WinGate Proxy Server is a sophisticated integrated Internet gateway and communications server designed to meet the control, security and communications needs of today’s businesses.
In addition to a comprehensive range of features, WinGate Proxy Server’s license options provide you the flexibility to match your needs to your budget, whether you need to manage an enterprise, small business, or home network.
WinGate will share most types of Internet connections effortlessly. It allows multiple users to simultaneously surf the web, retrieve their email. Also they able to chat with online messaging, as if they were directly connected to the Internet.
Whether it is a simple dialup modem or hi-tech broadband solution, WinGate can help to make the most out of the connection.
WinGate will handle requests from a wide variety of Web applications and Internet protocols. Such as Web browsers, Messaging software, FTP and SSL. WinGate also supports DirectPlay Internet games and Real Time Streaming Audio/Video.
With WinGate’s user database and policies, parents and administrators alike can limit and control users access to the web. That lets you easily examine the logging, auditing, and a real time activity and history viewer – detailed records of user activities. This makes WinGate an ideal choice for Internet cafes and network administrators who work in environments where need to monitor closely Internet access needs.
WinGate comes complete with a built in firewall t. It ensure that each Internet connection is safe from attacks by hackers and intruders from the Internet. Your network safety can be further enhanced with optional plug-in components, available seperately, which will scan incoming data for viruses, or filter out inappropriate content. This gives peace of mind to both parents and network administrators, so that you can be sure that your family or co-workers are using the Internet appropriately.
WinGate Key Functions:
- Provide secure and managed Internet access for your entire network via a single or multiple shared internet connections
- Enforce advanced and flexible access-control and acceptable use policies
- Monitor usage in real time, and maintain per-user and per-service audit logs.
- Stop viruses, spam and inappropriate content from entering your network
- Provide comprehensive internet and intranet email services.
- Protect your servers from internal or external threats.
- Improve network performance and responsiveness with web and DNS caching
- Ease administration burdens on your internal networks.
- Improved Employee productivity
- Minimised time and resources required to maintain network integrity
- Reduced Employer liabilities
- Improved efficiency, responsiveness and reliability of network access
Changes in WinGate 9.4.5 Build 6015 (2022-10-28):
- Fix: IMAP: additional parameter validation for AUTHENTICATE, SELECT, SUBSCRIBE, UNSUBSCRIBE, STATUS, APPEND, EXPUNGE, STORE, UID functions.
- Fix: IMAP: fixed returned sequence numbers for SEARCH command
- Fix: IMAP: fixed returned sequence numbers for SORT command
- Fix: Pattern matching: Fixed locale dependency for case-insensitive string comparisons in pattern matching.
- Fix: HTTP: fixed write access to Version member in Request object
- Fix: Policy Map lookup item: fixed crash in map lookup item when clicking sort header
- Fix: Policy Map lookup item: store edit control value when dialog closed if currently editing. Previously lost edit.
- New: HTTP: Added UpdateURL function to HTTPRequestMessage object, so you can specify a new destination URL for requests with a single URL string.
- New: Policy: Added a second logical output to the Map Lookup item, which allows you to define different behaviour for when the searched value isn’t found in the map.
- Fix: SSL Inspection: Fixed an issue with certificate generation for SSL inspection affecting Chrome users.
- Fix: SSL: deprecated MD5 and SHA1 hash algorithms for use in signatures in certificate generation.
Changes in WinGate 9.4.1 Build 5998 (2020-02-01):
- Fix: HTTP Caching: Fixed creation of temp folders in the case where the parent folder didn’t exist.
- Fix: DNS: fixed crash on creation of over-sized response packets
- Fix: Flow-chart Policy: Fixed scrolling issue on log entry item log content field.4. Fix: SSL Inspection: Fixed control updated when enabling / disabling items
- Fix: Flow-chart policy: Fixed vertical offset issue for output label
- Fix: SSL: Fixed blocking of SSL client-initiated renegotiation.
- New: HTTP Divert: added support for temp vs permanent redirect for divert results in HTTP policy events
Changes in WinGate 9.4.0 Build 5993 (2019-02-21):
- Fix: Categories: Optimised saving changes of category definitions
- Fix: Block pages: changed double click behaviour to edit block page
- Fix: Active Directory: Fixed group membership enumeration.
- Fix: Kerberos: Fixed buffer too small issue in kerberos authentication
- Fix: Web Serving: Fixed Last-Modified header (appended NULL) when WinGate is web server.
- New: HiDPI support: support for DPI scaling of hi-res monitors
Homepage – https://www.wingate.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (64-bit only).
Size: 67.8 MB