Norton Security Standard provides a powerful Norton protection for your PC or Mac. In one simple solution, you get comprehensive protection that’s specialized to secure your device so you can be safe however and wherever you connect.
And with proactive Web protection, advanced privacy technology and more, Norton Security is the one solution to help keep you, and your devices, safe.
Built on a legacy of world-class security products, including Norton Antivirus, Norton Internet Security and Norton 360, the new offering, Norton Security Standard, includes an array of ‘defense-in-depth’ technologies that have protected our customers for years.
Norton Security includes network-based defense technologies. Such as the Firewall and Intrusion Protection System (IPS), File-based defense technologies (traditional core anti-virus capabilities).
Also the Reputation-based defense technologies (Insight) and Behavioral-based technologies (SONAR). Many of these protection technologies have been enhanced and or completely rebuilt from the ground up.
Benefits for you:
- Defends against viruses, spyware and other online threats 1 PC or Mac
- Provides real-time protection against existing and emerging viruses and malware.
- Helps protect your home network with a smart firewall
- Warns you about risky websites, safeguards your transactions and prevents dangerous downloads
- Utilizes one of the largest global civilian intelligence networks to spot threats faster
- Protects better and faster than the competition.
- Comes with always-there customer support provided by Norton experts
Norton Security features include:
- Intelligent boot-time protection. New features monitor system changes that can lead to boot-time infection. Detection of such changes triggers Norton to automatically enter aggressive boot-time protection mode.
- New aggressive threat detection heuristics. Norton Power Eraser has included a set of very aggressive threat detection heuristics (or “rules of thumb”) that identify new threats. The newest offering includes heuristics. That enable it to identify even the most resilient threats without risking a higher rate of false positives.
- Automatic aggressive botnet scanning triggers. A new set of network monitoring capabilities trigger. on suspicious outbound connection activity (for example: a botnet “command and control” center). That will automatically prompt users to run Norton’s aggressive scan detection capabilities.
- Smart ping payload data-leakage protection. Improvements to Norton Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) allow the flow of regular ping messages. But Norton IPS will block “non-standard” payloads. That may be a malicious application trying to send out your information.
- Smart-sharing of enhanced Norton Community Watch malicious website data. Enhanced the Norton Community Watch program to better track and share information about malicious websites. This information is used to provide earlier blocking of phishing or scam web sites before they have a chance to trick others into unknowingly providing personal data.
- Smarter plugin-less browser protection. Have been totally rebuilt several Norton security features to work outside of the traditional browser plug-in architecture. This increases the scalability of browser protection. It enables customers to continue to use features like Norton Safe Web and Norton Web Protection without having to worry about browser plug-ins.
- Next-generation SONAR technology. A redesigned SONAR engine detects never-before-seen threats based on the real-time behaviors of such threats. Now SONAR is even more effective against malware attacks. That inject malicious threads into trusted application processes and applications that drop malicious files on the system.
Norton Security Performance Improvements:
- Performance tuned for the latest Windows 10 updates. All Norton products are tested thoroughly with Microsoft’s ADK performance assessment user scenarios on the latest Windows 10 platforms.
- Conserving battery power on connected standbys. Norton passes the Windows 10 connected standby WHQL requirement. It onsumes less than 5% of battery life on a system in standby mode for 16 hours while connected to a network.
- Faster browser experience. Plug-in less browser protection means one less item to load into memory while browsing web sites. This improves the launch speed of your favorite browsers and browsing websites.
- Best-in-class real-time performance. The new Norton maintains the best-in-class performance while providing more protection. Performance is not a tradeoff option for new improved Norton.
Homepage – https://www.norton.com
Size: 129 MB