Symantec Endpoint Protection combines Antivirus with advanced threat prevention to deliver unmatched defense against malware for laptops, desktops and servers. Artificial intelligence fused with critical endpoint technologies deliver the most complete endpoint security on the planet.
SEP seamlessly integrates essential security technologies in a single agent and management console. In this way it inreases protection and helps lower total cost of ownership.
Symantec Endpoint Protection protects networked critical systems and remote and mobile users from unwanted network intrusions and hackers, as well as from viruses, Trojans, and worms.
Centralized policy management and response capabilities ease the administrative burden and lower the cost of managing security at the network, mobile, and remote client level.
Integrated cyber defense stops tomorrow’s advanced threats as well as today’s
Every endpoint is a launch pad for a cyber attack, no matter how it touches your network. Symantec’s multi-layered endpoint protection provides everything from file reputation and behavioral analysis to advanced machine learning AI. And Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 is the lightest and strongest endpoint protection on the market.
- Superior Protection. Protection against threats with next-gen and essential technologies. Fed by the largest civilian global threat intelligence network in the world.
- High-Performance. A single console and high performance, lightweight agent reduces network bandwidth usage by 70% with smaller and less frequent definition file downloads. To protect the business without slowing down end users.
- Orchestrated Response. Easily integrate into existing security infrastructure like Proxy SG to maintain a high level of protection and speed response, quickly halting the spread of infection.
- Multi-layered Protection across the Attack Chain. A single integrated agent that combines artificial intelligence and next-gen security technologies. Such as Advanced Machine Learning, Memory Exploit Mitigation, Emulation for crypto-malware, Insight reputation analysis. Also the SONAR behavioral monitor with strong antivirus, firewall, intrusion prevention, application and device control. And is ERD ready!
- Seamless Migration – from previous versions of Symantec Endpoint Protection
Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 Features:
175 million endpoints at your service
- Symantec’s global intelligence network of 175 million endpoints and the advanced machine learning technologies allow you to detect threats more accurately.
- Advanced machine learning done right: Stop unknown threats with advanced machine learning AI to deliver maximum protection at the endpoint with minimal false positives.
- Wrap your endpoints in multi-layered protection – artificial intelligence in the cloud, combined with critical endpoint technologies creates the most threat-resistant endpoint security in the world.
- Block zero-day attacks that prey on memory-based vulnerabilities in many popular applications with memory exploit mitigation.
Stronger, faster, lighter
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 reduces bandwidth usage and definition file sizes by 70 percent over previous versions.
- Our proprietary real-time cloud lookup enables faster scanning times.
- Supports machine learning, exploit prevention, Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), and antimalware, from one single agent.
- Reduce total cost of ownership and IT resources via automated updates.
Respond and protect at scale
- Integrates seamlessly with Symantec Blue Coat ProxySG web gateway and other security controls via programmable APIs to respond smartly at the endpoint.
- See and manage all your endpoints from a single high-performance agent and management console for Windows, Mac, Linux, virtual machines, and embedded systems.
- Ensure the most current protection with self-updating endpoint agents and extended LiveUpdate Administrator capabilities to support security patching.
A REST API enhancement lets you copy over settings in the General Settings policy to other groups. If you do not have inheritance for groups enabled, you can use the API call to change settings for multiple groups. For example, you can set the heartbeat and download randomization values, enable Tamper Protection, and configure Server control options.
External Logging adds a new Syslog entry containing PII filtered policy changes. This change adds a second log line containing the policy payload when a policy change is made and recorded in the Audit log.
External Logging forwards information about the type of scan to Syslog servers. This information includes whether the scan was a full scan or active scan and a manual or scheduled scan. This change adds a new SCAN_TYPE column in External Logging for scan events. You can use this information to track regularly scheduled scans on your client computers.
The Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Administrative Log displays the administrator’s user name and the source and destination group names after a client moves from one group to another.
Added command-line scan support for the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) processes. Dependent on SDS 1.12 or later.
- The database schema includes the following table changes:
- SEM_AGENT: TDAD_GLOBAL_DATA_PROCESSING_DONE_TIME (Timestamp for when the agent is done processing the TDAD policy).
- SERVER_POLICY_LOG_1 and 2: EVENT_CONTENT (Stores the policy contents when added, edited, or deleted after Audit Log option is enabled.)
- Integration with Anti-malware Scan Interface (AMSI).
- Enhanced support for web applications with WSS PAC file redirection allows administrators to customize the proxy auto configuration file hosted by WSS Local Proxy Service.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager and remote console now supports Java 11.
- External logging failover.
- Support for Windows 10 version 2004 and SQL Server 2019.
- Linux agent now supports Ubuntu 18.04, RHEL 8, and CentOS 8.
What’s new in SEP 14.2 RU2 MP1 (refresh) Build 14.2.5587.2100:
- URL update for Hybrid-Managed Symantec Agents with an App Isolation and App Control policy. See: Upgrade cloud-managed Symantec Agents to version 14.2 RU2 MP1 or later by May 4, 2020 for more detail.
What’s new in Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.2 RU2 MP1 14.2.5569.1000:
- Made the following improvements:
- The Website Traffic Redirection policy lets you configure fail open and fail close behavior.
- A REST API enhancement lets you query the Location Awareness policy assigned to clients.
- External Logging allows Syslog servers to receive the name of Location Awareness policies applied to endpoints for SONAR events. This change adds a new “Location” column in External Logging for SONAR protection events.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager notifications let you to specific email distribution lists that contain special characters as the recipient.
- Added the following operating system support for the Linux client:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server (RHEL) 8 and 8.1
- CentOS 8 with Kernel 4.18
- Upgraded Jackson-databind and SQLite third-party components.
What’s new in Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.2 RU2 Build 14.2.5323.2000:
- Added the following operating system support:
- Windows 10 19H2 (version 1909)
- macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
- Upgraded multiple third-party components to newer versions.
Homepage – https://www.broadcom.com/
Supported Operating Systems:
Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager:
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2022 (as of 14.3 RU3)
Symantec Endpoint Protection client for Windows:
- Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit; RTM and SP1)
- Windows Embedded 7 Standard, POSReady, and Enterprise (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows Embedded 8 Standard (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit), including Windows To Go
- Windows 8.1 update for April 2014 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 update for August 2014 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows Embedded 8.1 Pro, Industry Pro, and Industry Enterprise (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 10 (version 1507) (32-bit, 64-bit), including Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB
- Windows 10 November Update (version 1511) (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update (version 1607) (32-bit, 64-bit), including Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB
- Windows 10 Creators Update (version 1703) (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (version 1709) (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803) (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) (32-bit, 64-bit), including Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC.
- Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows 10 November 2019 Update (version 1909) (32-bit, 64-bit) (14.2 RU1 and later)
- Windows 10 20H1 (Windows 10 version 2004) (14.3 and later)
- Windows 10 20H2 (Windows 10 version 2009) (14.3 and later)
- Windows 10 21H1 (as of 14.3 RU1)
- Version 14.3 RU3 has been tested and is compatible with all Windows 11 pre-release versions (as of 14.3 RU3)
Symantec Endpoint Protection client for Mac:
- macOS 10.15 to 10.15.7
- macOS 11 (Big Sur)
Symantec Endpoint Protection client for Linux:
- Amazon Linux 2
- CentOS 6, 7, 8
- Debian 9, 10 (14.3 RU2 and later)
- Oracle Enterprise Linux 6, 7, 8
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, 7, 8
- SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 12.x, 15.x
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, 16.04 LTS, 18.04 LTS, 20.04 LTS
Size: 1.87 GB