session.
- Improvement – Add persistent confirmation to “File Upload Request” feature.
- Improvement – Possible to change the supported SSH host key algorithms.
Changes in Wing FTP Server 6.4.3 (2020-09-24):
- Fixed a bug – When port is used by other program under certain OS, many repeated domain logs will generate or WingFTP service will freeze.
- Fixed a bug – When running Wing Gateway on the same machine, the connection from local machine might not be handled properly.
- Added a domain option “Overwrite the existed file when uploading file via file request link”.
Changes in Wing FTP Server 6.4.2 (2020-09-14):
- Fixed a bug – When removing subfolder under web client, the disk quota won’t be decreased.
- Improvement – Limit simultaneous time-consuming operations (Zip/Unzip/Copy) by the worker threads number.
- Improvement – Use multi-threads to send email (includes Lua API) to avoid blocking.
- Improvement – Set the default worker threads into 8, and max worker threads can be 256 now.
- Improvement – With the new version of Google Chrome, the time picker and email input box can’t work correctly.
Changes in Wing FTP Server 6.4.1 (2020-08-18):
- Fixed a bug – The tray application will popup an error message “Access is denied”.
- Improvement – Improved the Korean language translation.
- Improvement – Updated libssh to the latest version for improving SFTP server stability.
- Improvement – Allowed different client IP for the FTP PORT command, in local area network.
Changes in Wing FTP Server 6.4.0 (2020-07-14):
- Improvement – Enhanced the listing performance of Audit Report.
- Improvement – Now the web client will remember the column width of List View.
- Fixed a bug – When compressing a folder under web client, if the folder includes file with Chinese (or non-English) filename, it will fail.
- Improvement – Improved the search file speed under web client.
- Fixed a bug – Can’t add Wing Gateway with IP address “127.0.0.1”.
Changes in Wing FTP Server 6.3.9 (2020-06-29):
- Fixed a bug – The tray application will stop working when binding web admin’s listener on a LAN IP.
- Fixed a bug – The new added listener will always be green mark even the listener port is not available.
- Fixed a bug – Fixed a possible crash when removing the running Wing Gateway node.
- Improvement – Now will use SHA-256 hash by default for the admin/user password.
- Improvement – Now will log banned IP attempts for the HTTP/HTTPS protocols.
Changes in Wing FTP Server 6.3.8 (2020-06-18):
- Added PDF viewer in the web client, now you can view the PDF file online by double-clicking it.
- Fixed a bug – The upload link won’t be deleted when removing a folder.
- Fixed a bug – The upload link won’t be deleted when renaming a folder.
- Other minor improvements, like read-only admin permission changes.
Changes in Wing FTP Server 6.3.7 (2020-06-05):
- Improvement – When auto-forwarding active mode ports with Wing Gateway, the socket resources won’t release quickly.
- Improvement – Supported for handling FTP command “QUIT” before login or during data transferring.
- Improvement – When making weblink/upload link, it will popup an error message if exceeding disk quota.
- Improvement – Can’t send weblink for a folder under mobile UI of the Web Client.
- Improvement – Increased the max lines of the domain logs which displayed under “Domain > Logs & Status > Domain Log”.
Changes in Wing FTP Server 6.3.6 (2020-05-28):
- Fixed a bug – Copy files/folders under web client, won’t increase disk quota.
- Fixed a bug – Disk quota doesn’t change correctly when removing some folder (or unzip file).
- Fixed a bug – The domain log includes a wrong session ID, when download/upload a file in web client.
- Fixed a bug – When download file via a weblink, the transfer quota won’t increase.
Changes in Wing FTP Server 6.3.5 (2020-05-20):
- Improvement – Now you can create a weblink for a subfolder, also updated the plugin “Send Files”.
- Improvement – When using Zip function for a subfolder, now will check the banned files inside also.
- Fixed a bug – Can’t remove download/upload link under web admin if the weblink file was deleted manually.
- Fixed a bug – When uploaded a very small file, the thumbnail and upload-link data won’t update correctly.
- Fixed a bug – Sometimes the version number will be empty in New Version Reminder.
Changes in Wing FTP Server 6.3.4 (2020-05-12):
- Improvement – Can search by the full file path in the audit report, when action is “Create Dir”, “Delete Dir”, “Rename”.
- Improvement – Now enable FIPS 140-2 and disable TLS 1.0/1.1 by default.
- Improvement – Improved the mobile UI of upload/download link page.
- Fixed a bug – After logout the HTTPS version of the web client, then can’t login the HTTP version of the web client.
Changes in Wing FTP Server 6.3.3 (2020-04-30):
- Fixed a bug – Fixed a possible crash when handling AES-CTR keys with SFTP client.
- Fixed a bug – When enable Directory List Cache, it won’t cache the directory list when using UNC path as home folder.
- Fixed a bug – When enable timeout for transfer connection, FTP passive data connection might be closed if listing takes long time.
- Fixed a bug – FTP Rush App (Android/iOS) can’t connect to the server via HTTP protocol.
Changes in Wing FTP Server 6.3.2 (2020-04-20):
- Fixed a bug – The download/upload speed information might be incorrect under domain status.
- Improvement – Added a list field “whether expired” under weblink/upload link manager.
- Improvement – In the AD/LDAP user mapping, the wildcard “*” is supported for the AD/LDAP username.
- Improvement – Added an option “Keep WebLink when file is deleted or renamed” under domain settings.
- Fixed a bug – If the option “Need to change the password on the first logon” is enabled, the AD/LDAP user will be forced to change his password.
Changes in Wing FTP Server 6.3.0 (2020-04-14):
- Fixed a bug – Some SFTP client software (like WinSCP) has an issue “Remote side unexpectedly closed network connection”.
- Improvement – Now you can change the listener address for web admin, under “Administration > Settings > Listener > Listener Address”.
- Improvement – Changed the default value of the option “Server > Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous > User can change file’s modification time”.
- Improvement – Changed the default value of the option “Domain > Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous > Enable FTP command ‘OPTS UTF8 ON'”.
Changes in Wing FTP Server 6.2.9 (2020-04-03):
- Supported HTTP welcome message, you can define the message under “Domain > Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous”.
- Fixed a bug – The server logs might be wrong for the SFTP “SSH_FXP_ATTRS” response.
- Improvement – Added a variable “%WebLink” for getting the ID of Weblink or Upload link.
Changes in Wing FTP Server 6.2.8 (2020-03-24):
- Fixed a bug – SFTP debug logs won’t be written correctly, this bug was introduced in recent version.
- Fixed a bug – When upload small files via a file request link, some UploadLink sessions will always exist.
- Fixed a bug – When upload multiple files via a file request link, the audit report shows the wrong filename.
- Improvement – If you use tray application, Windows IE may cache thousands of files like “keeplive.html?r=xxx”.
- Fixed a bug – In the web client, when removing files by multi-files operation, it will always show OK even have no permission.
- Fixed a bug – Fixed a few issues under “Web Admin > Domain > Logs & Status > Graphs”.
Changes in Wing FTP Server 6.2.7 (2020-03-10):
- Fixed a possible CSRF vulnerability under the web administration.
- Fixed a possible CSRF vulnerability under the web client.
- When uploading multiple files in the web client, some variable lile “%PathName” will be incorrect in the event OnFileUploaded.
- The uploaded file information will be wrong in the audit database, if you upload multiple files via a file request link.
- Added CTRL key suppport – For the multi-file operation in the web client, now you can hold CTRL key and click files you want to select.
- Disabled the SFTP cipher “diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256” by default.
Changes in Wing FTP Server 6.2.6 (2020-03-03):
- Changed the permissions for the folder “session” and “session_admin”, Linux/Mac/Solaris user may launch the setup script “./setup.sh” again.
- Added a feature – Added Automatic Crash Recovery feature for Windows version.
- Added a feature – Added New Version Reminder feature in the web administration.
- Improvement – Updated the Help Manual for the web client.
Homepage – https://www.wftpserver.com
- Windows 7, 8, 10,
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019.
- Mac OS X 10.5+ (including Catalina)
- Linux OS: Ubuntu 12+, CentOS 7.0+, Red Hat RHEL 7.0+…
Size: 14.4 MB
Wing FTP Server is distributed under shareware license. You can download and evaluate fully functional trial version for 30 days. After 30 days, you can continue use WingFTP as Free edition for non-commercial use. If you need more features available in Standard/Secure/Corporate edition, please purchase a license and register it.