KoolMoves is a web animation authoring tool that creates Flash movies and frames for animated GIFs. Used by both professionals and novices to create rich interactive content for web sites, KoolMoves is a popular Flash authoring tool with rave industry reviews!
As Adobe Flash has developed into the standard for animation on the web, KoolMoves has emerged as an advanced but low cost alternative to Flash.
Combining ease-of-use with a wealth of powerful animation effects, KoolMoves makes it easy and inexpensive to create professional quality Flash movies.
KoolMoves is an affordable Flash authoring tool that is full featured, ideal for creating a wide range of web content with high impact visuals, MP3 and WAV sound.
Also KoolMoves lets you play video and music with stylish media players. Create high impact web sites and animations. Customize text effects, buttons, and clip art. Add impressive 3D text and shape effects. Use templates or create your own designs. Take control with Flash action scripts, plus more…
- Many unique views of the animation
- Import images and sounds
- Create slide shows with transitions
- Export as Flash SWF
- Export as responsive Flash movie
- Export as mobile-friendly Html5
- Export as Html5 with jQuery Mobile widgets
- Export as AVI/MP4
- Export and import animated GIFs
- Export as mobile app using AIR SDK
- Export as mobile app using PhoneGap
- Full set of drawing/shape manipulation tools
- Shape tweening
- Wizard for adding Html5 animation to web page
- 36 Html5 text effects
- 40 Html5 image effects
- 61 CSS3 animation effects
- Import SVG
- Ease in/out tweening
- 71 action script based text/image effects
- Ability to combine effects
- 343 clip art items and buttons
- Wizard for adding Flash animation to web page
- Easy to use customizable preloaders
- 3D AS3 scripting package
- 43 customizable 3D effects
- 3D Html5 WebGL customizable text effects
- 40 media player skins
- 28 web interface templates
- Multiple skill levels
- Import Flash SWF movie as an object
- Import FLV Flash video as an object
- Import 3D models (.3ds, .obj, .ase, .m2d)
- Flash AS1 and AS3 action scripting
- Flash 8/10 filter/blend effects
- Chroma key filter effects
- 16 interface components (e.g. slide show)
Changes in KoolMoves 10.1.3 (2021-04-21):
- Added ability to export “donut holes” in vector shapes [Html5 export, already worked for SWF export]. GUI currently doesn’t support a way to create a donut hole so only useful for SVG import or converting text to vector shape.
- Added to Transform menu two ways to break apart text — break into individual characters and convert to vector shape [Html5 export, already worked for SWF export].
- Added ability to export morphed vector shape gradients [Html5 export, already worked for SWF export].
- Added ability to save canvas as 32-bit PNGs (with transparent background) for entire movie [Html5 export]. Before, it was only supported for a single frame.
- Added menu item under File for exporting movie as an animated PNG (APNG) [Html5 export].
- Added List of Scenes to Views menu [Html5 export, already worked for SWF export]. It was an oversight it wasn’t originally included in Html5 export GUI.
- Added ability to import animate elements from a SVG file for the stop-color property of vector shape gradients.
- Reorganized menu items associated with File > Publish/Movie.
- Converted more dialog screens to skinned dialogs.
- Tweaked some Tools toolbar icons.
- Fixed some SVG import issues.
- Fixed problem where dialog skin setting is lost if switch between GUI modes.
Changes in KoolMoves 10.1.2 (2021-03-08):
- Added skinning to the left Tools toolbar. Go to File > Preferences > Application Look to revert to the old look (default Windows theme).
- Added ability to handle SVG classes in SVG import.
- Extended available border thicknesses to more thicknesses in dropdown combo list.
- Fixed problem with missing shape names in SVG import.
- Fixed problem with Scenes icon preference for top toolbar.
- Fixed problem with Save As Png background color (although it shouldn’t affect the png export) (Html5 export).
Changes in KoolMoves 10.1.1 (2021-02-09):
- Added skinning to dialog screens (with 7 themes) for Html5 animation GUI only (at this time) and to Timeline and Properties panes. Not all screens have been converted at this time. BTW, this involved a gigantic effort. Elements of dialog windows like list box and combo box scroll bars can’t be skinned. Go to File > Preferences > Application Look to revert to the old look (default Windows theme).
- Redid many icons.
- Added a tutorial/YouTube section at the top of some of the Context Help screens, listing relevant links.
- Converted 4 icons on the Timeline pane to a popup menu off a single icon and made several other cosmetic changes.
Changes in KoolMoves 10.1.0 (2021-02-04):
- Added a Flash player page in Preferences to store a file path to a standalone Flash player (Flash Export).
- Changed the Stage background color to a darker color but it can be changed back in Preferences. Don’t use the previous default color R 150/G 150/B 150 or else your choice will be overwritten by the new default dark color on loading the application.
- Fixed the code that does screen captures of the movie to use a standalone Flash player instead of using a web browser Flash plugin which no longer exists (Flash export).
- Added several scripting examples to demonstrate that regular text can be dynamically changed with button and frame actions (Html5 export).
- Fixed an issue with too many textarea tags being exported to the html if text fields are in the movie (Html5 export). I could have sworn that I fixed this before.
Changes in KoolMoves 10.0.9 (2020-12-29):
- Fixed issue with having to save project twice after message “You will be asked to save the project file for the first time ..” (Html5 export).
- Fixed issue associated with export subdirectory with a message that folder doesn’t exist (Html5 export).
Changes in KoolMoves 10.0.8 (2020-12-23):
- Added Drag and Drop property to Properties window for shapes with vertices, images, and movie clips (put text and multiple shapes, if desired, in a movie clip) (Html5 export).
- Added three more examples to Script Example Library (Finger painting, Sparkles, and Drag and drop) (Html5 export).
- Added messages when using the Flash GUI informing the user that Flash will not be supported after end of year.
- Added ability to make movie clip programmable (must have been an oversight) (Html5 export).
- Fixed a Flash export morphing issue involving shape scaling (SWF export).
- Fixed non-ascii characters in exported file names/paths (Html5 export).
Changes in KoolMoves 10.0.7 (2020-12-01):
- Added another CSS animation library option, cssanimation.css by Pavel, that offers both whole object and text character animation (Html5 export).
- Added the ability to set video options for Html5 video in the Properties window (Html5 export).
- Made improvements to SWF import. Still more to do.
- Reorganized some of the import menu items (Html5 export).
- Fixed non-ascii characters in exported Html5 text.
Changes in KoolMoves 10.0.6 (2020-10-11):
- Added a few more examples to the Html5 Script Library.
- Fixed a 1 pixel bitmap offset problem (position offset of bitmap relative to enclosing shape) for vector shapes that are symbols and filled with a bitmap (Html5 export only).
- Fixed a bitmap offset problem for button states that are vector shapes that are symbols and filled with a bitmap (Html5 export only), introduced when cacheing of symbols was implemented.
- Fixed a number of problems with importing a SWF for Html5 export (png image compression with alpha channel, jpeg compression with alpha channel, button sound, simple nested movie clips, masking, 1 pixel offset for bitmap button states). Alas, there are still issues, including shared movie clips.
Changes in KoolMoves 10.0.5 (2020-09-21):
- Added library of Html5 animation examples to illustrate different aspects of functionality — File > Examples and Help > Examples. Example files can be imported.
- Added capability to add a taper to lines (Html5 export), useful for cartooning. Functionality already present for Flash (cartooning mode) export.
- Added capability to set style options for dynamic text (Html5 export).
- Fixed problem with symbol shape fills under certain situations (Html5 export).
- Fixed problem with morphed masks (Html5 export).
- Fixed problem with rendering shape bitmap fill if the width or height of the shape has been changed by moving vertices.
- Fixed problem with opening a file from Recent File list.
Changes in KoolMoves 10.0.4 (2020-08-25):
- Fixed occasional problem with program hanging when user switches from Html5 animation GUI to Flash advanced GUI.
Changes in KoolMoves 10.0.3 (2020-08-20):
- Fixed GdiPlus (out of memory) error for Views > Actions and Sounds Overview and Navigation Overview that occurs when there is text on the stage.
- Fixed Html5 key frame sound auto play problem by adding Auto Play as an option to key frame sound and setting the default value to off.
Changes in KoolMoves 10.0.2 (2020-06-16):
- Added warning message when adding sound to a key frame.
- Added indication if there are no actions or sounds in Button Actions and Sounds window.
- Added ability to center objects in button state editing mode.
- Changed name of menu item from Edit Button Actions to Edit Button Actions/Sounds in popup menu when right-click on a button.
- Fixed potential problem with initial button state in button state editing mode when adding a new button.
Changes in KoolMoves 10.0.1 (2020-05-25):
- Added File > Import Audio menu item for Html5 export as a redundant and clearer way to add audio to the movie.
- Added the ability to remember the last used folder path for screen captures for GIF/AVI export.
- Fixed transforms (scale, slant, etc.) of shapes filled with images so the image is transformed along with the shape. Still needs some work for symbol shape image fills.
Changes in KoolMoves 10.0.0 (2020-02-04):
- Added ability to save objects in a key frame as a PNG file with transparent background (Html5 movie only).
- Added File > Export As PNG/SVG for Html5 export.
- Expanded allowable Html5 image formats to include BMP.
- Moved “Diagnose Html5 Export Problems” one level higher in the File menu.
- Fixed how sprite sheets within a motion path segment are displayed on the editing stage.
- Fixed how objects within a quadratic motion path segment are displayed on the editing stage.
- Fixed export of quadratic motion paths in SWF export.
- Fixed fill dialog for text to remove display of gradient and bitmap options.
- Fixed display of easeljs-combined-0.8.0.min.js file size that would occur under certain situations in Movie > Movie File Sizes.
Homepage – https://www.koolmoves.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10.
Size: 13.3 MB