Wing FTP Server is a professional cross-platform FTP Server featuring speed, reliability, user-friendly and customization. It has Real-Time Information function, letting you monitor your FTP server in real time, keeping an eye on each user connected to the server and collecting detailed information about them.
Wing FTP Server includes a new set of advanced tools (Administrator Console, Task Scheduler, Web based Remote Control), scripts support let users extend the Server by Lua language, Virtual Directories for easy sharing files and directories, and ratio, disk quota system for controlling how much an user or a group uploads and downloads.
The Wing FTP Server is a multi-protocol file server for Windows, Linux, Mac, freeBSD and Solaris.
Also offers Email Notification and Event Manager, allowing the program to respond to different events, such as file upload or download by sending a default notification email to the administrator automatically.
Wing FTP Server supports the following protocols:
- FTP (File Transfer Protocol)
- HTTP (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol)
- FTPS (FTP over SSL)
- HTTPS (HTTP over SSL)
- SFTP using SSH2 (File Transfer over Secure Shell)
Wing FTP Server Features:
- Cross Platform. You can run the server on Windows, Linux, Mac, freeBSD and Solaris.
- Multi-Protocols. Support FTP, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, and SSH.
- Web based Administration. Administrate your server from anytime and anywhere.
- Web based Client. Access your files from anytime and anywhere.
- Administrator Console. A powerful tool for administrator like Unix Shell.
- Task Scheduler. Manage your Lua Scripts task to take an action at a specified time.
- Programmable Event Manager. Run your Lua Scripts,send email, or execute third party software.
- Database Storage. Database storage of accounts information via ODBC or MySQL directly.
- Application Programming Interface. Provide a lot of API that can be called in Lua Scripts.
- Virtual Directories. Share files and directories easy.
- Real-Time Information. Give you the ability to monitor your FTP server in real-time. You can monitor each user connected to your server and gather detailed information about them (download speed, last command, idle time).
- Multi-Language. Now support English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese.
- MODE Z. Faster data transfers through data compression.
- Advanced Security. Multiple mechanisms are implemented to tighten accounts security.
- IP based access. Choose who can and who can not connect to your server (user account or server level).
- Maximum connections limitation (IP, domain, user). Manage your network and system resources efficiently.
- Custom commands and messages definition. Expand available commands and messages in your FTP Server and customize it to your needs.
- Time of day access. Schedule your bandwidth usage per day, per week, or per month.
- …and much more!
The Wing FTP Server is available in three different versions designed to meet the various needs of today’s server administrators. Standard Edition with the core tools and features. Secure Edition which adds support for SSH and SSL. Corporate Edition for use by medium to large corporations with high volume file server traffic.
Changes in Wing FTP Server 6.6.3 (2021-10-11):
- Improvement – Add a domain option “TLS session timeout” for TLS session resumption.
- Fixed a bug – Fixed a potential XSS vulnerability in the web client.
- Improvement – Sort up/Sort down icon will disappear when refreshing or changing the directory.
- Improvement – Updated the Help Document for the web client.
Changes in Wing FTP Server 6.6.2 (2021-09-14):
- Improvement – Updated OpenSSL and fixed a few OpenSSL vulnerabilities like CVE-2020-1971, CVE-2021-3712.
- Fixed a bug – When downloading a file in the web client, it will always finish downloading even exceeding disk quota or transfer limitation.
- Fixed a bug – The console application (wftpconsole) can’t work correctly, this bug was introduced in v6.5.6.
- Fixed a bug – When uploading an entire folder in the web client, it will always show OK even have no “Create Folder” permission.
- Improvement – When uploading files in the web client, now it will popup an error message if exceeding disk quota or transfer limitation.
Changes in Wing FTP Server 6.6.1 (2021-08-31):
- Added a feature – Now support two-factor authentication (TOTP) for the web client.
- Improvement – When login the SFTP server with the recent version of Filezilla (or putty), can’t show the file listing if the remote folder includes thousands of files.
- Improvement – For Web Client Zip/Unzip function, now use UTF-8 encoding for the internal filenames, to solve the garbled filenames issue for some file archiver.
- Improvement – The weblink download will be considered as a web session, then total session number can be limited under domain settings.
- Fixed a bug – When upload a banned file in the web client, the progress bar will always be displayed (won’t disappear).
- Improvement – Updated libssh to the latest version.
Changes in Wing FTP Server 6.5.9 (2021-08-11):
- Fixed a bug – Can not get the server variable “%PathName” and “%FileName” in the SSH event “BeforeFileUploaded”.
- Improvement – Linux/Unix sftp might return an error “Received message too long” when the remote folder includes 900+ files and each file has a long filename.
- Improvement – Added a system option “Restrict a user session to a single IP address”. When the client IP changes frequently, you may consider to disable it.
- Improvement – When the server time is incorrect, the HTTP(S) login page might be refreshed always.
- Improvement – Updated Bootstrap and jQuery libraries into the latest version.
Changes in Wing FTP Server 6.5.8 (2021-07-14):
- Fixed a bug – The online editor in the web client won’t prompt on close when file content is modified.
- Fixed a bug – When turn on the domain option “Redirect HTTP to HTTPS automatically”, the weblink of a folder can’t redirect correctly.
- Fixed a bug – When enable the option “Using Windows NTFS permissions for the home directory” for Windows/AD authentication, the mapped local user’s folder permissions will be ignored.
Changes in Wing FTP Server 6.5.7 (2021-06-18):
- Added a Firefox extension “Wing Download Manager”, for downloading multiple files/folders in the web client.
- Improvement – For the time parameter of the FTP command “MFMT/MFCT/MFF”, now it will be as a UTC time.
- Improvement – Added a download button under image viewer interface in web client.
Changes in Wing FTP Server 6.5.6 (2021-05-31):
- Improvement – Uploading files/folder intermittently freezes in Google Chrome version 91.0.4472.77.
- Improvement – Improved the sending file interface for mobile version web client, and now you can specify a password for the weblink.
- Fixed a bug – When sending weblink of a folder under mobile version web client, the generated weblink won’t work.
Changes in Wing FTP Server 6.5.5 (2021-05-24):
- Added a feature – Now you can upload an entire folder in the web client.
- Improvement – “Search” function under “Domain -> Users” will list all the matched users now, you can use wildcard character “*” for username.
- Improvement – “Search” function under “Domain -> Groups” will list all the matched groups now, you can use “*” for the group name.
Changes in Wing FTP Server 6.5.4 (2021-05-12):
- Improvement – Added a column “File” (the last accessed file) under “Domain > Logs & Status > Activity”.
- Improvement – Will ignore max session number limitation if the current session’s IP is in the whitelist.
- Added a feature – Added an option “Kill the sessions from the same IP address” under “Domain > Logs & Status > Activity > Kick a session”.
- Fixed a bug – When downloading folders with Chrome extension, the hidden files will still be listed, even if the user option “Show files/dirs with hidden attribute” is disabled.
- Fixed a bug – For the Linux version, when creating weblink/upload link without expiration date, the weblink in Weblink Manager still shows “Expired”.
- Fixed a bug – When kicking a session with “Disable user account” option, the user account will still be enabled actually.
- Fixed a bug – Can’t stop the WingFTP service by Linux command “/etc/init.d/wftpserver stop”, when service is started by the systemd startup script “wftpserver.service”.
- Improvement – Removed the functions “Broadcast”, “Chat” and “Send message to user” under “Domain > Logs & Status > Activity”.
- Improvement – Removed the option “Domain > Settings > General Settings > Data Transfer Limit > Weblink options -> Maximum Speed”, you can use the above option “Maximum download speed per session” instead.
Homepage – https://www.wftpserver.com
- Windows 7, 8, 10, 11
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019, 2022.
- Mac OS X 10.5+ (including Catalina)
- Linux OS: Ubuntu 12+, CentOS 7.0+, Red Hat RHEL 7.0+…
Size: 14.0 MB
Wing FTP Server is distributed under shareware license. You can download and evaluate fully functional trial version for 30 days. After 30 days, you can continue use WingFTP as Free edition for non-commercial use. If you need more features available in Standard/Secure/Corporate edition, please purchase a license and register it.