Hard Disk Sentinel (HDSentinel) is a multi-OS HDD/SSD monitoring and analysis application. Its goal is to find, test, diagnose and repair disk drive problems. Also it reports and displays SSD and HDD health, performance degradations and failures.
Hard Disk Sentinel gives complete textual description, tips and reports the most comprehensive information about the Hard Disks and Solid State Disks inside the computer or in external enclosures (USB, e-SATA). Many different alerts and report options are available to ensure maximum safety of your valuable data.
Hard Disk Sentinel Features:
The software monitors Hard Disk Drive status. That include health, temperature and all S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology, built in most HDD and SSD today) values for each disks.
Also HDSentinel measures the disk transfer speed in real time. It can be used as a benchmark or to detect possible HD failures, performance degradations.
Hard Disk Sentinel is the perfect data protection solution. It can be effectively used to prevent HDD failure and SSD / HDD data loss. Because it has the most sensitive disk health rating system which is extremely sensitive to disk problems. This way even a small HDD problem can’t be missed.
The Professional version has scheduled and automatic (on-problem) disk backup options to prevent data loss caused by not only failure but by malware or accidental delete also.
HDD Sentinel runs in the background and verifies SSD / HDD health status by inspecting the SMART status of the disk(s). If an error is found or unexpected behaviour is detected, it warns the user about the current situation and also can perform appropriate actions. For example, start an automatic backup.
Usually, hard disk health status may slowly decline, from day to day. The SMART monitoring technology can predict HDD failure by examining the critical values of the disk drive. Compared to other software, Hard Disk Sentinel detects and reports every disk problem.
The software also displays the current hard disk temperature and logs maximum and average HDD temperatures. This may be used to check the maximum temperature under high hard disk load.
Improvements and new features:
- re-designed new graphics, icons, added high resolution images for high DPI settings
- changed colors and behaviour of user interface elements for improved visibility
- added Windows 11 style hard disk icons (Configuration -> Disk Control -> Disk Icon Set) to show disk usage and the status based on Health %
- Information page: display USB ID for easier identification of drives in Windows Safely Remove Hardware devices list
- Information page: show device type: fixed disk or removable with “surprise remove possible” or “safely remove required”
- detect and report USB version and generation for USB hard disks, USD SSDs, USD pendrives, USB-NVMe adapters
- additional information in text description:
show warning when USB 2.0 connection limits the performance of the disk drive
show warning when USB 2.0 connection can degrade the disk drive due to insufficient power
show warning when the disk drive reached the end of designed lifetime and the chance of sudden failure may be higher
show warning when the disk drive seems fake USB pendrive / SSD where the stored data may be damaged/corrupted
- multiple temperature sensors: double click on a temperature S.M.A.R.T. attribute on the S.M.A.R.T. page to select the sensor to be used to determine/report temperature of the drive (then showing (Active) for the selected temperature attribute on the S.M.A.R.T. page)
Improved hardware support:
- added support of Kingston DataTraveler MAX : detect health, temperature, S.M.A.R.T. status of Kingston DataTraveler MAX series pendrives
- added support of Terramaster D5-300 RAID enclosure: detect health, temperature and complete self-monitoring S.M.A.R.T. status of drives in RAID configuration
- added support of Oyen Digital Mobius Pro 2C RAID device: detect and display disk status, health, temperature information
- added support of Oyen Digital MOBIUS 5-drive (RAID) enclosure: detect status of hard disk drives in RAID or standalone configuration
- added support of I-O DATA HDS2-UT dual (RAID) enclosure: detect status of hard disk drives in RAID configuration
- added support of new AMD RAID driver 9.3.2: detect SATA and NVMe drive status in AMD RAID configuration on AMD x670
- added support of DockCase DSWC1P USB-M.2 (NVMe/SATA) adapter
- added support of ASUS Tuf Gaming A1 USB 3.2 NVMe adapter
- added and improved detection with some USB-NVMe adapters
- added support of ACOS SATA SSDs, Fanxiang S101, Go-Infinity SSD, ZOZT G3000, SQUARE ES 550, Ramsta R900 SSDs
- added support of RAIDON IR2771-S3 new/updated firmware 19.1.12-8
- added support of DELL Perc H755 SAS/SATA RAID controller: detect status of disk drives in RAID configuration
- added support of QNAP QDA-A2MAR 2x M.2 SSD -> SATA SSD RAID solution: detect SSD status and S.M.A.R.T. information in RAID configuration
- improved support of QNAP TR-002 USB RAID enclosure: detect disk drive status and S.M.A.R.T. information in RAID / JBOD / standalone configuration
- improved support and reporting of 22 TB WD hard disk drives, Toshiba 18 TB hard disk drives
- improved Device Specific Information on various AMD chipsets with AMD SATA AHCI controller or Standard SATA AHCI controller drivers
- improved support of Samsung NVMe SSDs with Intel RST VMD controller
- improved support/health display of SanDisk SDSSDH3 models when new/unused
- improved disk status display for various SATA SSDs with AMD RAID configuration
- improved disk status display for hard disks/SSDs selected to be displayed when they’re offline (no longer connected)
- improved support of various SAS drives
- improved compatibility with various USB devices
- improved display of offline/network attached storage SSDs
- extended AMD RAID detection when higher number of hard disk drives / SSDs connected
- improved Health % reporting for intensively used Indilinx Barefoot SSD
- improved detection and reporting of LSI SATA/SAS RAID when disk(s) missing from the configuration
- improved detection and reporting of AVAGO MR9341 SATA/SAS RAID configuration
- improved detection and reporting of HP RAID configuration
- improved detection and reporting of APPLE SSD
- improved compatibility with GLOWAY SSD, HP SSD 600, Patriot Burst Elite SSD, Patriot P210 SSD, PNY SSD, PNY ELITE SSD, Toshiba SATA SSD, Kingston SSD, Swissbit SSD
- improved support of some Sandisk, Intel, LiteOn SATA SSDs, Transcend TS120GSSD220S SSD, WDS120G2G0A-00, Lexar SATA SSD, XRAYDISK SATA SSD, KINGSPEC SATA SSD, WALRAM SSD
- improved USB RAID enclosure detection and reporting in general
- improved Device Specific Information reporting with Micron SATA SSDs
- improved support of Intel Pro 5400s SSDs
- improved ASMEDIA RAID detection in Portable mode
- improved support and Health % calculation / text reports for various Sandisk SSDs
- improved support and Health % calculation / text reports for various Patriot SSDs
- improved support and Health % calculation / text reports for various DELL-specific SSDs
- improved compatibility with Axagon CRE-SAC card reader
- improved report of bad sectors on various SATA drives
Bug fixes, further modifications:
- improved mouse wheel handling: scrolling the list on the main window when mouse moved over it
- improved XML reports generated with non-standard DMI information
- fixed: Kingston XS2000 HTML report was incomplete
- fixed: new WDC PC SA530 SSDs may showed 1% health
- fixed: disk capacity / model ID display during surface test when Korean or Chinese language selected
- saving additional Windows 10 / 11 version information
- minor improvements
Homepage – https://www.hdsentinel.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Server 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019.
Hard Disk Sentinel supports the detection of all hard disk drives, regardless of their connection and size. This includes all IDE, S-ATA (including Serial ATA II and Serial ATA 6G), SCSI, SAS, USB hard disk models with even capacities 2 TB and over. Hard Disk Sentinel automatically detects and displays the supported features of the disks, the temperature and health information.
Different hard disk drives have different features. Older hard disk models may not have temperature sensors – in such cases no temperature information is displayed in the software.
Hard Disk Sentinel also maintains a hard disk drive database with full details of over 6000 hard disk models from various vendors. This includes known hard disks from the past 15 years, from less than 100 MB models to today’s top and newest hard disk drives.
Hard Disk Sentinel both supports hybrid drives (SSHD) and supports over 2000 SSD models with different connections including IDE, SATA, mSATA, M.2, NVMe, SAS, USB and so.
Size: 35.0 MB