Directory Opus is a simplest file manager, a utility program which presents lists of files and allows the user to perform actions of some kind on those files.
File managers are useful for moving files between folders, making backup copies of files, viewing pictures and playing sounds, running other utility programs on lists of files, deleting unwanted files and many other “housekeeping” tasks.
Directory Opus goes beyond the simple file manager metaphor, and offers you a complete replacement for Windows Explorer and many other utility programs for handling FTP, ZIP, viewing files and images, running slideshows and more.
It provides you with all this within a user-friendly and fully-configurable environment within which you can access and manage your important data with a minimum of effort. Harness the power of your computer like never before!
Directory Opus Features:
- Single or dual file displays, with single or dual trees, make navigating and manipulating files a breeze
- Folder tabs let you keep multiple folders open and switch quickly between them
- Integrated viewer pane lets you preview many common image and document file formats
- View and edit file metadata (EXIF, MP3, PDF, etc)
- Sorting, grouping, filtering and searching has never been easier
- Color code or rate your files and folders to make them easier to find
- Batch renaming including the option for a fully scripted rename using metadata
- Support for FTP, Zip, 7-Zip, RAR and many other archive formats
- Built-in tools including synchronize, duplicate file finder, image converter and uploader and more
- Print or export folder listings, copy file listings to the clipboard, calculate folder sizes
- Queue multiple file copies for improved performance
- Support for CD/DVD burning
- Fully configurable user interface – toolbars, keyboard hotkeys and much more can be tailored to suit your needs
- Efficient, multi-threaded, modern design
Changes in Directory Opus 12.30:
- Improved viewer support for Photoshop PSB files (like PSD but larger/rarer). The standalone viewer can now open them on double-click and will include them in the next/previous image list.
- Blocked the PC Revive shell extension by default, due to it breaking other things.
- Fixed Details and Power modes not scrolling the focus item into view if you scrolled away from it and then pushed the cursor key in the same direction you had scrolled.
- Improved handling of renaming a directory into a sub-dir of itself, particularly with network drives where another Opus or Explorer window is displaying the directory being moved.
- When loading Icon Sets, additional validation is performed on the specified icon sizes and coordinates.
- The Print Folder tool now calculates file counts of archives if one of the file count columns is added to the format and the option to calculate folder sizes is turned on.
- Changing the user interface language no longer replaces the filetype group infotips and tile definitions if they have previously been modified from the defaults.
Changes in Directory Opus 12.29.1:
- Added Subject and Title fields to Image category in the advanced filter (find) control.
- Added script dialog Control.SetItemWidth method. Used to set the width of listview items in list and small icon view. Use -1 for autosizing.
- Fixed redraw issue with changing manual sorting order via the keyboard.
- Fixed problem with AirDriveLive context menus when cloud drive is mounted on a folder (rather than as a drive).
- Fixed Type column in collections showing File Folder for junctions/symlinks instead of more detailed information, after a restart. (Fixes items added to collections after this update. Older items must be removed and re-added to correct them.)
- The text viewer/editor search and replace dialogs now allow more characters to be entered in the find and replace fields.
- Fixed problem using Copy TO=ask when the chosen destination is the sub-folder of a zip file.
- Removed erroneous Skip identical option shown on the warning dialog when extracting a folder from a zip file when the target folder already exists.
- Fixed some tab labels not being blurred when taking a secure screenshot.
- Fix for Print Folder crash with certain printer drivers and/or Windows versions. ( https://resource.dopus.com/t/print-export-folder-listing-error-win-11/42326/1 )
- Fix for stray toolbar/menu separator if the Favorites list was on a toolbar/menu and the list a separator as its first item.
- Fix for Windows 11 22H2 where Select All and Select Invert did not work in special shell folders (e.g. Recycle Bin).
- Show VIEWERCMD=refresh in the viewer no longer skips the next picture if the current picture has been deleted.
- Workaround for Dropbox context menus not working in the most recent Dropbox version on Windows 11.
Homepage – https://www.gpsoft.com.au
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11
- Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019, 2022
Size: 38.2 MB