Directory Opus is a simplest file manager, a utility program which presents lists of files and allows the user to perform actions of some kind on those files.
File managers are useful for moving files between folders, making backup copies of files, viewing pictures and playing sounds, running other utility programs on lists of files, deleting unwanted files and many other “housekeeping” tasks.
Directory Opus goes beyond the simple file manager metaphor, and offers you a complete replacement for Windows Explorer and many other utility programs for handling FTP, ZIP, viewing files and images, running slideshows and more.
It provides you with all this within a user-friendly and fully-configurable environment within which you can access and manage your important data with a minimum of effort. Harness the power of your computer like never before!
Directory Opus Features:
- Single or dual file displays, with single or dual trees, make navigating and manipulating files a breeze
- Folder tabs let you keep multiple folders open and switch quickly between them
- Integrated viewer pane lets you preview many common image and document file formats
- View and edit file metadata (EXIF, MP3, PDF, etc)
- Sorting, grouping, filtering and searching has never been easier
- Color code or rate your files and folders to make them easier to find
- Batch renaming including the option for a fully scripted rename using metadata
- Support for FTP, Zip, 7-Zip, RAR and many other archive formats
- Built-in tools including synchronize, duplicate file finder, image converter and uploader and more
- Print or export folder listings, copy file listings to the clipboard, calculate folder sizes
- Queue multiple file copies for improved performance
- Support for CD/DVD burning
- Fully configurable user interface – toolbars, keyboard hotkeys and much more can be tailored to suit your needs
- Efficient, multi-threaded, modern design
Changes in Directory Opus 12.28:
- Improved layout of button editor menus on low resolution (~720p) screens.
- The archives plugin now filters the file attributes it returns to Opus to avoid ones that can appear in archives but don’t make sense in them and cause problems (e.g. “offline” and “pinned”).
- Fix for situation where a credentials prompt wasn’t triggered for some network drives that needed one.
- Fixed problem which meant desktop double-click handling would stop working if Explorer was restarted.
- On Windows 11, the OneDrive commands to pin or free up space now work recursively on folders to match Explorer’s behavior.
- Fixed the Toolbar command ignoring its POS argument if the first coordinate was negative.
- If a Style is saved with the view mode option turned on, but a tab group selected, the view mode setting is now correctly ignored (since view modes in that instance are supposed to come from the tab group).
- Fixed Open With > Paint.Net opening the file twice with newer versions of PaintDotNet.
- Fixed a problem where the folder format could go wrong if a style that was set to turn the format lock on opened a tab group.
- Improved performance of context menus in some situations.
- Updated WebP plugin, which fixes some images not loading.
- Fixed context menu items registered under HKCR* appearing for directories when they should only appear for files.
- Fix for OneDrive context menus not appearing when “Files On Demand” is turned off.
- Fixed @if not working on Viewer toolbar buttons if the only command being run after them was a Show VIEWERCMD=… variant.
- Show VIEWERCMD=fullscreen,on and …,off can now be used with the viewer to always get a particular state rather than toggle the current state.
- Fixed issue where nothing happened if some Control Panels were opened in particular ways (e.g. “Manage BitLocker” from the drive right-click menu).
- Fix for standalone image viewer opening on the wrong screen if it was previously moved and closed near the right (or bottom) of another screen.
- Fixed incorrect behaviour when renaming files in FlatView when two files in different folders ended up with the same name.
- Fixed problem with undoing a create folder.
- Fix for crash which could happen when undoing a rename.
- Fix for “New” context menu excluding items without descriptions in the registry.
- Fix for bogus Open With menu items due to uninstalled Microsoft Store apps.
Changes in Directory Opus 12.27:
The following changes were part of the 12.26.1 – 12.26.3 beta updates:
- FTP SSH now supports elliptic curve algorithms (NIST and 25519).
- The Publisher tag is now supported for FLAC and Ogg files.
- Workaround for Open With > Paint.Net not working correctly due to incorrect data in the registry.
- Fixed List and Small Icons modes not painting the bottom pixels of some icons until something triggered a repaint.
- Fixed problem with standalone viewer’s metadata panel not updating when moving to the next/previous.
- Static context menu entries added to the HKCR\* key are now shown for folders as well as files.
- Fixed F-Secure SAFE context menu not appearing.
- Double-clicking in the path field now selects whole path segments, rather than stopping on the wordbreak_char_paths characters like Ctrl-Left / Ctrl-Right does.
- Added space to default wordbreak_char_paths so it’s now consistent with wordbreak_char_names which has space hard-coded.
- Added slash and backslash to the default wordbreak characters for names and paths.(Some things handled them by default anyway but, previously, if you pasted a full or relative path into the inline rename field, it’d treat the separators like normal letter characters and make it a pain to jump to them.)
- Fixed a crash which could occur using the Clipboard PASTE AS command with a name beginning with a [ character.
- Transparent docked toolbars now use the whole area of each button for hit-testing, even before the buttons become hot, which should make them easier to use.
- Fixed items for a couple of programs appearing multiple times in context menus.
- Commands using both Set QUICKFILTER and QUICKFILTERFLAGS on the same line will now highlight as “on” provided both arguments match the current state.
- Fixed turning on Flat View not applying the Flat View folder format’s column-grouping.For example, if the file display was already grouped and you turned on Flat View (Mixed), it would stay grouped, but the menus would indicate it was not grouped. The menus were correct and the file display should have been un-grouped, assuming the default situation where the Flat View folder format is turned on and configured to turn off grouping.
- Go FOLDERCONTENT menus now work with collections where multiple items have the same name.
- Fixed crash that could sometimes occur if you held the F5 key down to repeatedly refresh the This PC folder.
- Made a change to hopefully fix incorrect timestamps on SFTP servers.
- The recently added option to choose whether to display folder icons or lightbulb (Opus logo) icons is now set to lightbulbs by default. If you want to use folder icons you can select this from Preferences / Display / Options / Use current folder’s icon.
- Cosmetic fixes/improvements for borders around a few controls on Windows 11.
- Fix for very slow handling of some Photoshop PSD files due to extreme metadata bloat in the form of Adobe’s document history tracking.
- Text and TextThumbs plugins now ignore files that start with the PaintDotNet signature, so they can be displayed via its thumbnail handler instead. (Most data at the start of PDN’s file format is text, so they looked like text files to both plugins.)
- Fixed problem with automatic path completion in the location field with aliases beginning with a . character.
- Fix for using Windows Search below mount points.
- Scripting DOpus.Create.Blob(“test”) with no encoding specified creates a UTF16 string again, as per the documentation.
- Troubleshooting setting context_menu_debug now logs more information.
- Blocked Daemon Tools shell extensions by default. See Shell extensions which are blocked by default if you wish to re-enable them, but keep in mind they have caused crashes for several people.
- The GetNewNameData script object (passed to the OnGetNewName method) has a new preview property, which returns true when the method is being called to generate the preview in the Rename dialog, and false when it’s renaming the file for real.
- Fixed issue with case-insensitive search for Cyrillic text.
- Fix for Set TABPOSITION=below being able to push things below the file display out of the window frame until the window was resized.
The following changes are new for 12.27:
- Improved file context menu de-duplication. While building the menus, some registry keys were processed more than once. Menus should now open a little faster. This also fixes the problem introduced in 12.26.2 beta where a single item added via the File Types dialog could appear in the menu more than once.
- Fixed bug introduced in 12.23 where the Viewer Pane / Display Shell Icons checkbox did nothing and the adjacent Display Shell Thumbnails checkbox controlled both settings.
Homepage – https://www.gpsoft.com.au
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11
- Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019
Size: 38.1 MB