Veritas System Recovery (formerly Symantec System Recovery) is a system image based backup and disaster recovery software for servers, desktops and laptops with a single unified solution. That enables businesses to recover from downtime or disasters in minutes.
It delivers superior backup and disaster recovery for Windows and Linux. With patented Restore Anyware technology, IT administrators can rapidly restore exactly what they need, when and where they need it. Including entire physical and virtual machines to bare metal or dissimilar hardware as well as files, folders and granular application objects.
Veritas System Recovery Key Benefits:
- Single, unified image-based solution to protect both virtual and physical machines.
- Backs up servers, virtual machines, desktops and laptops automatically without disrupting user productivity.
- Backs up to almost any disk storage device regardless of provider or to leading public cloud storage like Amazon S3 and Azure.
- Fast, flexible, and reliable recovery of data and systems.
- Perform a full system restore to a specific point in time entirely from bare metal, eliminating time-consuming and error-prone manual system rebuilds.
- Seamless and automated P2V.
- Dramatically minimizes downtime and avoids business disruption.
- Eliminates the need for duplicate hardware for disaster recovery purposes.
- Reduces storage costs, backup windows, and network traffic with integrated data reduction technologies.
- Centralized management and enterprise scalability.
- Supports the latest Windows, Linux, VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Citrix XenServer operating systems and applications.
Unlike other technologies, Veritas System Recovery also provides cross-platform physical-to-virtual (P2V), virtual-to-virtual (V2V) and virtual-to-physical (V2P) recoveries. That make it the perfect complement to physical and virtual environments.
Protect and manage your virtualized infrastructure with tools for backup and recovery, storage management, and high availability and disaster recovery.
Restore Windows and Linux systems in minutes
Ensuring rapid, reliable disaster recovery across your entire infrastructure can be complicated and costly. With Veritas System Recovery, you can minimize downtime and avoid the impact of disaster by easily recovering in minutes, whether you’re restoring a single file or email to an entire machine-physical or virtual..
- Reduce complexity with a single solution that protects servers, laptops and virtual machines
- Protect data and systems quickly, efficiently and frequently with image-based backup
- Minimize the disruption of system failure with fast, flexible, reliable recovery
Recover seamlessly in the event of a local disaster
Now you can dramatically reduce the time it takes to bring systems back into production. With Veritas System Recovery, you can boot direct from a running or cold system and restore the entire system, physical or virtual, Windows or Linux, as fast as your disk storage can read and write.
- Patented Restore Anyware technology quickly restores entire physical and virtual systems from local or off-site destinations in minutes, even to bare metal, dissimilar hardware, remote locations, or virtual environments
- Restores files and folders while providing the ability to search multiple recovery points at the same time
- Hot imaging combines allows restore to different hardware platforms on the fly and breaks the barrier of incompatible storage controllers and hardware abstraction layers
- Create an all-in-one backup and recovery USB device to rapidly boot and recover any system
New in Veritas System Recovery 21:
- Now protects Windows 10, version 1909 and Windows Server, version 1909.
- vSphere 7.0 support
- Supports RESTful Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that allow you to perform some Veritas System Recovery operations on a Remote Machine using any API application or interface of your choice.
- Veritas System Recovery 21 no longer supports upgrade from Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2.
What’s new in Veritas System Recovery 18 Service Pack 3:
- Support for hidden drives. Veritas System Recovery 18 Service Pack 3 now supports hidden drives for backups and you can restore recovery points from the hidden drive.
New in Veritas System Recovery 18:
Today’s organizations must respond quickly to a changing business environment that includes cloud and security challenges. Veritas has expanded System Recovery portfolio to meet all these challenges.
- Fast backup to leading public cloud storage including Amazon S3 and Microsoft Azure
- Automatically duplicate backup data to the cloud or a second site for additional resiliency
- Support for Microsoft’s latest Server Operating System, including Restore Anyware technology for dissimilar hardware and P2V restoration
- Enhanced Linux Environment Support
- Improved security with new support for SMTP with TLS (Transport Layer Security) and SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)
Homepage – https://www.veritas.com
The following Microsoft .Net Framework versions are required for installing and using Veritas System Recovery:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 or later: Required to run and use Veritas System Recovery.
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable
- Veritas System Recovery installer installs .NET 4.5.2 on the following platforms:
- Windows 7 SP1 (x86 and x64) and above
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (x64) and above
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 (x86 and x64) and above
Size: 856 MB