EasyHDR is a photo editor software for Windows and Mac. It uses HDR image processing techniques (High Dynamic Range imaging, or HDRi) to make your photos free of unwanted over and under exposures. This program really takes your works to the new level, allowing you to achieve stunning, realistic or dramatic results.
Finally you can get rid of underexposed, overexposed and noisy areas in your photographs. You can also discover new possibilities – by taking pictures in places where are very difficult lighting conditions.
It is capable of importing many image formats: JPEG, 8/16-bit JPEG2000, HEIF/HEIC, 8/16-bit TIFF, PNG, FITS or any RAW photo.Thanks to integration with DCRAW and LibRAW. EasyHDR supports RAWs from Canon (including CR3 format), Nikon, Sony, Fujifilm, Panasonic, Pentax, Olympus, Leica, Kodak, Samsung, GoPro, DJI, etc. Also RAWs taken with smartphones.
Assitionally easyHDR can import OpenEXR (*.exr), Radiance RGBE (*.hdr). Also the 32-bit floating point TIFF HDR images that were previously generated with any other HDR photo processing software.
With easyHDR you can apply lens correction to fix chromatic aberration and lens distortion, then align the photo sequence (manually or using the automatic feature) by compensating for shift, scale, rotation and perspective misalignments. Objects that have moved while the HDR sequence was taken, can be removed with automatic or manual ghost removal tool.
- Merge several differently exposed photographs (JPEG, JPEG2000, HEIC, TIFF, FITS or RAW) into a HDR image.
- Tone map to get the final result. With tone mapping algorithms of easyHDR get realistic or dramatic HDR results – you got the flexibility.
- Develop RAWs from all kinds of cameras and make HDR photos.
- Lens distortion and chromatic aberration correction.
- Enhance a single RAW or JPEG photograph.
- Free Adobe Lightroom plug-in (installed along with easyHDR).
- EasyHDR is a multiplatform HDR photo editor software – works on Windows and macOS.
- High DPI display support (compatible with 4K or Retina screens).
- Correct the white balance during tone mapping, or in case of RAWs, also at import step.
- Live preview while working with full resolution of the photo.
- Work with layers and masks – define different tone mapping parameters for various areas of the photo. That gives unlimited flexibility. A must have for an advanced photographer.
- Apply 3d LUT color grading – easyHDR imports any LUT files.
- Automatic, but also a unique manual Image Alignment allows to process photos taken without a tripod. It compensates not only for shift and rotation, but also for perspective.
- Automatic and manual Ghost Removal feature ensures that moving objects (cars, people, clouds or trees) won’t spoil the final photo.
- 360 degree panorama awareness option (applies tone mapping properly on the left and the right edges of the image).
- You can boost quality with noise removal filters. It can be done before and/or after the photo is tone mapped.
- Advanced Batch Processing allows fast processing of big numbers of input photographs. The HDR sequences are found automatically.
- Built-in and user thumbnail presets.
- History of tone mapping parameter changes – allows live undo/redo.
- Clone & healing brush tool allows removing dust particles, or unwanted objects from your photos.
- Fully supports Color management.
Changes in easyHDR 3.16 (2022-04-02):
- New ‘Colors’ parameter for HDR/LDR noise filter. It allows reduction of high ISO color noise as well as reduction of color fringes (lens’es chromatic aberration artifacts),
- Added option to step in the middle of HDR Generation – new button allows applying automatic lens correction and alignment followed by manual cropping and return to HDR generation,
- When loading FITS images, an options dialog with image preview is shown, similar to the RAW import dialog. It allows stretching histogram, setting gamma, correcting white balance, applying calibration frames (darks and flats), etc.,
- Added new tool for creating master calibration frames by stacking multiple dark or flat frames. It is available for both RAW and FITS import (in the dialogs as well as in the main window’s ‘File’ menu),
- It is now also possible to load tone mapping settings from ehpx project files,
- New selectivity options for HDR generation (and stacking) – allows selecting how many brightest or darkest pixels in each location shall be rejected from the merge. It allows some control over fine ghosting, but most importantly it provides a way to automatically reject artifacts caused by hot pixels and satellites in case of astrophotography stacking.
- Switched default RAW demosaicing interpolation algorithm from AHD to DCB (lower moire). Added possibility to select the algorithm (Program Options -> Misc).
- Added the ‘last used’ preset to the batch processing,
- Added new ‘Colors/Sigma’ parameter in the ‘Bilateral filter’ in the ‘Postprocessing’ tab. Allows reduction of color noise,
- Added option (see Program Options -> Misc) to use the last used preset instead of default when easyHDR starts,
- Improvements in the auto task creator in batch processing,
- Crop tool – added option to keep last used aspect ratio selection.
- Fixed installer problem on Windows when the system’s User Name contains Unicode characters (the easyHDR installer could not start),
- Fixed more issues (also possible on macOS) regarding handling of Unicode characters in file paths, especially for the color management support (still there might be trouble with OpenEXR & JPEG2000 handling, in such a case please move the images to folders that do not contain characters not supported by currently set operating system region/language),
- Repaired some workspace display glitches – i.e. the view was sometimes not updated after image transformation,
- Repaired white balance sample picker in RAW load dialog, which was not sampling smoothened area, it could have also failed when preview image was switched,
- Fixed loading grayscale TIFF images,
- Fixed sorting of image items with the same EV in the input images list,
- Updated LensFun database with new camera and lens definitions for lens correction,
- Updated LibRAW for new camera RAW support,
- Updated LittleCMS library (color management).
Changes in easyHDR 3.15.2 (2021-10-04):
- Added HEIF image loading support (*.heic images, with HEVC compression). Supported natively on macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) and later. In case of Windows, the required system version is Windows 10 1709 or newer, but required is also “HEVC Video Extensions” codec utility by “Microsoft Corporation” – it may be already preinstalled in your system, or you may need to purchase it via Microsoft Store (costs ca. $1).
- Possibility to move tasks in batch processing list (see popup menu – right click on tasks),
- Added option to assign dark frames to tasks in batch processing (also in popup menu).
- Repaired option allowing turning off automatic rotation of RAW photos.
Changes in easyHDR 3.15.1 (2021-03-16):
- Faster RAW loading (vs. version 3.15, which introduced better interpolation algorithm),
- Checking for available disk space in the batch processing,
- Option to add LUT name to default result file name,
- Better detection of some compact cameras in Lens Correction.
- Updated LibRAW (new camera support),
- Repaired rare crash that could have happened when starting HDR generation,
- Fixed automatic RAW white balance option in batch processing,
- Fixed preview of the manual white balance setting in RAW import dialog,
- Ask before canceling changes made with clone/healing tool,
- Fixed loading some ARW RAWs (problem introduced by LibRAW used in version 3.15),
- Fixed loading RAWs from paths with ‘#’ characters,
- Fixed random appearance of a warning dialog telling about the “AlreadyApplied” tag being “false” when loading some RAWs,
- Corrected saving OpenEXR and RadianceRGBE with “normalization” turned off.
Homepage – https://www.easyhdr.com/
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7/8/10/11 64 bit including Wine on Linux
- macOS 10.12 or newer, including 10.15 Catalina, 11.0 Big Sur and above
- Intel (or Apple M1 with Rosetta 2)
Size: 30.6 MB