RJ TextEd is developed using Delphi from Embarcadero and is released as Freeware.
The program also support for Topstyle Lite CSS editor, has a dual pane file commander, as well as a (S)FTP client to upload your files.
The editor uses language files to display menus and dialogs in different languages. RJ TextEd is also a simple web development tool. The editor can use auto completion and hints to assist you in editing your source code.
You can preview HTML/ASP/PHP… code using one of the preview tabs or open a document in a browser. The editor does not only handle source code. RJ TextEd also handles true ASCII files, binary files and of course plain text files.
RJ TextEd Features:
- Auto completion.
- Code folding.
- Column mode.
- Multi edit and multi select
- Advanced sorting.
- Handles both ASCII and binary files.
- CSS and HTML wizards.
- Dockable panels.
- FTP and SFTP client with synchronization.
- File explorer, text clips, code explorer, project manager…
- Convert between code pages, Unicode formats and text formats.
- Unicode and ANSI code page detection.
- Open/Save UTF-8 encoded files without a signature (BOM).
- Unicode file paths and file names.
- HTML validation, format and repair.
- Tools available like syntax editor, color picker, charmap…
There are a many features not listed above. Including spell checking, e-mail support, advanced search with regular expressions. To learn more about the program you could check out the screenshots, or just try it out. The program is absolutely FREE.
- Themes: Added 2 new themes to the “Environment -> Themes” menu.
- (S)FTP. Made some more optimizations to speed up browsing directories.
- Favorites menu in FTP panel missing.
- Made some changes in “Replace All” undo code.
- Selection issue.
Changes in RJ TextEd 15.53 (June 8, 2022):
Zoom (CTRL+MouseWheel Up/Down)
Added a new menu item in the “View” menu named “Zoom” with sub-menu items to zoom in, zoom out and reset zoom. You can also use the mouse wheel while pressing the CTRL key.
Zoom will affect all open documents, as well as new or opened documents. The zoom value is saved between sessions. Use “Reset zoom” to undo any zooming you have done. Note that zoom will not change the font size you have set in options.
Fixed some display issues when connected to a remote site.
FTP Profile manager
Passwords are now shown as a masked string (***).
- Made some minor changes to the maximize window code.
- Made some minor additions to the FTP client code.
Changes in RJ TextEd 15.52 (May 30, 2022):
- Language display issue when opening document tab as an external window.
- Heredoc highlight issue in bash documents.
- External compare of remote files.
- Issue when trying to open remote files several times.
Changes in RJ TextEd 15.51 (May 17, 2022):
- Add favorite dialog will ask you for both a name and a path.
Text comparison (text diff)
- Made some visual changes in the row compare panel. Tabs and spaces should now be displayed to help see the difference between the two current rows.
- Fixed a few issues.
- Close document tab issue when tab is close to the right edge.
- Maximize issues.
- Open a session may close the program when certain options are enabled.
Changes in RJ TextEd 15.50 (May 9, 2022):
The highlight color is now different for each word or selected phrase you want to highlight. So if you select e.g. 3 different words – they will be highlighted using different colors.
You can now highlight matching braces as bold, underlined or framed. With or without a background color. You can also use a background only if you set the type to “None”.
Options can be found in [Environment/Themes/Customize…].
Also fixed a few issues with background color.
Fixed an issue with regular expressions.
Added a menu item to the editor context menu.
(It was previously only available in the Search->Highlight menu)
Fixed some issues with open file dialog.
Updated the bash highlighter to add functions to the code explorer. Changed how folding works and how strings are highlighted.
- Chinese language issue in installer.
- Possible FTP reconnect issue with “Keep alive”.
- Install issue when using standard user accounts.
- Some minor issues found while coding.
Homepage – https://www.rj-texted.se
The program has been tested in Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7/8/10 (32 and 64 bit) and Linux (Wine). (32 and 64 bit).
Note that the language and syntax files will be replaced when installing a new version. Place user language files and user syntax files in the “User defined” folder.
Size: 28.7 MB
Note! The updates are available using the program update function or as a downloadable update.
RJ TextEd is free to use for commercial purposes. But if you do, we would appreciate a donation.