Stardock WindowFX lets you revolutionize your operating system and utilize an unprecedented number of special effects for your windows and maximize your computing experience.
WindowFX allows you to add an unprecedented number of special effects to Windows and takes advantage of your video card to provide the effects without losing down your computer.
Depending on which version of Windows you are running, it can do some amazing things ranging from adding real alpha blended shadows under windows to having semi-transparent menus.
WindowFX adds special effects “fx” to your Windows experience. Effects include shadows under windows, min/max/close/open animations, window dragging effects, window scaling, window tiling, alt-tab task switching options, taskbar preview thumbnails, and much more.
Stardock WindowFX when combined with WindowBlinds can give your Windows system a next-generation Windows look and feel.It also provides users who run at high resolution the ability to set their window maximization size. It introduces skinning to the desktop background.
Now users can have animated wallpapers that use little CPU. A library of desktop skins is available from which users can have their desktop wallpaper provide news, animation, and more without the normal CPU hit one would get from Active Desktop. Make your Windows PC really shine with WindowFX!
- Stardock WindowFX adds a host of different animations to choose from as well as a list of common actions to add them to such as minimizing, maximizing, closing, or opening windows or menus.
- Apply custom animations. Choose from over 30 animated effects for windows when they open, close, minimize and restore. Several of these include substyles for different animation types. Also explore over 20 Start menu animations. (Windows 7 required for most effects)
- To maximize productivity, Stardock WindowFX enables you to automatically resize windows to use one-quarter or one-half of the screen simply by moving the window to the appropriate hotspot.
- Corner Hotspots. Quickly resize your windows by simply moving them to the top, bottom or any corner on the screen.
- Advanced “right click” options. Control your window effects, transparency and window resizing by using your “right click”.
- Double-click to hide icons. Simply double-click your desktop to hide your icons.
- Hide text labels for desktop icons. Easily hide them to avoid desktop clutter.
- Hide icon shortcut overlays. Remove the unnecessary arrow at the bottom of your desktop icons.
- Remain focused on the task at hand. Make the active window stand out, make inactive windows fade away and automatically minimize background windows.
- Add momentum to your workflow. WindowFX has a “window flick” option. That allows you to add movements, fade windows and add speed to quickly throw your windows around your monitor.
Changes in WindowFX 6.10:
- Fix for UI at 125% dpi
- Performance tweaks for animations
- Fixed for mixed DPI setups
- Fixes for things not filling the screen correctly when set to half screen
- Animations are set to run at 120hz now instead of 60
- Now supports animating Universal apps for window dragging and command prompts now support animation
Changes in WindowFX 6.02:
- Inactive Window tweaks
- Miscellaneous fixes
Homepage – https://www.stardock.com/products/windowfx/
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 17.6 MB