It can analyze the data packets. Where they come from, where they go, which port and protocol they use. This makes it possible to distinguish between local and internet traffic for example.
Also you can use BWMeter for traffic control by setting a speed limit for all kinds of connections or restricting access of apps to certain internet sites. It creates statistics for all computers in your network, measuring and displaying all LAN traffic as well as download/ upload from the internet.
You can even define filters which show your transfer with certain internet addresses (e.g. to see how much data you download from your favorite news server).
BWMeter is ideal for home users, as well as small to large businesses, where one computer can control the traffic and maintain the statistics of downloaded and uploaded data of all computers in the network. The product is easy to configure and offers a rich set of options and features for beginners as well as experts and network administrators.
BWMeter Key Features:
- Graphical and numerical display of bandwidth
- User definable filters for measuring bandwidth
- User definable graphs to visualize bandwidth
- Monitor all network interfaces / adapters
- Monitor and display all traffic on the network
- Filter by network address, port, application, etc.
- Firewall mode (interactive and silent)
- Traffic control, access control and speed limits
- Creates daily, weekly, monthly and yearly statistics
- Shows statistics of other computers running BWMeter
- Alerts and notifications
- Creates statistics of all local network and internet traffic
- Shows hostile internet traffic (hackers, viruses, etc.)
- Statistics can be exported / imported
- Ping support for monitoring web servers, internet connections, etc.
- Easy installation and configuration with default options
- Supports LAN, WAN, VPN, ADSL, xDSL, Modem, Dial-Up, etc.
- Absolute flexibility
- Many options for full customization
- Silent installation and uninstallation for mass deployment
- Now with Windows 10 support!
- BWMeter is based on WinpkFilter network drivers.
Changes in BWMeter 9.0.2 (2021-06-03):
- General bug fixes, stability improvements and extended trial version
Changes in BWMeter 8.4.9 (2020-09-17):
- New: ping name in each line of ping log (for filtering)
- Fix: notification windows not being on top of other windows
Changes in BWMeter 8.4.8 (2020-05-08):
- Fix: elapsed time display in stopwatch
Changes in BWMeter 8.4.7 (2020-03-10):
- Fix: improved input of IP addresses and masks with
Changes in BWMeter 8.4.6 (2020-02-14):
- Fix: issue with saving options when system shuts down
Changes in BWMeter 8.4.5 (2020-01-29):
- Fix: main dialog now shown when BWMeter ist started again (and already running in the background)
- Fix: main dialog minimized after “restart after sleep”
Changes in BWMeter 8.4.4 (2020-01-22):
- Fix: issue when programs change the display resolution
Changes in BWMeter 8.4.3 (2020-01-04):
- Fix: rare issue with internal uncompression routine
Homepage – https://www.hexagonwebs.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 1.73 MB