Greenshot is a free, light-weight screenshot software tool for Windows, optimized for productivity. It offers full screenshot, capture of region and window and supports multiple image formats.
Greenshot is designed to enable you to save a screenshot or a part of the screen to a file within a second, and additionally you have an option to apply text and shapes to the screenshot.
You can use the Greenshot’s image editor not only for screenshots. You can also open images for editing from a file or from clipboard.
Greenshot is easy to understand and configurable. Therefore it is an efficient tool for project managers, software developers, technical writers, testers and anyone else creating screenshots.
This application is published under GPL, i.e. you can download and use this software free of charge, even in a commercial environment.
- Quickly create screenshots of a selected region, window or fullscreen. You can even capture complete (scrolling) web pages from Internet Explorer.
- Easily annotate, highlight or obfuscate parts of the screenshot.
- Export the screenshot in various ways. Save to file, send to printer, copy to clipboard, attach to e-mail, send Office programs. Moreover, you can upload to photo sites like Flickr or Picasa, and others.
- …and a lot more options simplyfying creation of and work with screenshots every day.
Changes in Greenshot 18.104.22.168:
- BUG-2235 Imgur authentication issues due to imgur api change
- BUG-2227 NullReferenceException when accessing the Imgur History
- BUG-2225 NullReferenceException when changing the color of text
- BUG-2219 Korean is spelled incorrectly in the installer
- BUG-2213 NullReferenceException in the Freehand tool
- BUG-2203 ArgumentNullException in the Freehand tool
- BUG-2141 Imgur authentication issues due to old embedded IE
- BUG-2172 NullReferenceException when using the speech bubble
- BUG-2246 Login issues with the Atlassian Jira Cloud
- FEATURE-1064 Added CTRL+Backspace & CTRL+A to the text tool
Changes in Greenshot 1.3 Unstable:
- BUG-2535 Greenshot selects invisible windows fix was suggested by Raymond Chen here: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/20200302-00/?p=103507
- BUG-2544: Enabled TLS1.1 & 1.2 to fix jira connectivity and do not use the JIRA session support as this was deprecated.
- BUG-2542: Fix for shutdown issue (ImgurPlugin)
- BUG-2378, BUG-2435, BUG-2486, BUG-2463, BUG-2309, BUG-2307, BUG-2249 : This should solve the issue, without requiring a lock. Just use an atomic assignment.
- Bug #124, some minor issues with the EmailDestination
- Bug #149: If using a full screen capture of the current monitor, not the default, the mouse cursor is not visible.
- BUG-2529: This should most likely fix the excessive update checks.
- PR #157 -- Fixing textbox issue with polish letter "ą"
- Improved the about and error details with better version information, and OS name.
- Upgraded to .NET Framework 4.7.2 due to netstandard 2.0 issues, any lower version would make the installer even bigger.
- Used more recent versions of software components, which make it easier to find bugs.
- DPI improvements, so people can use Greenshot with high DPI screens.
- Update check should have less impact with us and for the user
- The editor now has a zoom, completely build by our awesome community member @KillyMXI
- Windows 10 OCR support
- Windows 10 app sharing
- Windows 10 notifications
Homepage - https://getgreenshot.org/
Size: 3.06 MB