DameWare Remote Support 12 (DRS) (formerly DameWare NT Utilities) lets you manage servers, notebooks and laptops remotely so you can quickly support end-users.
It includes desktop remote control and the ability to complete Windows Administration tasks remotely right from the DameWare Remote Support Console!
With DRS, you can connect to a computer and control the desktop as if you were physically sitting at the keyboard. You can perform any action remotely including installing software and drivers, changing configuration settings, and troubleshooting issues.
With DameWare Remote Support 12 you can resolve many Windows problems without having to take remote control of the computer. DRS lets you manage and administer Windows computers remotely from a single console.
in addition, this remote program allos you to manage and update Microsoft Active Directory. You can add, delete and update objects such as Organizational Units (OUs), Containers, Users, Groups and Computers. It also supports managing extended attributes such as photo, logo and employee ID.
- Troubleshoot end-user problems using remote control
- Remotely manage and administer Windows computers
- Update and maintain Microsoft Active Directory
- Inventory and export server and laptop configurations
DameWare Remote Support allows you to remotely export information from Windows computers. You can export information about disk drives, printers, services, network shares, software and much more. All information is available in common formats including XML and CSV.
DameWare Remote Support 12 Key Features:
- Remotely reboot servers and notebooks
- Start and stop Windows Services
- Clear and view Windows Event Logs
- Copy and delete files on remote computers
- Manage Windows Active Directory
- Take full control of the end-user’s desktop in one click
- Chat with the end-user as you troubleshoot problems
- Take screenshots of remote desktops
- Automatically install agents as you need them
- Remote Support Software that’s easy to use
The following security improvements are included in Dameware 12.2.3.
- Default credentials have been removed from Dameware Central Server and Mobile Gateway. New users are prompted to enter credentials during installation, and existing users are prompted to change their credentials when they first log on.
- SQLite and zlib libraries have been updated to the most recent versions.
- Legacy Windows Event Logging API has been replaced with the most recent version.
Dameware 12.2.2 offers updates to the user interface and provides enhanced security compared to previous releases of Dameware.
- Dameware 12.2.2 introduces a modern and secure solution for storing credentials.
- Exported host lists can now contain credentials.
- It also initiates a new backup functionality when you upgrade to the most recent version of Dameware.
- MSI can again be extracted and used to install Dameware.
The following security improvements are included in Dameware 12.2.2.
- There is now a user password prompt to establish access for the encryption backup file.
- Dameware user passwords are hashed with a NIST-approved secure hashing that also aligns with FIPS 202.
- zlib was updated to version 1.2.11.
- Works seamlessly for users who have disabled Server Message Block (SMB) v1
- Updated diagnostics tool
- SQLite updated to the current version
- Security improvements and bug fixes
- Dameware 12.2 provides enhanced security over Dameware 12.1.2.
- The HTTPS Strict Transport Security header is now included in the Dameware proxy server.
- Starting with Dameware 12.2, TLS 1.1 is deprecated, so only TLS 1.2 or later versions are supported.
- Dameware now supports Microsoft Windows Server 2019.
- Delivers a security improvement over Dameware Mini Remote Control version 12.1.1.
- Dameware 12.1.2 is signed with a new digital code-signing certificate.
Changes in DameWare Remote Control 12.1.1:
- Dameware 12.1.1 works seamlessly for users who have disabled Server Message Block (SMB) v1.
- The Dameware diagnostics tool has been updated for this Dameware release.
- SQLite has been updated to the current version.
- Security improvements and bug fixes enhance the user experience.
Changes in DameWare Remote Control 12.1:
- TLS 1.2 Protocol Support. Dameware is now TLS 1.2 protocol compliant, helping ensure safer transfer of real-time data. TLS 1.2 adheres to both PCI and HIPAA industry requirements.
- New Mirror Driver. Windows 10 customers are now supported via the new mirror driver.
- 4k Monitor Resolution and Additional App Support. Support for Java Direct X Apps, allowing you to interact with high-resolution displays and modern apps.
- New User Interface. New, refreshed icons for Dameware Mini Remote Control, updating the look and feel!
Homepage – https://www.dameware.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
Size: 95.6 MB