Adobe Camera Raw 13 is a must-have powerful Adobe Photoshop plugin for professional photographers. It lets you import and enhance RAW images. This converter functionality in Adobe Photoshop software provides fast and easy access to the RAW image formats. It produced by many leading professional and midrange digital cameras.
By working with these “digital negatives,” you can achieve the results you want with greater artistic control and flexibility while still maintaining the original RAW files.
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom software is built upon the same powerful raw processing technology that is available in the Adobe Camera Raw plug-in.
This powerful plug-in has been frequently updated to support more cameras and include more features. And is available as part of Adobe Photoshop. The Adobe Camera Raw plug-in also supports RAW files in Digital Negative (DNG) format.
The Adobe DNG Converter is a free utility that enables you to easily convert camera-specific raw files from more than 350 cameras to the more universal DNG raw format.
Digital Negative (DNG) is an openly published raw file specification that stores the “RAW” pixel data. It is captured by the digital camera sensor before it has been converted to JPEG or TIFF along with standard EXIF metadata, date, time, camera used, and camera settings. This format is freely available for other software and hardware vendors to support.
When working with RAW files, the file is not compressed or processed in the camera instead, Adobe software gives the user complete control over the conversion settings. For example, white balance is not applied to the RAW file but is stored with the file. So the software can default to the originally intended setting. Other information contained in a DNG file includes standard EXIF metadata (just like in JPEG files), date, time, camera used, and camera settings.
- Access Premium Presets. Adobe has partnered with professional photographers to bring to you industry-standard presets to suit all your editing needs.
- Feature enhancements. Camera Raw now displays a ribbon-style histogram and all-channels Color Mixer mode. Find out about more feature in the detailed summary.
- Experience faster workflows. Fill Edges in panaromas are now faster, along with better GPU memory management. Find out more in the detailed summary.
- Support for new cameras and lenses. Find newly added supported cameras and lenses. Links to the lists are provided in the detailed summary.
Changes in Adobe Camera Raw 13.2 (March 2021):
- Instantly improve image quality. Super Resolution in the Enhance Preview dialog box allows you to quickly increase image resolution while improving details and color rendering.
- Apple ProRaw Profile is now supported. Capture ProRaw images in iOS 14.3 or later and easily import and edit them in Camera Raw using the new profile.
- Other enhancements. Find new options to filter and sort photos in your Filmstrip. You can also quickly reorder the Edit panels based on your needs.
- Support for new cameras and lenses. Find newly added cameras and lenses in the full list of supported profiles.
Homepage – https://www.adobe.com
System Requirements for Adobe Camera Raw CC:
- Microsoft Windows 10 (version 1809 or later)
- macOS 10.14 (Mojave), macOS 10.15 (Catalina), macOS 11 (Big Sur)
Size: 526 MB