DU Meter lets you see how much of your full bandwidth potential is actually utilized at any given point, either by displaying a real-time graph, numerical display, or both. It works with Dial-Up, DSL, DSL, Cable Modem, and Ethernet cards.
DU Meter can be configured to fit neatly in the blank space on your browser toolbar. Furthermore, it uses only a very small amount of Windows resources.
Moreover, DU Meter includes full logging and reporting capabilities with export to many different file formats. Including Excel and HTML.
It also has an auto hide feature, monitoring of online hours with alerts, a fully customizable interface, and a great stopwatch which helps you to accurately time your downloads.
In addition, DU Meter also includes an extensive reporting facility, a flexible notifications and events system, and more.
- Keep an eye on your Internet connection: see data coming in or going out.
- Protect yourself from unexpected charges or Internet service disruption.
- Receive alerts about dangerous or unexpected network activity.
- Easy to use - works automatically with no user input required.
- Uses very little resources.
DU Meter can create detailed reports of the total network traffic volume on your computer. It can alert you if certain limits are surpassed. If you have teenage children or if you own or manage a business, DU Meter can be especially useful for you to you too.
Other DU Meter highlights:
- A potential privilege escalation vulnerability has been discovered in DU Meter. This vulnerability is not exploitable if the Windows file system permissions are left at their defaults, but we suggest all current users of DU Meter 6.x and 7.x to upgrade to version 7.24 as soon as possible just as a precaution. In order to exploit this vulnerability, an attacker needs write permissions on a drive where DU Meter is installed, so no remote exploitation is possible.
- Improvements to DU Meter uninstallation procedure. Uninstalling and installing again in a different location could fail with "data is stale" error because DU Meter driver file location wasn't updated properly. This update addresses this issue; if your DU Meter is still not working, we recommend uninstalling and re-installing it again (as the new uninstall process will remove old driver registration data properly now).
Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit)
Most important new features in DU Meter 7.30:
- Improvement: Added a menu option to select current tab from the tray icon pop-up menu. This option is enabled only when click-through mode is active, as it's most useful in the click-through mode.
- Improvement: DU Meter window is no longer shown on an Alt-Tab list of windows.
- Fixed: click-through mode was incompatible with, and could not be enabled while in High-Contrast color mode.
- Miscellaneous minor fixes to localization and translation.
Homepage - http://www.dumeter.com
Size: 6.20 MB