Tribler 7.13.1 – Free p2p Client
Tribler is an open source peer-to-peer client with various features for watching videos online. The user interface is very basic and focused on ease of use, instead of including features.
This program is based on the BitTorrent protocol and uses an overlay network for content searching. Due to this overlay network Tribler does not require an external website or indexing service to discover content.
Tribler was created by university researchers trying to improve peer-to-peer technology. The application enhances BitTorrent by removing the need for central elements such as the websites for finding content. The aim is to increase performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Anonymity. Anonymous downloads with strong encryption, onion routing and hidden seeding. Uses a custom Tor-like network.
- User interface. Check out our general user interface and other screenshots. We try to make sharing easy and accessible.
- No websites. The application ncludes search. You can find a lot of videos without any web site. We try to make the app impossible to censor and hard to kill.
- Open Source. The app is Open Source and non-profit.
- Streaming. This app can play your videos. You can watch even before the download is finished.
The main features include: video-only searching, experimental video streaming, and an integrated video player. The SwarmPlayer which is a Python based BitTorrent Internet TV viewer. It allows you to watch BitTorrent-hosted peer-to-peer digital media distribution of video on demand and plays live streaming media.
Tribler adds keyword search ability to the BitTorrent file download protocol using a gossip protocol. That is somewhat similar to the eXeem network which was shut down in 2005.
After a dozen downloads this software can roughly estimate the download taste of the user and recommends content. This feature is based on collaborative filtering, also featured on websites such as Last.fm and Amazon.com.
Another feature is a limited form of social networking and donation of upload capacity. Tribler includes the ability to mark specific users as online friends. Such friends allows to increase the download speed of files by using their upload capacity. Due to these features this software differs from other popular BitTorrent clients such as Vuze and μTorrent.
Changes in Tribler 7.13.1:
Startup stability fixes
- Use the
filelocklibrary to determine the primary process
- Use dedicated exit codes when another primary GUI/Core process is running
- Fix Core crash caused by
TimeoutErrorwhen REST HTTP server is starting
StartDownloadDialogduring Tribler UI startup
- Handle the database corruption error by regenerating the corrupted database on the fly
General stability fixes
- Use the default event loop on Windows
- Reconnect to the Core in case of EventReqestManager disconnection
- Fix race condition in SlowCoroWatchingThread
- Fix race condition in
- Handle exceptions in
safe_reprfunction to display alert reprs
RESTResponseerror for timed out metainfo request
- Removed circuit from peer_info
TypeErrorwhen the translated string does not have the correct number of positional parameters
Enhanced error reporting
- Add the reason for the
OperationalError: unable to open database filewhen opening processes.sqlite
- Add Tribler Config to the sentry event
- Show correct stack trace for CoreCrashedError.
Homepage – https://www.tribler.org
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11.
- macOS Yosemite or newer.
- Linux Ubuntu.
Size: 66.5 MB