Vuze (formerly Azureus) is a Java based BitTorrent client. It offers multiple torrent downloads, queuing /priority systems (on torrents and files), start/ stop seeding options and instant access to numerous pieces of information about your torrents.
The application also features an embedded tracker that is easily set up and ready to use. Vuze connects to the BitTorrent network.
Vuze is designed to work better than other file transfer protocols as the number of people interested in a certain file increases.
The program supports multiple torrent downloads, upload and download speed limiting. It uses only one port for all the torrents. Can import torrents automatically from a set dir.
Vuze has embedded tracker, host your own torrents, automate your shares (periodic scanning of a dir). Supports for 27 languages.
- Swarm Merging to complete torrents that do not have all the available bits, and to speed up downloading
- Rate limiting globally, by download, by tag, by peer-set (e.g. peers from a given country), by network (public/I2P) and even by peer. Overall capacity limits are also supported to work with ISP limits. Limits can also be scheduled by time of day etc.
- WebTorrent support – Vuze can download and see to WebTorrent peers. There is also a built-in WebTorrenn tracker.
- Robust settings. If you want to control it, there’s probably a setting for it!
- Remote controlling via Web url, or Android app (any android app that supports the Transmission RPC will do, but we recommend our Vuze Remote, of course).
Organization, Discovery and Social Features
- Tags and Categories. Allows you also to set share ratios, file locations, speed limits, etc for a group of torrents.
- Meta-search, with the ability to add and create custom site templates
- Swarm Discoveries which lists torrents that other people have downloaded along with the torrents you download.
- Tag Discovery to discover what other users have tagged content with. This can be very helpful before deciding to download the content.
- Subscriptions to RSS feeds as well as search results. You can also create your own subscription feed to share with others
- Decentralized ratings and comments. You can view them before the torrent is added to Vuze.
- Decentralized public and anonymous chats with default channels for individual torrents, tags, subscriptions, and trackers
Privacy and Security Features
- I2P support (using I2P DHT) for anonymous downloading
- Detection of VPNs for better integration
- Ability to proxy search results, subscriptions, and internal browser connections through Tor if site is inaccessible
- Media Playback
- Media Conversion (Transcoding)
- UPnP Media Server and DLNA support, allowing devices to connect and browse your content, and allowing Vuze to send content directly to devices.
- RSS to chat publisher for sharing content streams via chat
- Decentralized content replication for sharing arbitrary modifiable files
Changes in Vuze 220.127.116.11 | 2017-11-02:
- Classic friends meets dchat!
- Handle alt networks
- Option to chat about torrent errors
- Option to hide auto-generated messages
- Added option to move torrent on tag-move-on-complete
- Option to categorise friend connections as lan-local for rate limiting purposes
- Support some alternative chats
- Torrent location support for initial save location and copy-on-complete
- Added json import
- I2P: install on attempted dns resolution
- Lots more minor improvements and fixes
Homepage – http://www.vuze.com
Size: 14.3 MB