Stardock Start11 application allows you to restore the Classic Start Menu in Windows 10/11. Replace the Start menu with a classic version. This Windows 7-style look is a comfortable return to the form and function you expect.
You can also customize the layout of the Start menu, adjust its size and location, tweak icons and more. Choose your favorite color for the Start menu and enjoy custom textures for your taskbar. An array of bundled images and textures let you personalize your PC.
In addition to the Start menu, using Stardock Start11 you can customize the Taskbar, including adjusting transparency, adding textures and more. Other options include tweaking Search, integration with other product from Stardock – such as Fences – and tweaking the mouse button and keyboard shortcuts.
Quick and convenient access to search means your desktop applications and new Universal applications are always accessible. If you are running with multiple monitors, you can add a Start menu to the secondary taskbar for always at hand access.
TOP CURRENT FEATURES:
- Choose from several Start menu layouts
- Works on Windows 10/11
- Integrate Stardock’s “Fences” into the Start Menu
- Quickly access search on your desktop
- Add color / texture to the Start menu and taskbar
What’s coming to Stardock Start11:
- Significantly faster search / detailed search results
- Improved search results with new search engine
- Perform simple math problems in the search box
- Additional style options
- Enhanced productivity features
- Improved configurability of Windows 7 / Modern modes
Changes in Stardock Start11 1.24:
- Removed a surplus UI button if you resize the config really tall on the main page and
- Fixed the tooltip text for the Win10 menu style when all apps is hidden by default
- One missing string which is added to the en lang file
- Fix for error prompt about PowerShell showing if security settings block running it
- Fix for ObjectDock running causing enhanced taskbar to lockup or run extremely slowly
- Added support for shutdown / reboot when other users are logged into the computer
- Added steam update support
- Fix for issue with small mode taskbar sometimes causing a crash on explorer restart
- Fixed issue with system tray icons sometimes shrinking or turning into one column when using enhanced taskbar mode
- Fix for issue clicking on grouped taskbar button when primary monitor is to the right of the primary and mouse jumping to the corner sometimes (most likely on double click)
- Fixed issue with prolonged cpu spike when opening jumplist from taskbar
- Tweak to clicking on already running app in taskbar for detecting if to focus or minimize / restore
- Added strings to en.lng and en-us.lng for new bits in 1.24
Changes in Stardock Start11 1.1:
- Win10/Win11 styles now support folders. By dragging an icon over another icon while holding down the shift key, a folder will be created in the menu.
- Win10/Win11 styles now offer a right-click Icon submenu that lets you easily change the app icon that appears in the Start menu.
- On the very first run of Start11 on a Win10 install, the existing Win10 menu will be imported for the Win10 style including folders.
- Enhanced support for Fences integration makes it easier to add your fences directly to your Start menu.
- Ability to lock icon positions in win10/11 menus.
- Fixed issue with recent apps list having a network location in it which is not accessible causing Win11 menu to appear blank for a prolonged period.
- Mouseover correctly shows on Win10 tiles now when they use a tile image.
- Surplus line at the bottom of the W7/Modern styles when in nonrounded mode resolved.
- Tweaks to experimental tile and Universal app icon loading to better handle apps with different icons for light/dark mode.
- Added refresh icons option to Win10/11 menus to refresh icons should the user have changed icons via a tile editing app or due to OS icon cache changes.
- Reduced gap between groups on Win11 menu when icon sizes are smaller vs having a fixed size.
- Added option to Win11 style to load up tile images.
- Fixes for issues found by QA before Christmas.
- A fix for open file location not working for all shortcuts for one user.
- You can now rearrange Fences groups and set icon size (win10 style) and it gets saved.
- Also added option to lock icon positions in win10/11 menus (right-click menu).
- Fixed folder group icons being the wrong size sometimes for Win11 menu style.
- Stopped you from being able to drag icons into Fences group from the Win10 menu all apps list.
- This fixes some crashes with some edge cases
- Makes search add priority to items you have pinned.
- Auto pins and unpins things when you use the OS pin to start option (may take a few seconds) plus unpins from OS menu if you unpin from S11 (Win10/11 menus only).
- Adds in option to show Fences on the S11 Win10/11 menus.
- Improves performance of folder expansion animation and fixes deadlock potential issue with that.
- Removes items pinned when the user uninstalls the app (Universal apps ONLY – Win10/11 menu only too).
- Fixes for some issues with the new folder groups such as not deleting when the last item was removed.
- Fixes for not scaling the mini icons with icon scaling options.
- Fixed missing icons for Minesweeper.
- Made it insert new group in Win10 mode in the right column if one is missing.
- Fixed too small icons on Win11 menu all apps list.
Homepage – https://www.stardock.com/products/start11/
System Requirements: Windows 10, 11.
Languages included: English, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, and Turkish
Size: 40.3 MB